Oak Ridge vs. Jefferson Co.

boyfromsi

I have been keeping up with the Cats the last 35 years. The "pnom" as you call him just shows how off base you are. I assume you are talking about Gulmire. Well if Oak Ridge fans can't appreciate him because a few fumbles, there are several hundred schools that will be interested in a trade. Wildman, didn't you guys win? the kid has had a few fumbles, thats life. He will be "the reason" you all go to state if you beat Riverdale. The other tailback is good, but Gulmire is on another level with Pope and Summers.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was almost a first for me, after a comment I made to one official. Thought he was gonna toss me when I said "Hey, just leave your flag laying on the field ... you know you are going to throw it again." On the next play, he threw the flag and I grinned at him. He didn't grin back.

As for Spencer Gulmire, this kid is a warrior. He tries so hard on every play and why haven't you talked about his defense last night? He was incredible, with a couple of sacks, several tackles and played great. Fumbles or no fumbles, he is a player and has as much heart as any kid I have seen play.

I do want to say I was proud of the Jefferson County players. I know things haven't been great in Patriot land but I think they played with a lot of determination and pride last night, never giving up. The community should do whatever it takes to get things turned around up there.

Everyone is right about the sloppy play by the Wildcats. Winning by that much and playing that poorly, is kind of scary to me. I don't know how they are going to react when they get in a tight game, which is right around the corner. It's going to be intersting, I still have them pencilled in as the best team in the region, but the last four weeks are going to be intriguing.

Hey Wildman,

What did you want the coaching staff to do. Just give up and quit trying to score just so your Wildcats can keep their scoring defense down? That would have said a lot about the JCHS team. We may not be able to beat up on everyone we play, but we don't just quit.

It wasn't quite the extreme where OR coach said he was going to run up the score because of something that happened three lifetimes ago.

Thanks for the compliments Tank. Good luck to your Wildcats the rest of the season. You do good work.

I agree with you DZ, You can't have it both ways. Against Clinton we kept running our offense and we ran up a few points on the Dragons. Jeff Co. kept running their offense and put some points on the board. Its our job to stop them. This was a young team we played last night and they don't want to just roll over and play dead.

Edited by DCCATVOICE

that was the worst group of officials that i ahve ever seen in my entire life.if it wasnt for those crappy officials then OR would've put 60+points on the Jeff County and u Jeff County players, fans, coaches, and officals know it.

Plus the guy didnt even make the catch in the endzone at the end of the game but the refs gave JC a touchdown just to make it a closer game.The cats did play sloppy but if they play sloppy and still win big then that makes them a very tough team to beat against anyone they play.

Edited by OR632003

that was the worst group of officials that i ahve ever seen in my entire life.if it wasnt for those crappy officials then OR would've put 60+points on the Jeff County and u Jeff County players, fans, coaches, and officals know it.

Plus the guy didnt even make the catch in the endzone at the end of the game but the refs gave JC a touchdown just to make it a closer game.The cats did play sloppy but if they play sloppy and still win big then that makes them a very tough team to beat against anyone they play.

amen Ooltewah has avg. 9.76 yards per infraction in 16 games and oh about 1200 yards vs 750 something has give on this home cooking crap.

I think that OR is just mad because they couldn't run the score up on JC like they wanted to...oh well, the refs weren't the ones to blame for the constant flags...OR has a ton of talent, but their technique/discipline was awful at times last night...that's the reason for the yellow flag fest against the Wildcats last night

You don`t KNOW that he didn`t make the catch. Maybe from a helicoptor view, or with instant replay you MIGHT be able to say that wasn`t a catch. It was very hard to see no matter where you were, judgement call from the official. You OR fans are way too caught up with stats, and apparently how many points you put up on teams instead of winning. You guys seem much too concerned with how outside fans view you. Since when was it not just about winning?

Just watched the re-play of last nights game, it appears that the ball did come in contact with the ground, but the ref was at a bad angle, it was a close call, but after seeing the replay it was a tough call, at his angle it looked like a good catch.

As for the rest of the game, what does stand out, is the fact that JC could have been called for at least 3 flat out holding calls, but were'nt, when you have the visiting team with that amount of calls going against them, and the home team has only 5 penalties, it does seem a bit odd, I'm sure after the coaches see the game film, they'll know for sure.

You don`t KNOW that he didn`t make the catch. Maybe from a helicoptor view, or with instant replay you MIGHT be able to say that wasn`t a catch. It was very hard to see no matter where you were, judgement call from the official. You OR fans are way too caught up with stats, and apparently how many points you put up on teams instead of winning. You guys seem much too concerned with how outside fans view you. Since when was it not just about winning?

last time i checked we did win the game, second i dont care how u outside fans view us, fact is JC4life your teams officials had it in for us ever since the beginning of the game. i personally find it odd that OR had 20 penalties when they actually should have 5 while JC only had 5 for the entire game. U are probably too blind to see where US wildcat fans, players, and coaches are coming from unless u go a JC road game and get 20 penalties and the home teams get like 4 or 5 penalities.Also we didnt play that well and still put up 40+points in our VICTORY against u guys so that says alot about how good this year's OR team is swhile is says alot about how far the once almight Jeff County team has fallen

Edited by OR632003

last time i checked we did win the game, second i dont care how u outside fans view us, fact is JC4life your teams officials had it in for us ever since the beginning of the game. i personally find it odd that OR had 20 penalties when they actually should have 5 while JC only had 5 for the entire game. U are probably too blind to see where US wildcat fans, players, and coaches are coming from unless u go a JC road game and get 20 penalties and the home teams get like 4 or 5 penalities.Also we didnt play that well and still put up 40+points in our VICTORY against u guys so that says alot about how good this year's OR team is swhile is says alot about how far the once almight Jeff County team has fallen

LOL!

Thats hilarious, first you post that you don`t care how outside fans view you, then go on to post about stats and how much your team should have scored. If someone that didn`t know the final score came to this thread right after the game they would have thought OR lost. Geez you won and didn`t score 80pts, its ok. Don`t worry no one thinks less of OR because they didn`t score 80pt on Jeff County, or 60 on DB, since that's all you seem to care about.