Coach Neely gets 1200th win!

just4fun

Congratulations to East Ridge and Coach Neely.

With their wins Tuesday night they gave her 1200 wins!

That is quite an accomplishment.

She is a well deserving woman who has done a lot for volleyball in Chattanooga and the entire state of Tennessee.

Edited by just4fun

On behalf of officials everywhere, congratulations to Catherine Neely on 1,200 wins. Quite an accomplishment and another milestone for her. She's always a pleasure to have on the court and a true class act. If she disagrees, she has the utmost respect while doing it. She learned a long time ago that in order to reason with people, you must be reasonable.

Tennessee volleyball wouldn't be the same without her!

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

The best A.D. I ever worked for... congratulations to one of the best coaches in the United States (any sport). Tell everyone at East Ridge that Coach Atkins says hello and that I miss all of my former pioneer students and wish them well! WOW, 1200 wins and counting!

Lee Atkins

Head Football Coach

South Lenoir HS

North Carolina

You have brought up so many into the game and positively effected and affected so many, over and over, for decades!

Most don't know this but even when ER didn't have any players playing club, or just 1, she gave generous gym time for practices and tourneys which allowed her competition to improve ..this also often gave herself a 14 1/2 hour work day to stay and close up. She did it just because she loves kids, no matter what shirt color they wear. She is just as generous with all of the "opposing" coaches who she has private, nurturing conversations with. But, she is still mean as a snake too! :D

Thank you coach for starting VB in TN and for demonstrating that when kids are the focus hardcore competition can exist without adults going nuts about things. You are THE pioneer ..hey..

CONGRATS COACH NEELY!!!!

You are tha woman!!! I played against you in jr high and high school,(you coached) and now I coach against you, and you still look the same, and will always be "the Pat Summit of volleyball" in my book! You are such a classy lady, and are great with your girls. Thank you for always being patient with me, and helping me along the years. Again, congrats, and I hope there are many more to come!

CONGRATS COACH NEELY!!!!

You are tha woman!!! I played against you in jr high and high school,(you coached) and now I coach against you, and you still look the same, and will always be "the Pat Summit of volleyball" in my book! You are such a classy lady, and are great with your girls. Thank you for always being patient with me, and helping me along the years. Again, congrats, and I hope there are many more to come!

I think that the TSSAA should have an award that recognizes the accomplishments of coach's in our state--so many other sports do this type of award. And it should be named after coach Neely. When I say accomplishments it shouldn't just be winning cause she is more then just a winner.

It is time that the TSSAA make the state tournament an event and not just a tournament. I feel they should also recognize the efforts of an official maybe the "offical of the year". There should be a mental attitude award...and so on.

Anyway, Coach Neely is the standard for all coach's...not just volleyball and it is great to hear all the kind words on this site.

i hope so badly that ER wins the state championship.

Announcements