Alcoa vs. McCallie

alcoasportsguy22

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very evenly balanced teams, neither team will overlook the other, seems like mccallie might be more disciplined because they have to be considering they don't always have the biggest kids and they win on discipline and alcoa probably has more talent. i think at this point it is to close to call all a matter of who shows up and which defense plays hardest for 4 quarters. both teams will score in the 20's and my hope rather than prediction is mccallie 28 alcoa 21 or 24. very close. hope alcoa brings alot of people to make it feel like a football game, and not like the brentwood game where mccallie was louder than brentwood and the game was at brentwood

Alcoa will get mauled by McCallie.

They haven't played anyone of McCallie's caliber yet.

McCallie by 20.

825757266[/snapback]

So by your analysis Maryville is not of the same caliber as McCallie?

I'm not disputing you, because I've not seen McCallie. I just have a hard time believing that anyone is really that much better than the multiple time state champs who bested in a scrimmage this year a 5A team that is expected to give most people's number 1 pick nationally ranked Riverdale a good run.....

Alcoa will get mauled by McCallie.

They haven't played anyone of McCallie's caliber yet.

McCallie by 20.

825757266[/snapback]

You have no clue what you are talking about. Alcoa played Maryville. Maryville beat Powell 47-19. Powell beat McCallie 27-24. So actually Alcoa has played a team of a much higher caliber than McCallie.

Edited by krakatoa

You have to be crazy to think that Alcoa isnt disciplined.

825757370[/snapback]

I graduated from Alcoa, and i must say they are lacking discipline from the past. Have not seen McCallie so i do not know how good they are, but the whole Maryville beats Powell, Powell beats McCalie, Alcoa must beat McCalie, is not correct, teams can have bad games, and while it is some indication, it is not a definite. I do believe Alcoa will win, not a blowout, probably 10 points or so. But Alcoa needs to get their act together and score touchdowns with class. Their actions remind me of a Semi Final game in 2001 against Goodpasture, their attitude and personal fouls turned costly in a close game. Personal fouls and excessive celebration could cost Alcoa against McCallie, or any other good team. Nothing looks as dumb as pointless bragging and celebration. A sack and some celebrating is okay, and there are limits, by no means do i mean no fun. Chest bump, do all you want, just don't superman dive into the endzone. All that said, if Alcoa plays their best game, they will win, pointless fouls and it will be a long night. Go Alcoa. Oh, and i would consider Maryville a high caliber team, so please don't say we haven't played any, McCalie couldn't hang with Maryville. I believe Alcoa toughs this one out, and gets on to the playoff warmup rounds, after McCalie, i see no real threat, but anything could happen, if Alcoa gets ahead of themselves.

Alcoa 27

McCalie 17

You have no clue what you are talking about.  Alcoa played MaryvilleMaryville beat Powell 47-19.  Powell beat McCallie 27-24.  So actually Alcoa has played a team of a much higher caliber than McCallie.

825757292[/snapback]

OK the preps get Beat by an average 4A team! They have put two 2A teams on their schedule. I think you have it in reverse. McCallie has choose to play smaller schools not Alcoa.

Alcoa played the 3 X defending 4A State Champs and have steped up to play one of the Super 7+1 :lol:

Also they played and killed the 2X Defending 3A State Champs and by my count will play 8 Schools that were in the playoffs last year.

And don't even try to use that same calibration. Almost every team in the Dll system gets to go to the playoffs. It's not that way in the real world of football.

If McCallie was playing Riverdale, Maryville and an Oak Ridge than you could talk smack but your boys choose to play small Public schools instead. :P:lol:

You do know Alcoa is only 2A? In the old days before the split, McCallie played against all the 5A teams. Times have changed McCallie is sepping back instead of stepping up.

Get'em Alcoa!

tornadologo.gif

Edited by rigger101