Who can take down Alcoa in 2A?

str8stylin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to bet you on that....i hope the championship game is Huntingdon and Alcoa........then you people would really get to see a great pair in the backfield ;)

I'd lke to see that matchup too. You'd get to see what one of the best players in the nation looks like, right on the field in front of you.

WesCharge, why did Huntingdon get 50 put up on them if they are capable of "whopping Alcoa's butt"?

Gapfan06, I'm sorry but if Cumberland Gap meets Alcoa then they'll probably be in for a rude awakening. They haven't seen, nor will they see a team as athletic and big as Alcoa. I know they're a passing team, for the most part, but Alcoa's already shut down one passing team with a good QB (CAK's Richard Harb was 10-35 for 100 yds. and 3 INT's against Alcoa). Alcoa would probably hande them fairly easily.

I'd lke to see that matchup too. You'd get to see what one of the best players in the nation looks like, right on the field in front of you.

WesCharge, why did Huntingdon get 50 put up on them if they are capable of "whopping Alcoa's butt"?

Gapfan06, I'm sorry but if Cumberland Gap meets Alcoa then they'll probably be in for a rude awakening. They haven't seen, nor will they see a team as athletic and big as Alcoa. I know they're a passing team, for the most part, but Alcoa's already shut down one passing team with a good QB (CAK's Richard Harb was 10-35 for 100 yds. and 3 INT's against Alcoa). Alcoa would probably hande them fairly easily.

Tom142.....Let's not forget that Huntingdon put up 41 on Alcoa.

Alcoa's last two scores came in the last 5:50 of the game.

the returned kick put them up by three with about 4 minutes left in the game. So Alcoa didnt have an easy time of it.

GO STANGS!!

Tom142.....Let's not forget that Huntingdon put up 41 on Alcoa.

Alcoa's last two scores came in the last 5:50 of the game.

the returned kick put them up by three with about 4 minutes left in the game. So Alcoa didnt have an easy time of it.

GO STANGS!!

It is hard to give up 52 in a state championship game. Huntingdon must not have had any defense that day!

True Milan held Huntingdon to 13 points......... but THEY only scored 10 ....... so what does that say about Huntingdon's defense?

How do you think they would ever hang with Alcoa? Its' easy to read posts on CoachT about who's good and who's the best in the state until you play a team like Alcoa. Alcoa is Good, Very Good.......... But I guarantee you they respect Huntingdon because of last years game. If there is one team that Alcoa would not take lightly playing a championship game...it would be Huntingdon. I dont think Milan or other teams from the west besides Huntingdon that Alcoa would respect, because they havent experienced play on the field with them. and that would only lead to a beat down.

GO STANGS!!

Edited by Reignydayz

All this talk about how Aloca looked last year and how they lost no one off the team doesn't mean anything. Ask Lipscomb's 2003 team about that, they came into the championship game the reigning champs. Their defense had been dominant all season, then got to the championship game and was destroyed by Huntingdon. No one gave Huntingdon much of a chance in that game and you saw how that ended up. Kind of reminds me of this year with all this talk about Alcoa. So it shows you no team is unbeatable, Alcoa has more talent in 2A but that doesn't mean they can't be beat, and come December in the boro, I think some of you will be surprised.

There was a big difference in the DL-Huntingdon game and the Alcoa-Huntingdon game..Team Speed.DL looked liked they running in quicksand..DL didn't have ONE player that could have outran T.Bell and the Mustangs(Huntingdon) exploited that...Alcoa countered the Huntingdon speed with speed like Huntingdon had not seen last year..Last year WILL matter in this years' title game especially if Huntingdon and Alcoa do make the game and play the rematch...Alcoa or Huntingdon couldn't stop each other last year and it was a very entertaining game.I said earlier that Alcoa was probably the best team in 1,2 & 3A and they are...They would also be in the Top 5 in 4A....There is also another advantage Alcoa has over Huntingdon...COACHING...Look at the adjustments Alcoa made at halftime in the state championship game....