Riverdale greatest TN Football Program Ever?

hs sports fan

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best in the last 15 years, no doubt. The ingredients of the "Best of All-Time" lists have to age like fine wine as the old commercials use to say. 15 years is not "All-Time". Off the top of my head, I would have to give the nod to either Dobyns-Bennett or Oak Ridge with the slight edge to Oak Ridge. How many Oak Ridge teams does anyone remember that weren't very good?

I know most of you will disagree, but i think MUS is the best team in the state, I believe that MUS would give Riverdale a run for their money and most likely beat them.  I also believe this would have been true for last year also.

825742559[/snapback]

Most years, the DII AAA champ is the best team in the state bar none. Although I think Riverdale was the best team overall last season, MUS would have been much more competitive than people give them credit for, and on a given night, could have taken the Warriors down.

Yall heard the question, now let me hear some answers. Please vote and then reply.

825741355[/snapback]

THIS IS A TOUGH QUESTION TO ANSWER BUT GUYS IF WE ARE TALKING TITLES

CLEARLY RIVERDALE IS THE BEST "TEAM" IN THE STATE RECENTLY . BRENTWOOD ACADEMY AND MBA ARE THE BEST PROGRAMS HOWEVER THATS HARD TO JUDGE SINCE THEY can "RECRUIT PLAYERS" . I STILL SAY THOUGH EAST TN HAS GREAT FOOTBALL AS WELL, ONLY MARYVILLE SEEMS TO MAKE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP TO PROVE THIS THOUGH , IN THE PAST DB OR OAK RIDGE HAS BEEN KNOCKED OFF WHEN THEY MIGHT BE THE STRONGER EAST TN TEAM ... . THE OTHER THING IS DOES RIVERDALE HAVE AN EASIER RD TO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THAN EAST TN TEAMS DO?

AND DOES WEST TN TEAMS HAVE A EASY RD AS WELL ? RIGHT NOW THOUGH SINCE WE DO HAVE A PLAYOFF SYSTEM THE TEAM OF THE 90'S AS MUCH AS IT KILLS ME HA HA HA HAS TO BE MURFREESBORO RIVERDALE!!!!!!

Most years, the DII AAA champ is the best team in the state bar none.  Although I think Riverdale was the best team overall last season, MUS would have been much more competitive than people give them credit for, and on a given night, could have taken the Warriors down.

825743053[/snapback]

going to have to agree with you there. While BA and Riverdale were at their respective peaks in the 1990's, BA won state titles in 1995 and 1996 in 5A. BA beat riverdale in at least one of those years. At that point, the split was effected, and Riverdale hasn't played one of the Super 7 in the post-season since. Who knows how the record would look had Riverdale been playing MBA and BA during those years. There is simply no way to crown "best team" of the split era. Riverdale has clearly been the dominant 5A team since 1997, though, while MBA has been the dominant II-AAA team. MUS seems to be the emerging team in the state. All of this says nothing of Maryville and 4A who could probably make the claim.

The best clinic bowl season kick-off you could imagine, imo, would be a match-up between Riverdale, Maryville, MBA, and MUS in some combination.

going to have to agree with you there.  While BA and Riverdale were at their respective peaks in the 1990's, BA won state titles in 1995 and 1996 in 5A.  BA beat riverdale in at least one of those years.  At that point, the split was effected, and Riverdale hasn't played one of the Super 7 in the post-season since.  Who knows how the record would look had Riverdale been playing MBA and BA during those years.  There is simply no way to crown "best team" of the split era.  Riverdale has clearly been the dominant 5A team since 1997, though, while MBA has been the dominant II-AAA team.  MUS seems to be the emerging team in the state.  All of this says nothing of Maryville and 4A who could probably make the claim. 

The best clinic bowl season kick-off you could imagine, imo, would be a match-up between Riverdale, Maryville, MBA, and MUS in some combination.

825743108[/snapback]

Excellent post. I fully agree.

going to have to agree with you there.  While BA and Riverdale were at their respective peaks in the 1990's, BA won state titles in 1995 and 1996 in 5A.  BA beat riverdale in at least one of those years.  At that point, the split was effected, and Riverdale hasn't played one of the Super 7 in the post-season since.  Who knows how the record would look had Riverdale been playing MBA and BA during those years.  There is simply no way to crown "best team" of the split era.  Riverdale has clearly been the dominant 5A team since 1997, though, while MBA has been the dominant II-AAA team.  MUS seems to be the emerging team in the state.  All of this says nothing of Maryville and 4A who could probably make the claim. 

825743108[/snapback]

I think MUS will probably continue to participate in the Bridges Classic that takes place in week 0 each year in Memphis. That is such a great event, matching up the top privates against some of the top publics. I hope that the Clinic Bowl evolves into something like that, but the publics are going to have to get over it and step up to play. I believe a lot of people would go to see a triple header matching BA, MBA, JPII etc. taking on Riverdale, Franklin, Hillsboro etc.

I know I would!

TDCman, That is true. In the 21st century (including 1st 3 games of 2005) Riverdale is:

71-7

22-3 in the playoffs

5 straight BCB appearances

5 region titles

only 4 regular season losses

3 state runners-up

3 Mr. Football winners

3 Mr. Football finalists

2 state titles

0 region losses

outscored their opponents 2,747-633.....difference of 2,144

Edited by bhsOL