McMinn County vs Oak Ridge

flamethrower99

I wouldn't put STOCK in Bill Frist right now. Just kidding. I do want to point out that the visitor dressing room area is very small but go check the home side too. The grass is a touchy subject with us up here too but that said, it is cut uniformly and hopefully by Friday there won't be any holes. Who knows though we haven't been home in almost a month.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just over to The Ship and the grass is green. What more could you want? Maybe a big win Friday nite?

Come to the tailgate party and meet the Voice of the Wildcats. That ought to bring out a large crowd. Maybe he will bring the Swamp Rat with him. I was told one of Knoxburg's TV stations would be there doing a story on One day in the life of

..... somebody that has something to do with Oak Ridge football.

Now why wouldn't you want to come to the game after all the information I've given you?

With the great tradition and $$$ that OR has why can't they have as good a facility. I understand that the stadium is old but why does'nt the administration do something about the playing surface. Maybe one of the best fields in Region 2 5A is Bradley they have a field that is spotless and is mown very tight the only bad thing about that field is that it appears you are going up hill from the end zone that is close to the road. Oh well enough about things that do not effect this football game and back to the OR -vs- McMinn topic. Good luck Tribe....

With the great tradition and $$$ that OR has why can't they have as good a facility. I understand that the stadium is old but why does'nt the administration do something about the playing surface. Maybe one of the best fields in Region 2 5A is Bradley they have a field that is spotless and is mown very tight the only bad thing about that field is that it appears you are going up hill from the end zone that is close to the road. Oh well enough about things that do not effect this football game and back to the OR -vs- McMinn topic. Good luck Tribe....

like i said before OR wins BIG, so what if our homefield aint as pretty as McMinn countys' is. That field has a lot of tradition as a matter of fact way more than McMinn does.

DEMOCRATS FOR 08 (THEY ACTUALLY HELP THE POOR AND LOWER INCOME PEOPLE UNLIKE THE REPUBLICANS) :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Edited by OR632003

I think you need to attend the game, the school along with the boosters club has made quite a few changes, the lockerrooms could be a bit bigger, but, I think you'll find that at most schools. the visitors bleachers are more numerous than a lot of schools have for the home side, you also have restrooms and a consession stand on the vistors side, unheard of at most schools. As for the field, this is the first time in my 30 years that I can remember OR having problem with the playing surface, a couple of bad decisions led to this, but its being corrected, even the most best kept golfcourses suffer from time to time with there turf, you make OR facilities sound like a dump, I've covered High school football for 30 years, believe me when I say I've seen alot worst. Most visitors that attend games with me always comment on our facilties and how lucky our kids are to have such nice place to play. It also seems to be a cheap shot on your part, because OR is favored to win the gaem, you post negative things about the stadium, I' like to hear from other visiting schools, to see what they have to say about it, you should just stick to the game.

Edited by catback

Who said Oak Ridge had any money? We're just a poor school in a small community of old people.Tradition don't buy much. Tradition and .50 will buy a cup of coffee at the Krystal. By the way was just up to The Ship and saw that the new cover for the field has been delivered. And the new chain link fence has almost been installed.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

ALL THE WAY TO THE BORO

Edited by bounder

Hey Catback don't get your panties in a wad just because I critize your field. Obviously you missed the part about the great tradition that OR has had for many years! There are many schools that have worse fields like DB, I mean here you have another great football powerhouse and part of there football field is a baseball field. Nice stadium and an awesome field house but a below average field. I understand the part about the tradition of Blakenship field and that is even more reason to have it preserved and looking like a million dollars. Good luck tomorrow night and I hope for a good competitive game. GO TRIBE!

Hey Catback don't get your panties in a wad just because I critize your field. Obviously you missed the part about the great tradition that OR has had for many years! There are many schools that have worse fields like DB, I mean here you have another great football powerhouse and part of there football field is a baseball field. Nice stadium and an awesome field house but a below average field. I understand the part about the tradition of Blakenship field and that is even more reason to have it preserved and looking like a million dollars. Good luck tomorrow night and I hope for a good competitive game. GO TRIBE!

I agree with Tribe Fan 100% <_< GOOD LUCK CHEROKEES!

i wanna know why these folks are cutting down the 'ship. last time i checked that place is the best place to playfootball. ok the field has not been the same since the semi finals in 03 when riverdale one, but up til then it was perfect. find me a better place to play then when the train horn goes off, the railroad sign starts flashing, and the boys start down the steps. ive done i t i know. you cant top that for anything in the whole world...

TC#54

My panties are just fine!!!! You missed my point, which is improvements have been made, and more are in the plans. Only a girlie boy would critize an opponents field, knowing there team was about to get thrashed on it, to say you were reaching is an understatement!!