Best Regular Season Game You've Ever Been To

mcfan10

1994---White House v. Greenbrier

Greenbrier entered the game 4-3; White House 3-4

Greenbrier had lost 11 straight to the Devils at this time.

Greenbrier led 14-0 at the half, but game was tied 14-all at end of regulation.

Greenbrier scored 1st in four overtimes and each time WH answered the bell.

Greenbrier failed to score in the 5th ot and WH scored a 48-42 victory. The win propelled the Devils to an 8-5 finish.

This one was a classic. I remember standing at the fence even with the goal line and watching this.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the best regular season game you've ever been to?

Mine would either be Marshall Co. vs. Spring Hill this year or MC vs. David Lipscomb in 2000 where MC scored 2 tds with under a minute one coming as time expired and MC went for 2 and got it and won. No matter how good a game it was, it will always be remebered for the clock malfunction that might have cost DL.

Post the game and what makes it so memorable.

2005 JPII scores 2 TD's in 48 seconds to force overtime with Goodpasture and JPII wins in OT 55-52!!!

2005-Ootlewah at William Blount

Biggest win ever for the WB program, great game!

haha thats sad if thats the biggest win ever for the WB program...but the one i'd add to this list is either ooltewah-soddy in 2004, just an all around great game, won on a blocked field goal returned for a touchdown..or red banks state championship a few years back in the snow..but i guess that wouldn't be a regular season game so i guess i'll have to go with my first choice

Edited by mnewballer21

Antioch vs Brentwood 1999 1st round of playoffs. Brentwood was the #1 rated offense that year had great QB/WR combo. I played at Antioch and we shut them down. AHS 35 - BHS 18

The other game is this year. I am a coach now at Ezell-Harding. Last weeks game vs CPA 4OT thriller. Back and Forth all night. We were up 28-14 late in the 3rd when they scored back to back quick touchdowns. 35 - 35 at the end of regulation. Back and forth in OT kicked field goal in 4th ot then kicker who is the nose guard sacked the CPA QB on 4 and 25 to end it.

Wasn't there a Mt Juliet - Gallatin games several years ago where Mt Juliet rushed the field goal team on and kicked the game winner as time expired???

That would be 1986 (class 1987) at Gallatin!! That was back in the days that Gallatin and MJ were big rivals....Crossing the bridge was lots of fun that night......

Edited by MJBBALL

Gibbs at Rutledge in 1994

Gibbs was up 18-0 at the half and looked like they would extend their streak to 11 straight over the Pioneers when Rutledge went to work in the second half and came away with a 25-24 win...at least I think that was the score...

Cherokee at Greeneville 2001

This wasn't a great game because of the score or what players were involved...it was the Friday after the WTC and the Pentagon were attacked on 9-11 and it was one of a handful of games that got played anywhere in the state. I felt like it was a good opportunity to let folks get out of the house and quit being bombarded by the news coverage, though I certainly also understood why the vast majority of schools in the state chose to postpone the game to a later date.

Which is the only reason I was there...Rutledge and Chuckey-Doak moved their game to Monday night and it's still the only non-JV Monday night game ever played at Optimist Field.