fuel and football

free4only1

The real issue will become individuals rationing gas. As gas goes above $3 a gallon it will limit what I do. I will be cutting back on everything. So the grocery store is going to take a hit. I'm going to be eating out of the food I have put up. I will be hunting and fishing every chance I get to stock up. I'll have to cut back on everything to afford to go to ball games.

Sundrop and Coke are taking a hit. Frito Lay is taking a hit. A couple of other "beverage" companies are going to take a hit. There will be no movie rentals, PPVs, no CDs or DVDs bought, no trips to the movies....nothing like this of any kind to make sure I can get to the games I have to attend.

So we may still be going to the games but we may not be shopping at the concession stand.

If gas hits $4 or $5 then things are going to get real interesting.

"It's the end of the world as we know it. It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine."

NOT! :)

Del (who figures the bright side is I might drop a few pounds. ;) )

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have an idea...let's amend the constitution so we can elect bush to another 4 years in 2008! before you go off about him not having anything to do with the hurricane... i know this BUT he did have a lot to do with 2.60 prices pre-hurricane. put an oil man in the white house... kinda like letting the fox guard the chicken coop.. that was a great idea. ('but he's such a moral man'...geez gimme a break ;) )

i have an idea...let's amend the constitution so we can elect bush to another 4 years in 2008! before you go off about him not having anything to do with the hurricane... i know this BUT he did have a lot to do with 2.60 prices pre-hurricane. put an oil man in the white house... kinda like letting the fox guard the chicken coop.. that was a great idea. ('but he's such a moral man'...geez gimme a break ;) )

825735719[/snapback]

I have to agree with this one 100% folks.

This false shortage will be a good excuse for George W. and his oil Company buddies to stabilize prices so they will never fall below $2 or $2.25 again. Cancel a few football games across the country and watch the people scream and squall and then they will be thankful and happy with the government stabilizing the price around $2.25. BUT IT WILL NEVER DROP BELOW THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D;):)

This false shortage will be a good excuse for George W. and his oil Company  buddies to stabilize prices so they will never fall below $2 or $2.25 again.  Cancel a few football games across the country and watch the people scream and squall and then they will be thankful and happy with the government stabilizing the price around $2.25.  BUT IT WILL NEVER DROP BELOW THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(  :thumb:  :D

825735826[/snapback]

That is right by the time the oil fatcats are finished with this "shortage" we will be glad to pay 2.50 But in the mean time my trash pickup guy is going out of business he can't afford to continue and give his customers good rates, we canseled the newspaper, will downgrade to dial up internet with the cheapest service we can find, dump the cell phones, get rid of all of the extras on the house phone, cut back on the cable bill etc etc, so it just is not the working people screaming give it a couple of weeks and it will be big business screaming then. Just wait till Christmas. Little businesses will be going under left and right, big businesses will be taking a hard hit.

i have an idea...let's amend the constitution so we can elect bush to another 4 years in 2008! before you go off about him not having anything to do with the hurricane... i know this BUT he did have a lot to do with 2.60 prices pre-hurricane. put an oil man in the white house... kinda like letting the fox guard the chicken coop.. that was a great idea. ('but he's such a moral man'...geez gimme a break  )
It is bushs fault, but u know the democrats and other politicians arent doin anything bout it either. Cause there all gettin paid off by the oil compainies.

It is bushs fault, but u know the democrats and other politicians arent doin anything bout it either.  Cause there all gettin paid off by the oil compainies.

825736351[/snapback]

I've got an ideal. Lets all blame Bush! :thumb: There are numerus reasons that gas prices are hitting all time highs and I can assure you that it's not his fault. If you want to blame someone blame OPEC or the foreigners that have control at the gas pumps.

I've got an ideal. Lets all blame Bush! :thumb: There are numerus reasons that gas prices are hitting all time highs and I can assure you that it's not his fault. If you want to blame someone blame OPEC or the foreigners that have control at the gas pumps.

825736366[/snapback]

Saw a news report about the oil refinery in Somerset Ky. (Somerset Oil) Their CEO says its not the Govt., the refineries, or the gas station owners. He says its the owners of the oil wells ie. the oil companies both here and abroad. He said the local well owneres he buys from in KY, TN, and IN. are gouging and charging $70+ a barrel just like foriegn oil companies. Which by the way are in cahoots with the big oil companies in Europe and the U.S. anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw a news report about the oil refinery in Somerset Ky. (Somerset Oil) Their CEO says its not the Govt., the refineries, or the gas station owners.  He says its the owners of the oil wells ie. the oil companies both here and abroad.  He said the local well owneres he buys from in KY, TN, and IN. are gouging and charging $70+ a barrel just like foriegn oil companies.  Which by the way are in cahoots with the big oil companies in Europe and the U.S. anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825736375[/snapback]

yeah it's called OPEC

Mr Professor,

This is a FOOTBALL board, not a place for you to spew your leftist liberal puke. If you can't talk about the subject,stay off the board.

If we have to, the kids can drive and the parents can take some of the players to the games. That's what we did in middle school. The games must go on!

Mr Professor,

This is a FOOTBALL board, not a place for you to spew your leftist liberal puke. If you can't talk about the subject,stay off the board.

If we have to, the kids can drive and the parents can take some of the players to the games. That's what we did in middle school. The games must go on!

825736429[/snapback]

AMEN. Football is a REPUBLICAN'S sport. All those liberal democrate idiots can take it to the house. I'd love to see Bush lined up with Kerry on the line!!!!!!!!!!