Whitwell at Grace

drinks3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, much more enjoyable beating up on weak 1A schools than being beaten up by the Baylors, Gordon Lees, et. al.  With the Boyd schedule this year, I'd be longing for the old 1A days too.

825752514[/snapback]

Actually we are quite enjoying the challenge. Of course it is much tougher, and of course we will have to adjust to do well, but that is what makes it so much fun. And that is why we are where we are, our kids don't look at the other teams and think "wow, they are 4a or 5a or Super 7", they think "ok, how do we beat these other kids".

Admittedly it would have been a bit easier from a coaching standpoint if Hathaway had stayed healthy, but hey, that's life. So, we aren't "longing for the old 1a days". We are happy to be in 2a and will continue to strive for excellence.

But this thread is about Whitwell and Grace. Good luck to both teams...as it will probably be wet tonight I think whoever hangs on to the ball wins, and I have no prediction as to who that will be.

They should have them by next season from what I hear.  The game is Saturday at 5:00.

825752647[/snapback]

Thanks for the info Football time. But that leads me to another question. If Grace wins against Whitwell that puts them in a position to take 2nd (if everything goes right the rest of the year) or even play for 1st in the region. If this happens they won't be able to host a playoff game. I know that is getting way ahead but does anyone know what plans they will have IF they come in 1st or 2nd? Play at another school in Chattanooga that won't be in the playoffs? Travel to the lower seed's home stadium?

Thanks for the info Football time.  But that leads me to another question.  If Grace wins against Whitwell that puts them in a position to take 2nd (if everything goes right the rest of the year) or even play for 1st in the region.  If this happens they won't be able to host a playoff game.  I know that is getting way ahead but does anyone know what plans they will have IF they come in 1st or 2nd?  Play at another school in Chattanooga that won't be in the playoffs?  Travel to the lower seed's home stadium?

825752680[/snapback]

It is getting way ahead, but I would guess they would use another schools field. But Grace has to beat several established teams to even be able to worry about that.

Actually we are quite enjoying the challenge.  Of course it is much tougher, and of course we will have to adjust to do well, but that is what makes it so much fun.  And that is why we are where we are, our kids don't look at the other teams and think "wow, they are 4a or 5a or Super 7", they think "ok, how do we beat these other kids".

Admittedly it would have been a bit easier from a coaching standpoint if Hathaway had stayed healthy, but hey, that's life.  So, we aren't "longing for the old 1a days".  We are happy to be in 2a and will continue to strive for excellence.

But this thread is about Whitwell and Grace.  Good luck to both teams...as it will probably be wet tonight I think whoever hangs on to the ball wins, and I have no prediction as to who that will be.

825752582[/snapback]

Sorry Baldcoach, didn't intend to disrespect your team. My post was in response to BoydBuchBacker, who clearly stated, "I wish we were still in this region. I miss beating up on these pansy teams." I'm sure that kind of arrogance isn't representative of the Boyd Buchanon team.

(i'm not sure if this topic has already been brought up, but i looked and didnt see it)

from what i hear, a lot of people are picking this game pretty evenly. to be honest i figured it wouldnt even be close. is grace just better than i think or is whitwell worse? what do y'all think this one will be like? scores?

i figured Whitwell 35, Grace 6