What Team Did You Play For?

Thesportsreporters

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ring a ding a ding...answering "teh bell"...go

TIGERS!!!

I do believe I know you too. Don't I see you on channel 12 from time to time?

I'm a transplanted Tenneesean. I played in Middlesboro, KY class of '67. Our best season was my Junior year (1965 season). We were AA state runners-up.

My son played 4 years at Campbell County from '91-'94, and I remember their best game very well. They beat Powell Valley @ Powell Valley. I believe it was the only win they had during that 4 year stretch.

I now do radio for WLMU covering Cumberland Gap, which ironically is the consolidation of Powell Valley and Forge Ridge.

My son has since moved to Minnesota, and I can't get him back on the Orange side of the Mason Dixon line.

Hey oldsc7, do you know my friend Earl Williams? He plays at Austin Peay as well, and im pretty sure he starts, either at LB or SS. How are ya'll doing this year anyway?

Yeah I know Earl and few more from Baylor.He is having educational problems right now and not playing anymore. He did start at Mike LB for us last year he is good. We are 1-3 right now lost two games by a combined 100-0 but they are the two best teams in our league.

I Played for Springfield High School in Robertson County from 98-01, no championships but we were a good team and played in a tough region 64A region that has been changed around a bit and I played several positions from FB, Slot-back, DE, and LB #44. The game that stays with me the most is my senior year the first round of the playoffs we beat the #4 ranked team in the state, the Columbia Lions on their home field 17-14 they had a guy by the name of Fred Sparkman on that team that now plays for North Carolina and he played LB & TB, we shut him down that night but the game came down to a last second field goal with 10 sec left in the game and they missed it was the biggest upset of that round of the playoffs and we later met White House in the 2nd round and got beat

14-6. I later went on to Tenn State (TSU) on a athletic scholarship and I played Lb their for two years and know I'm at Austin Peay where I still play LB, but I sitting out this year due to academics, I have one season left (I'll be back).

played at riverdale from '99-'02. my freshman number was 81 and i was a te/de. we were midstate champs that year, going 9-0 and beating fayetteville in the lions bowl. i was number 86 my sophomore and junior year and still a te/de, but i saw quite a bit of action and racked up several tackles and sacks my junior year when we went 15-0 and won state. my senior year, i had to change my number to 66 to play on the offensive line due to so many injuries up there, and i started 4 games at guard before moving to tackle and starting for the other 11 games.

greatest game(s): vs. blackman in the playoffs my junior year. coming back from 16-6 at halftime to beat the blaze 27-16 in front of my home crowd. also, vs. blackman in the playoffs my senior year. trailing most of the game, took the lead and sealed the deal with a fifty or so yard touchdown run by derente frazier.

I do believe I know you too. Don't I see you on channel 12 from time to time?

I'm a transplanted Tenneesean. I played in Middlesboro, KY class of '67. Our best season was my Junior year (1965 season). We were AA state runners-up.

My son played 4 years at Campbell County from '91-'94, and I remember their best game very well. They beat Powell Valley @ Powell Valley. I believe it was the only win they had during that 4 year stretch.

I now do radio for WLMU covering Cumberland Gap, which ironically is the consolidation of Powell Valley and Forge Ridge.

My son has since moved to Minnesota, and I can't get him back on the Orange side of the Mason Dixon line.

yep...that is me you see at times on CH 12...on the radi more than on TV...

I remember that CC @ PV game...I was doing it fo ra TV replay...It was quite a game...CC won as you stated but it wasnt very easy...

dont believe I know you just by your post...who is your son...what position did he play...

do yu know Coach Jessie (a new assisstant) at CGHS...he coached at jacksboro

for a few years...my son Patrick helped him at jacksboro...

anyway, hope you have a geat season at teh GAP...

2001-2004 White House Blue Devils, two region 6-4a championships, freshman and senior years. Quarterfinals appearance freshman year and semifinal appearance and 13-1 record senior year. My freshman team was also the Walking Horse Bowl champions in Marshall County(2001). I was a three year starter at center and started a handful of games at noseguard. #57 Loved every minute of it