What Team Did You Play For?

Thesportsreporters

Played for Loretto HS 1961-1964. Nose Guard and right guard on offense..played any where from 200 to 220 pounds (big boy in those days). 10-1 my freshemen year and 7-4 senior year. The other were bad 4 or 5 wins a year. Worst thing is we never could be Lawrence County HS.

Big Maryville HS fan now...my kids went to school there with the last graduating in 1999.

Did you know my Paw Paw, Billy Marks or any of his brothers??

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalman i was wondering if u knew my dad Norm Wheeler or my Uncle Mark Wheeler they both went to everett my dad graduated around 75 and my uncle was in the last class to graduate

I do know them both. Mark and I went all the way through school together and were actually pretty good friends. I remember when your dad worked in radio at WGAP as the DJ , " Norman K " :(

I played for Fairview High School for two seasons (2001-2002). Started at Cornerback and Wide Reciever for the 23 games played over those two years. We went 13-10 during those two years. Not very impressive but for Fairview it was a big turn around. We got the biggest win in school history, IMO, my senior year, when we upset Huntingdon (who was # 3 in the state) at their place in the first round of the playoffs. I had the game winning intereception, so that is probably why I remember that game so much. But both seasons our season was ended by the McKenzie Rebels. Both times playing in mud bowls at McKenzie. Oh man the good ole days.

How's it going GB. Haven't talked to you since last season. I miss AA ball but, we are better off in class A right now. Major rebuilding for the Rebels here in McKenzie.

Wow, I remember those games with ya'll like they were yesterday. Good teams ya'll had then. Later.

McKenzie Rebels; 1962-1965 seasons. I was an O tackle/O guard and a D tackle/LB (last two years). I'll tell ya'll I was a big 'un at 6' and 190 lb.. :D I was the smallest one in our starting front my sophmore and junior years.

The best year was the '63 season when we went to a bowl game (McKenzie's first) and finished the season #14 in the state!!!! That was before classes and playoffs.

Too many stories to tell on here but, I played against some great ones-----Don McLeary at Jackson North Side who went on to be an All American running back at Tennessee and Tim Priest at Huntingdon who went on to also be an All American DB at Tennessee just to name a couple.

Had a full ride offered to the U of Miami as a LB in 1966 and went down there for a couple of weeks. Didn't like the atmosphere there and came home (country boy syndrome I guess?). They told me I could start as a freshman for them and after seeing their LB's back then, I believed it!! They were not very good back in those days!!!!

Now, I just bleed red and grey and support the Rebels every week. Still get that "Friday Night Feeling" every Friday during the season and really wish I could strap on the pads just one more time but.................Naaaaaaah, I'll just watch from now on I think!!!! :D:D

Played at Smith County high school 1999-2002. I played FB in a veer offense and Will LB. Made the playoffs everyyear. Most memorable game 02 in round 2 against Portland in the mud. We were down 7-0 at half scored on the ugliest thrown ball ever in wet and muddy game made the score 7-6 we stop them and drive the field and score from about 20 yards out in middle of fourth quarter and then scored on the two point conversion play put us 14-7. They scored with a couple of minutes to go in the game and we block the extra point try. We go on win 14-13 to only lose to Trousdale Co the next week. I start at Austin Peay at the Rover LB spot.

Congrats on the win! You had a good game. Keep it up.