The South Doyle Cherokees

Peter North

Man how easy it is to kick someone when they are down, all of you people that are bashing your own team get a life. Instead of complaining about the coaching why don't you take all of that energy and go raise some money to buy better equipment or whatever the team needs instead of bashing them here on CoachT. Coach Hutchins is a good football coach belive me I saw what he has to offer a football program first hand when he was @ McMinn Co., and he has a good staff to go along with him. Hey Hutch we got your back, you just keep on keeping on! GO TRIBE!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read with interst the items that all of you folks are talking about. The real concern here should be the players that are dedicated to SDHS. There is an awesome group of Freshman and Sophomores -- maybe if they got the chance to play a little to boost their confidence. If you people would come to the freshman/JV games on Monday nights you would see the future of the kees. They are pumped up and they play hard. They have speed unmatched, and a couple of guys that can really catch the ball. I think #43 was the middle school 100 meter track champion last year --- he can fly. I have followed the kees for a long time and I think a lot of the "red neck" personna that we have we got because of Swaffy. The way the "strutted" onto the field was disgusting, and a lot of the doyle loyals didn't like it. Those of us who don't care for the cocky, red neck attitude would like to see a little class back into the program. Kids get suspended from the team for a reason -- probably a good one -- if we only knew the attitudes of some of these kids we wouldn't want them on the team either.

The fact that kids say they are embarrassed should not be because of the team they have -- it should be for the team they could have if they are big and strong and played and supported their school. A lot of these kids are just plain lazy and would rather be home playing nintendo and drinking their 2 liter mtn dew than working their butts off on the field during practice -- it takes a commitment and a lot of the kids at SD don't want to commitment to what it takes to have a quality program. That is because SD is the dumping ground for a lot of kids who don't want to succeed, but I degress. On to more football.

Do you think if we got a coach like Coach Quarles from Maryville we would have more people want to play football. I think not -- because of information detailed in the aforementioned paragraph.

Get off your duffs and help you school I say.

Do you think if we got a coach like Coach Quarles from Maryville we would have more people want to play football.  I think not -- because of information detailed in the aforementioned paragraph. 

825751478[/snapback]

I disagree. Coach Quarles is a proven winner. More kids would rather play for Quarles if giving that chance.

Bla, Bla, Bla.... I don't think it is fair to compare GQ to Hutch @ this point in their coaching lives. I mean GQ is @ Maryville that has had a history of good football teams and then you got SD. Find something else to complain about....

825751558[/snapback]

Didn't the 2 schools that made up South-Doyle have good football teams?

To Leonard Losers--you left some things out of the coaches schedule, lets see cussing players, avoiding players, avoiding parents, etc... And waiting on kids to get rides home. I don't know what parking lot you've been in but they usually are gone before some of the kids. Some say help out, contribute, call, etc. I have done all of that. Nobody wants to by cookie dough, or discount cards from anybody from SD. Some of the players were actually made fun of by strangers in the Walmart parking lot for trying to do fundraisers. Oh yeah I see our coaches in the community, usually at Walmart during the DAY, the school DAY. I know first hand alot about this football program, and I have tried to look at it from both sides, and neither view is pretty. I think uptown needs to get off their duffs and find out what the problem is. SD has more problems than the football team. Drug use, violence, the list goes on and on. We have been long time S Knox natives, and are not able to move, but if I could we would be gone. I feel when Duncan pulls out of the parking lot and goes to Powell,

SD nevers crosses his mind again. I have talked to alot of Powell people, and they sure don't want him back. If he's such a concerned person, why don't he take a PAY cut and go back to coaching. And one more thing, most of the SD coaching staff have young children, and babies, if they would only remember that these boys are somebodies children, and they are trying. They need to change places with some of the SD parents and look at it thru their eyes. Watching the boys hang their heads in shame, coming home dead tired night after night, beaten and brusied go to bed and get up to do it again. All along the way the coaches won't speak to them in the hallways, and when they do talk they are usually cussing them. I wonder if Hutchins has ever seen one of his own hissy fits on video. You know when he jumps up and down and screams at the officials. Better yet how would Duncan, and the SD coaches feel if some one treated their children like they are treating ours

if the former coach let players miss practice and then play he did a great injustice to them all, however when i asked my doyle friend he simply laughed at that statement and made a reference to a linebacker that was kicked off the team before the play-offs due to missing practice. I am for SD, for Duncan and for the coaching staff but things must change. Some of you who are close to the program should make some noise with your board member. Is he active or just a figure head? Also what happened to the former administration?

I have talked to alot of Powell people, and they sure don't want him back. 

825751745[/snapback]

You are clueless. Yep, i'm sure there are some Powell people that may not care for him, but by and large the Powell community would love to see Clark back one day in administration at Powell High. That, my friend, is coming from a Powell person who knows this community very well.