DOBYNS-BENNETT VS. OAK RIDGE

-Catfish-

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say the comparison to the two teams by using scrimmages is an extreme stretch. DB never plays that well in scrimmages because they don't gameplan that much and usually are evaluating players. 3 or 4 years ago they played Maryville preseason and got hammered, but they went on to be the last team to beat OR in the playoffs and were narrowly defeated by Riverdale in the Semis. However, I still think OR will come out on top, but you never know, heros emerge every time DB and OR face off.

I've been a Tribe fan for dozens of years, but this time around it's a beating coming from the hands of the Wildcats. I'll still be a Tribe fan when it's over, but they are just better than we are this year. We've had our licks against O-R. Adonis Johnson owned them and their field when he played and it seems like we drilled 'em something like 32-6 in the playoffs not long ago. However, they are better than we are in every phase. The Indians will hang in there as long as the defense will carry them. It's not personal, it's just the ebb and flow of high school athletes and what they can do. Don't get fooled by a better performance against Bearden.......Bearden can't play and O-R would beat them by 50. Let's do the best we can, go 9 and 1, win the Big East, and stay alive in the playoffs as long as we can.

To my boy stonewall if you are tribe fan then you should probably have a little more faith in us then what you have. You are gonna tell us to go 9-1 and win the big east and do good in the playoffs. Well just to let you know the real tribe fans and the team want to go 10-0 and do good in the playoffs so try to have a little more faith and believe that we are a very good team and we will have to play very good against a very good OR team that have alot of weapons. We will have a good week of practice and i think we will be ready for spencer and the wildcats.

Roll Tribe Roll 3-0

Its J. Fred

Edited by thegreatest20

DB's defense is tough and will keep OR from running up the score but the Tribes offense is just not doing very well...they did a better job in the Bearden game but to say they made progress is a stretch. In the last 2 games DB has scored 30 points.....Oak Ridge has scored 122.

OR-35

DB-3

DB has a tough defense like always....but their offense is nothing less than one of the worst in the state. They played better against Bearden last week but to say they made progress is a stretch. Bo got sacked or taken down in the backfield way too many times. I dont know if he was holding onto the ball to long in some cases or what but I do know whether he drops back to pass or runs the ball on those draw plays hes getting nailed. The last thing DB needs is to lose another QB.

By the way....DB has scored 30 points the last 2 games, Oak Ridge has scored 122.

OR-35

DB-3

To my boy stonewall if you are tribe fan then you should probably have a little more faith in us then what you have. You are gonna tell us to go 9-1 and win the big east and do good in the playoffs. Well just to let you know the real tribe fans and the team want to go 10-0 and do good in the playoffs so try to have a little more faith and believe that we are a very good team and we will have to play very good against a very good OR team that have alot of weapons. We will have a good week of practice and i think we will be ready for spencer and the wildcats.

Roll Tribe Roll 3-0

Its J. Fred

825738830[/snapback]

thegreatest20,

I take it from your ID and from your comments that you are on the team. If true that would probably make you Josef Throp. You are a very good player and we DB fans appreciate your contributions to the team. If that is not true, disregard my previous comments.

"stonewall" appears to be an older DB fan, much like myself. My ID describes myself - a 1970 DB graduate. It is of concern that you question his loyalty as a DB fan just because he is being realistic. This world is made better by people who are realistic but strive to do better than realistic. Frankly, a little more respect for him seems to be in order. He is just stating what he believes, not what he wishes were true - which is what you were doing in your post. It's fine to think positive and expect to win. I hope DB does win. I will be screaming my lungs out Friday night - you can count on it.

But I am realistic too. Oakridge by 24. Make me eat those words. If you get fired up enough, a victory may be within grasp. :thumb: