Is Riverdale really that good?

Eagles09

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a year when many perennial powers seem to be fading from prominence, Riverdale is maintaining its chokehold on Tennessee football. The Warriors won't lose this year. I would love to see them test their winning streak against a DII team. I think Riverdale would win, but it would be great to finally be able to empirically compare them against someone outside the public school ranks.

At least they stepped up and challenged (and whipped) Kilbourne. They deserve props for straying from their typically tame non-region regimen.

Edited by WesVols

A lot at Riverdale as well.  One difference I see is that we send very few players on to D1 ball.  The coaching staff is very good and extremely well organized.  Seems like every position has its own coach.  Although the big name blue chipper is rare, one thing the Warriors always have in abundance is SPEED. 

Funny how tradition can feed on itself.  I wonder why you never hear anything about NORTH Panola football?  (Actually they used to have some pretty good basketball teams - a couple of them were on my college team).

825749025[/snapback]

i don't know what the deal with north panola is, to be honest. it is a smaller school, but after all south panola isn't that big. it's in a small town.

willis wright (defensive coach) is arguably the best coach ever in ms h.s. football history. he came out of retirement to coach at sp again. coach woods, our head coach, has led various teams to state championships. in fact, there are a couple ex-nfl players coaching at south panola. we too have a large coaching staff. they are taskmasters to be sure. the players work out all year long.

south panola is full of speed also. derek pegues graduated last year, he ran a legitimate 4.4 40. at the notre dame nike camp they nicknamed him smokehouse. at this year's army all-american game he played cb (at sp he played qb and cb). derek shut down completely the nation's number one receiver. at last year's 5a championship game derek set a state record, 5 rushing tds. the scary thing is that this year's qb is faster than derek was last year....it's gonna be fun to watch.

it would be awesome to see a match up between these two powerhouses.

i don't know what the deal with north panola is, to be honest.  it is a smaller school, but after all south panola isn't that big.  it's in a small town. 

willis wright (defensive coach) is arguably the best coach ever in ms h.s. football history.  he came out of retirement to coach at sp again.  coach woods, our head coach, has led various teams to state championships.  in fact, there are a couple ex-nfl players coaching at south panola.  we too have a large coaching staff.  they are taskmasters to be sure.  the players work out all year long. 

south panola is full of speed also.  derek pegues graduated last year, he ran a legitimate 4.4 40.  at the notre dame nike camp they nicknamed him smokehouse.  at this year's army all-american game he played cb (at sp he played qb and cb).  derek shut down completely the nation's number one receiver.  at last year's 5a championship game derek set a state record, 5 rushing tds.  the scary thing is that this year's qb is faster than derek was last year....it's gonna be fun to watch.

825749063[/snapback]

he didnt shut down the nations number 1 receiver.. that was patrick turner and he went from the nations 5th best wr to number 1 b/c of the mere fact that no one could stop him at the army all-american game..

i don't know what the deal with north panola is, to be honest.  it is a smaller school, but after all south panola isn't that big.  it's in a small town. 

willis wright (defensive coach) is arguably the best coach ever in ms h.s. football history.  he came out of retirement to coach at sp again.  coach woods, our head coach, has led various teams to state championships.  in fact, there are a couple ex-nfl players coaching at south panola.  we too have a large coaching staff.  they are taskmasters to be sure.  the players work out all year long. 

south panola is full of speed also.  derek pegues graduated last year, he ran a legitimate 4.4 40.  at the notre dame nike camp they nicknamed him smokehouse.  at this year's army all-american game he played cb (at sp he played qb and cb).  derek shut down completely the nation's number one receiver.  at last year's 5a championship game derek set a state record, 5 rushing tds.  the scary thing is that this year's qb is faster than derek was last year....it's gonna be fun to watch.

825749063[/snapback]

Where else has Willis Wright coached? I seem to remember maybe Saltillo? I know he has won at 3-4 different places. My dad coached against him at Shannon and regards him very highly.

yeah i heard Patrick Turner was AWESOME in the game.. i have not got to see him play yet but i know i will soon.. he is on ESPN's freshman watch list.. and the best thing is that he went to my favorite college team USC.. seeing as how i am from southern cal i am not a band wagon jumper like many of ya'll would think.. Reggie Bush is the man..

as for riverdale being good.. yes, their good.. their defense is better than last year and will show when they play good teams..

uh yeah pretty much....when no teams from TN have scored a TD on you that tells you something

825749055[/snapback]

Just hold on one minute harris. I realize that Siegel, Lincoln County, and Blackman did not score a touchdown, but they haven't played Smyrna yet. Come to think of it they haven't played the boys from Lavergne. They (Lavergne) are going to open a can!

Just hold on one minute harris.  I realize that Siegel, Lincoln County, and Blackman did not score a touchdown, but they haven't played Smyrna yet.  Come to think of  it they haven't played the boys from Lavergne.  They (Lavergne) are going to open a can!

825749139[/snapback]

One of the most obsurd things I have heard. If you consider opening a can of a FG or maybe a TD a good then that may happen. But Riverdale's 2nd team could win that region.