DOBYNS-BENNETT VS. OAK RIDGE

-Catfish-

Yep, if both are No. 1 seeds, OR would make the trip to DB in the third round I am pretty sure. Think both teams have plenty to worry about before that scenario is even considered.

I think the only way that is possible is if DB were to wind up being lower than the no. 1 seed in its region.  The no. 1's from each region alternate as host each year, and if both teams wind up as their region's no. 1 seed (as they have the last few years) and win their first two games, OR would have to come back to Kingsport for a rematch in round 3, just like two years ago.  And just like DB had to go back to OR for the rematch last year after playing there in the regular season.

825745635[/snapback]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First would like to give OR coaching staff a thumbs up act by kneeling at the end of a great game.

Now, I thought DB had a game plan that gave them an opportunity to steal one lat night. The score doen't reflect the great play og the defense by DB. I know Gilmire had 130 or so yards but half of those came on one run. He got HIT and HIT hard last night. The defense caused turnovers and the offense just couldn't convert any of them. DB will have to go to the end zone more. No passes were even thrown to the zone. Running the ball wa working, Burnett played a great game on O. And we have to go for the 4th and 1 we punted twice and once it cost us 7. But all in all a great game. Each school should cruise through regular season and 2nd round playoff game. 3rd round at J FRED I have a feeling it will be dejavu, only this time the good guy come out on top.

remember all, its just a game

game should have been at least 35-3 OR, but all of those turnovers really hurt, plus an OR linebacker couldnt pick one off before halftime and score, that would have been nice  :lol:

825745777[/snapback]

Could, coulda, coulda. And it could been a DB win had they made use of all those Oak Ridge turnovers. Remember DB caused those fumble and interceptions, not Oak Ridge. Your not giving DB enough credit, they were a young team with not as many weapons as Oak Ridge and the game was not secured until late in the fourth. DB made things happen to stay in that game.

:lol:

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH ITSJUSTAGAME.....GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP SHOWN BY THE OR COACH ON THE LAST PLAY OF THE GAME. BOTH TEAMS WERE GREAT TO WATCH. I WAS THRILLED THAT DB STAYED IN THE GAME AND PLAYED WITH TREMENDOUS HEART....HAVING HEARD ALL THE NEGATIVES THROWN THEIR WAY THIS SEASON. THE DEFENSE WAS TERRIFIC....OR'S #1 WAS A HARD RUNNER....GIVE HIM HIS DUE. I BELIEVE THINGS MIGHT HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT IF WE HAD GONE FOR THE 1ST DOWN ON OUR FIRST SERIES OF PLAYS....WHO KNOWS? THE PUNT RETURN BY #2 stunk THE LIFE OUT OF US A LITTLE, BUT WE NEVER GAVE UP.

OUR DEFENSE WILL REMAIN THE BEST AND OUR OFFENSE WILL ONLY GET BETTER...WE'RE RUNNING BETTER AND THE PASS RECEPTIONS WILL COME. GOOD JOB.... CODY SENSABAUGH AND WE HOPE JOSEF THROP IS IS BACK FOR FRIDAYS GAME.

Great game Friday night...Congratulations to the Wildcats

bounder,

the speakers were replaced since last year...that may be the difference in sound...?...

geronimo,

Josef Throp will have an MRI @ 6:00am Tuesday 9/13 morning...hope he is back soon, too

Good luck the rest of the way to the 'Cats...

Indians have a big conference game Friday @ Jefferson Cty...stay focused and get healthy

Roll Tribe Roll

I'm beginning to think that tu fueta & waco truly don't enjoy each other. I have a house on Boone Lake that you boys could use one weekend for some bonding time. But waco, you may need to get a demo four wheel drive from your place of employment to get there, road's kinda rough B) Good Luck to the young men of the Tribe vs Jeff County! B)