Riverdale wins in Ohio

warriordawg31

From the Ohio Sports Board:

Kilbourne wouldnt have beaten any decent team tonight... They marched down the field twice and got inside the 10 both times Gafford turned it over. The first time he was sacked and just fumbled... he was sacked head on not blind sided. Then later in the first half they did the same thing... drove it all the way down to the 10 and ran a fake hand off with a pitch to Kovonda... Gafford pitched it way behind Corey and they lost the ball.... Gafford also fumbled on his own 20 in the same first half... The game was given to Riverdale...The only time I remember Jordan playing so bad was the beginning of his Sophmore year... In the second half Kilbourne scored on the first drive then the two teams couldnt get anything and Riverdale scored with around 3 minutes left because they were running the ball to run out the clock and they threw a pass to the tight end for six... Final score 26-7.

Not giving our State Champs any respect! :(

Way to go Riverdale! thumb

I think you showed them why Soouthern Football rules.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey rigger .... I guess the only way to get that respect will be to go 15-0, win ANOTHER state title and finished ranked in the nation's Top 10. ... Well, I guess that'll have to do. :(

Its a good thing Kilbourne doesn't play Tenn. schools more often. They would probably fall off the national radar screen.

Hey rigger .... I guess the only way to get that respect will be to go 15-0, win ANOTHER state title and finished ranked in the nation's Top 10. ... Well, I guess that'll have to do. :(

Its a good thing Kilbourne doesn't play Tenn. schools more often. They would probably fall off the national radar screen.

825729051[/snapback]

I've been around Ohio teams when TN teams have beat them in baseball. It's not a pretty sight.

I would like to see Kilbourne win their state, then you could really talk SMACK!

It was a great game.

Kilbourne was everything I expected them to be, They ran the ball with power and precision. They have an outstanding team with speed and a lot of great players. There are a bunch of their giuys I would like to have on our team.

Both teams had their problems on the night. Riverdale had penalties and then more penalties that hurt or killed drives. Kilbourne had turnovers that killed drives.

Both teams ran straight ahead with effectiveness and both teams got in trouble when they tried to get cute.

Gaston Miller and Tamar Butler are both big-time, big-game players.

This is the first itme I can ever remember Riverdale having to adjust to the speed of the game and it took us about a quarter to really get a handle on their combination of speed and power.

Our guys played great at times and seemed a little out of sync at times. I'm sure that the OL will work hard on getting the snap count this week. The line teally blew them off the ball at times but the errors really hurt.

Really good crowd...Riverdale brought a bunch of wild and enthusiastic supporters. Quites a few more than I expected.

This is a game that will help both teams as the season progresses. Kilbourne was without their leading rusher (Dew). I can understand now, after watching the game, how a fullback can pick up so many yards. At full strength, and with a couple games under their belt, Kilbourne is going to be a load.

The Kilborne people were VERY hospitable and were great hosts.

I can't find my glasses so please excuse my spelling.

Veteran

Location: Columbus, Ohio Home of The Worthington Kilbourne Wolves and THE Ohio State University

Post Number: 691

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 07:53 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moose did you watch the game? No you probably didn't.... without the turnovers Kilbourne would have won easily... and no Kovonda did not run the wrong pattern and for the record it would have been a touchdown... nothing but green ahead of him... Its not all Gaffords fault... the Riverdale team blitzed and it wasnt picked up... Jordan is the best defensive player on the team... he is All State... but offensively I think Kilbourne should start looking elsewhere.

KFR_06

All Star

Post Number: 1769

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 07:54 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riverdale definitely was NOT a lot better.

Riverdale was a very solid team and was able to capitalize on the mistakes Kilbourne made. Without 2 of the fumbles the Wolves easily would of had 10 points. Now its 26-17...The other fumble came on the 2nd play after a long Riverdale drive, forcing the defense to come back out tired. Would they have made a stop? Maybe, but it definitely would have been a tighter game.

Props to Gaston Miller who ran the ball hard. Riverdale is a GOOD team, but by no means were they that much better than Kilbourne.

These posts from JJHuddle. Sounds like our friends from Ohio are in denial. :( Good job Riverdale.

There is one thing I will agree with and that is that Gafford is not much of a passer. He made a couple nice throws but some that were not even close. He is one fine runner and safety though..really good tackler.

Every game has lots of 'ifs'. Take away the Kilbourne turnovers and the Riverdale penalties and the outcome would have been about the same.

From an Ohioan on another board/site:

Kilbourne is an above average Columbus area team. The Columbus area is traditionally the weakest big metro area in OH... [The result was] kind of as expected.

Wonder how often "above average" teams make the DI semifinals in Ohio, like WK did last year?

The backlash from OH is about as I expected...minimizing Riverdale's win. It was a solid win to me.

Edited by rollredroll

From the Ohio Sports Board:

Kilbourne wouldnt have beaten any decent team tonight... They marched down the field twice and got inside the 10 both times Gafford turned it over. The first time he was sacked and just fumbled... he was sacked head on not blind sided. Then later in the first half they did the same thing... drove it all the way down to the 10 and ran a fake hand off with a pitch to Kovonda... Gafford pitched it way behind Corey and they lost the ball.... Gafford also fumbled on his own 20 in the same first half... The game was given to Riverdale...The only time I remember Jordan playing so bad was the beginning of his Sophmore year... In the second half Kilbourne scored on the first drive then the two teams couldnt get anything and Riverdale scored with around 3 minutes left because they were running the ball to run out the clock and they threw a pass to the tight end for six... Final score 26-7.

Not giving our State Champs any respect! :P

Way to go Riverdale! thumb

I think you showed them why Soouthern Football rules.

825729045[/snapback]

That's just like some of the posts on this site. I would bet not everyone connected with that team feels the same.