Oak Ridge vs. Jefferson Co.

boyfromsi

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jefferson County has a snow ball's chance in you know where against the Wildcats. The youth of the Pats will disable them to compete on either side of the ball. However, playing a football team with as much prestige as Oak Ridge, this game will be a good learning experience for this inexperienced bunch. Good luck, Pats. Please don't let this one get ugly too soon

Edited by passandcatch

If your defense can't stop our offense that's too bad. You can't expect a team to just stop playing their game plan. Granted younger players can be put in the game but if you can't stop them it's just going to be a long nite. And I'm not just talking about the Jeff Co. game but all of our games.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

ALL THE WAY TO THE BORO

Final OR 44-20. Wait until the penalty stats come out!!!! Officials wouldn't let OR offense do anything. Lots of big plays called back. Over and over and over. It is possible that OR was guilty, but JC had 2 penalties for 10 yards until they had 5 or 6 penalties (and 2 TDs) in the last 5 minutes. I just cannot believe JC played so clean and OR was so guilty.

Did the JC reciever catch the ball on the last play of the game?

The worst one-sided officiating I've ever seen.

By far and away the worst one sided officals I have ever seen. If I was part of that crew I would have run off the feild under armed guard too. The people up there should be ashamed to even associate themselves with that game. Like the guy said they only called anything on the pats at the end of the game because the game was already over by a long shot. And then what does the coaching staff do throw a long pass that may or may not have been caught at the very end of the game. I was surprised they werent calling time outs at the end. I guess the pats staff and refs were trying to make other people think they made it a game. Anyone there knows better though. That was the most low class staff and ref crew I recall seeing in a few years. I am not talking about the players they played a clean game and I didnt really see any cheap shots so dont take my comments out on them. Pat players

The OR QB gave them one td early. The pnom tailback coughed up another present that they just could not capitalize on.

On the Oak Ridge side The int's and fumbles are gonna cost us a game aganist a quality team. The Qb is young so hopefully he will improve and by the way has been improving. The tailback in recent years has been flawless but after major problems in 3 of five games holding on to the ball I have to think at some point you have to at least try playing someone that can be dependable holding on to the ball. Oak Ridge is deep at the running back position. Speaking of running back I am glad to see Blair running the ball I hate it took an injury for him to get the position he should have had all along. And I hope his number gets called a lot more.

I hope I havent offended anyone on the Oak Ridge side but I cant remember ever being so upset over a game we won. The biggest concern is the meat of the schedule is coming up and the little mistakes will be ampflied aganist tougher opponets. These Kids deserve a championship and the coaching staff and players are in place to make it happen. I hope politics and school records stay out of the way So the whole team gets their hands on that trophy.

I agree with you on a couple of things , the officials at this game were poor. I also believe that these mistakes could cost them when they play the better teams on the backside of this schedule. I do take exception with you on the sarcastic pnom remark. That kid gives his all on every play. Its true that Oak Ridge is deep at runningback but he is far and away the best of the group. He has been dependable for three plus years and I would give the ball to him 30 times a game despite his recent drops. Spencer has proven over the years that when Oak Ridge needs a big play. He will make it. I agree with your remark about Leonard though. He is a beast. I'm just glad we're coming home this Friday.

I was sincere in the pnom remark. You shouldnt be so defensive. The kid is as tough as they come and has contributed his body and soul to the cats for three years and has been a large part of this team not only offensive but on Defensive as well. I dont care if your Emmit Smith or Walter Payton a problem is a problem. Maybe there is something I dont know but One thing I do know is If he is hurt or something is suddenly causing him to put the ball on the ground its like any other reoccuring problem it has to be addressed. Thats all no more no less