Alcoa vs. McCallie

alcoasportsguy22

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no idea what the Super 7+1 is all about.  Every game in the league is the biggest game of the year.  Just b/c McCallie and Baylor have a cross town rivalry  doesn't mean it's the biggest of the year.  Now, maybe to Baylor it is the biggest b/c they haven't won in 7 years.  But, to McCallie i'ts someone standing in the way.

825755272[/snapback]

shannon, you are definitely wrong. It is one of the biggest rivalries. It is more imnportant then anyother regular season game. Every game isnt the biggest game of the year. the mccallie father ryan game is no where close to as important as the mccallie baylor game

shannon, you are definitely wrong. It is one of the biggest rivalries. It is more imnportant then anyother regular season game. Every game isnt the biggest game of the year. the mccallie father ryan game is no where close to as important as the mccallie baylor game

825755356[/snapback]

?Shannon, your logic would be the same as saying Father Ryan vs Huntingdon would be the same as FR vs MBA for their programs and fans. Maybe your too young to understand . "You have no idea what the Super 7+1 is all about. Every game in the league is the biggest game of the year."

I've been around Father Ryan football since the late 60's. There is only one game they talk about years later and thats MBA. The same goes for Baylor and McCallie.

The alumni of McCallie would like their team to win every game but if they had to choose between Alcoa and Baylor, IMO it's Baylor every time.

Edited by rigger101

You have no idea what the Super 7+1 is all about.  Every game in the league is the biggest game of the year.  Just b/c McCallie and Baylor have a cross town rivalry  doesn't mean it's the biggest of the year.  Now, maybe to Baylor it is the biggest b/c they haven't won in 7 years.  But, to McCallie i'ts someone standing in the way.

825755272[/snapback]

McCALLIE - BAYLOR TO COLLIDE OCT. 21 AT FINLEY,

PITTING TWO OF THE AREA’S TOP PREP TEAMS

Two of the Chattanooga area’s top high school teams will face each other Saturday, October. 21 at Finley Stadium in Downtown Chattanooga.

The game, which is recognized as one of the top football traditions for Chattanooga, will be even better this year, with the teams both ranked among the top in the state, and with a venue change to accommodate more spectators.

The Blue Tornado of McCallie will go into the game with a 7-1 record, and the Red Raiders of Baylor have a 5-2 record. The one loss for McCallie came at the hands of Division II leader Montgomery Bell Academy, 24-21. Baylor has lost to MBA and Academy.

McCallie School Headmaster Dr. Kirk Walker Jr., said the game this year should be especially attractive to the general public, since it is being played at Finley Stadium. "We wanted to play at Finley for several reasons," Dr. Walker said. "First, it is a great facility and a great addition to Chattanooga. We want to support it. In addition, the stadium will accommodate many more spectators than either McCallie’s or Baylor’s will accommodate, and with the great seasons both teams are having, we expect a record turnout. We also want to send a clear signal that this is a great football game for the entire city, not just McCallie and Baylor supporters."

This is the 62nd meeting between the two college preparatory schools. Baylor leads the series 36-23-3. McCallie has won the last two meetings.

Oct. 17, 2000

This should be a very interesting game.

McCallie has proven they can score putting up 30 on B.A., while giving up 27 to Powell and 23 to Brentwood.

Can the Alcoa D stop a balanced disciplined attack from McCallie?

Can McCallie stop Alcoa's big plays and make them drive the ball the length of the field?

I definately believe an old adage applies to this game. Whoever wins the battle upfront, wins the game.

I've never seen McCallie play, but I've heard about them for years. I'm just glad that this one is not being played at home for Alcoa or I'd have to choose between it and the WB/MHS game.

Like I said, I don't know what McCallie has, but I'm not picking anyone against Alcoa now that they have the Maryville loss behind them. Go tornados and bring a W back to Blount County.