Alcoa vs. McCallie

alcoasportsguy22

Congratulations MLREB, another Alcoa thread you have stumbled across, and reminded everyone of how great Maryville is. Maybe next year Alcoa can play Riverdale or something, and then you can tell them as well.

I must be speaking the truth since you offered no rebuttal. Just a little pay back Tom for all, and I'm talking about 8 months worth, of that Alcoa smack. You were in the middle of it so you understand completely. D-1 this and D-1 that............sheesh it got tiresome listening to all that doom and gloom smoke that you and yours was blowing. To top it off that little pre-game show that was put on by your players made the thumping even more satisfying.

Just so you know I think highly of your coach and wouldn't want his position with a team full of Prima Donnas to manage. He has done a heck of a job and your win over McCallie was impressive.

Good luck the rest of the year.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're at that juncture of the year where all Alcoa talk can be lumoed all together in one continous thread. Lets call it "How many points ____ WON'T score on Alcoa."

Someone shoud just start a thread named "Alcoa: the rest of the year". That way, we can find all the talk of how Alcoa is gonna pound their last 5 foes into the ground and then later evidence of them doing so.

Then, someone can start a thread entitled "Alcoa and the teams that got in their way on the way to the Murf", for the post season. Really, is there any reason to prognosticate over the Tornadoes for the next 5 to 7 weeks? :(

beat all of them know, but you all keep undermining alcoa and underestimating them just b/c they are a 2a school.

ask mccallie (private school) how good they are. ask brentwood academy (private school) how good they were in '89.

you all can talk all you want and so will i. bottom line, alcoa is one of the best teams in the state and would be most other teams regardless of division.

just b/c you have more players doesn't mean you'll win. and i don't care what anyone says, if warren plays the murvul game is completely different (i.e. alcoa wins).

one other thing, i know they were just scrimmages (you really can't tell that much from them) but alcoa did outplay central and oak ridge.

uhh yeah there is. Maryville has never had the best offensive attack ever. Good and solid, but not the best.

Guarantee you this. The team that contains murvilles running game, beats them. why????? b/c traditionally they don't have the athletes to win simply based on talent.

That may be the most ignorant post ever. I guess Cade Thompson and Carl Stewart got MR. Football in 4A because they weren't good athletes.

beat all of them know, but you all keep undermining alcoa and underestimating them just b/c they are a 2a school.

ask mccallie (private school) how good they are. ask brentwood academy (private school) how good they were in '89.

you all can talk all you want and so will i. bottom line, alcoa is one of the best teams in the state and would be most other teams regardless of division.

just b/c you have more players doesn't mean you'll win. and i don't care what anyone says, if warren plays the murvul game is completely different (i.e. alcoa wins).

one other thing, i know they were just scrimmages (you really can't tell that much from them) but alcoa did outplay central and oak ridge.

Man, I agree with RebRon, what a bunch of ignorance! If warren had played vs Maryville it would have exposed the fact that he is overrated as well! Sure Alcoa get's big press but everyone knows what happended when alcoa's D1 all everything team ran into a no talent team like Maryville! Ya hate it don't ya?

revjj1. just remember one thing. it is your birthright as an alcoa fan to be owned by maryville. remember this also. dustin lindsey and brandon warren will always be 0-4 vs maryville. dustin lindsey and brandon warren may run wild vs the teams like oliver springs,wartburg,harriman and cak but against maryville they get stopped. maryville is a machine. a dynasty. a beast.

That may be the most ignorant post ever. I guess Cade Thompson and Carl Stewart got MR. Football in 4A because they weren't good athletes.

good, yes they were. the best ever???????????????? not a snowball's chance in you know where.

maybe for maryville they were the best but how about a-e with leroy thompson????

alcoa had billy williams (ut and arizona cardinals), shannon mitchell (georgia and san diego chargers), jamie henry (mississippi state) and a few others who played college ball.

by the way that team in '89 15-0, beat murvul 24-0 and was ranked by the usa today 18th in the nation. were they not 2A???? but they are not supposed to be in the same "league" as murvul. na, other way around.

how bout webb with chad pennington??????

and i would take dustin lindsey and brandon warren over those other 2 anyday (so would fulmer and bowden).

disagree if you wish, but murvul is not the perfect football program you think. until you all have a team that is rank inside the top 20 nationally, don't talk about how you are the "greatest ever."

before you assume my "ignorance" you may wish to find out who i am.

riverdale beats you

oak ridge beats you

central may beat you

again, it's amazing how murvul begins to win championships only after they go to 5 classifications.

i know, you won some before but there was like a 20 year drought or so. did you ever win a championship at the 3A level when there was only 3 classifications???? nope, zero, notta, zilch.

enough of the best ever trash.

red sox nation

good luck

revjj1. just remember one thing. it is your birthright as an alcoa fan to be owned by maryville. remember this also. dustin lindsey and brandon warren will always be 0-4 vs maryville. dustin lindsey and brandon warren may run wild vs the teams like oliver springs,wartburg,harriman and cak but against maryville they get stopped. maryville is a machine. a dynasty. a beast.

warren was not stopped by murvul b/c he didn't play. guarantee you, they nor anyone else has a defender that can guard him.

Man, I agree with RebRon, what a bunch of ignorance! If warren had played vs Maryville it would have exposed the fact that he is overrated as well! Sure Alcoa get's big press but everyone knows what happended when alcoa's D1 all everything team ran into a no talent team like Maryville! Ya hate it don't ya?

tell bowden with your "knowledge" that he's over rated. or why don't you tell him to his face.

I think it's pathetic that the SAME Maryville fans hijack every thread with "Alcoa" in the title. I can't click on any meaningful threads anymore because the same idiots ruin every thread. I use this message board to try to keep up with Alcoa's season, and after 2 pages it always turns into "Hey look over here @ Maryville -- we're jealous of Alcoa getting any press!" It's the SAME people over and over and over again. I'm just sick of it, so instead of complaining anymore I am just not going to visit this site anymore. Im just disappointed that the site admins don't ever do anything about this problem. Locking threads is only a temporary solution.

By the way, there are a lot of really cool Maryville fans. I'm only talking about the same few people who insist on trying turn every thread about Alcoa vs. "somebody" into a Maryville is GOD over Alcoa thread.

Shame on the Alcoa fans involved as well, because they are just as much of a problem.

Edited by p9morbid

I think it's pathetic that the SAME Maryville fans hijack every thread with "Alcoa" in the title. I can't click on any meaningful threads anymore because the same idiots ruin every thread. I use this message board to try to keep up with Alcoa's season, and after 2 pages it always turns into "Hey look over here @ Maryville -- we're jealous of Alcoa getting any press!" It's the SAME people over and over and over again. I'm just sick of it, so instead of complaining anymore I am just not going to visit this site anymore. Im just disappointed that the site admins don't ever do anything about this problem. Locking threads is only a temporary solution.

By the way, there are a lot of really cool Maryville fans. I'm only talking about the same few people who insist on trying turn every thread about Alcoa vs. "somebody" into a Maryville is GOD over Alcoa thread.

Shame on the Alcoa fans involved as well, because they are just as much of a problem.

Go back and look at every Alcoa thread morbid ... Maryville fans don't usually " hijack " anything until someone from alcoa brings Maryville into it first .... not every time , but probably 90% . i don't ever post on an alcoa thread except to wish them luck or congratulate them ... until Maryville gets slammed .

Go back and look at every Alcoa thread morbid ... Maryville fans don't usually " hijack " anything until someone from alcoa brings Maryville into it first .... not every time , but probably 90% . i don't ever post on an alcoa thread except to wish them luck or congratulate them ... until Maryville gets slammed .

Same here! I also keep up with Alcoa, as they are a county team, but when something stupid is said, it is hard to let go.

Don't want Maryville fans to post on Alcoa threads, don't trash Maryville and act like Alcoa is some kind of world beating force, because we know it not to be true.