Lake County at McKenzie - Oct. 14

BOHICA

With all the hype about the final result of tonights game, the question still remains to be who will take down Union City. With me being a UC players i dont think we can be beat in this region, or in 1a. With excelent offensive players like Bracey, Coleman, Graham, Mosley, and Wardlow its very easy to put up points. U may question their defense but they are very athletic and quick and they come with it when it counts. So we invite McKenzie or Lake Co. to Union City at anytime during the playoffs, because this thing is going through The Big Purple and Gold Tornadoes. And thats whats up.

Who will take down Union City might be the question in YOUR mind tonight but, for the rest of us, we're just trying to absorb what we saw on th field tonight!!!!! It was a great effort by two great offenses and nothing UC posters can say will change that. Surely all fans in UC aren't like you. UC has a very good team and program. Ya'll will have your chance to prove your point on the field in the playoffs. When you're holding the Gold Ball, then you can talk. Untill then shut up and play!!!!!!!

If UC gets to the 'Boro, I'll prolly pull for UC but, it won't be because of you.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the hype about the final result of tonights game, the question still remains to be who will take down Union City. With me being a UC players i dont think we can be beat in this region, or in 1a. With excelent offensive players like Bracey, Coleman, Graham, Mosley, and Wardlow its very easy to put up points. U may question their defense but they are very athletic and quick and they come with it when it counts. So we invite McKenzie or Lake Co. to Union City at anytime during the playoffs, because this thing is going through The Big Purple and Gold Tornadoes. And thats whats up.

Oh yeah, catchy handle but glad to say that "NO, I don't envy you at all!!!"

One last thought tonight. Lake Co. fans and team-----tonight was the most emotion I've seen at Rebel Field since our win over Huntingdon in 2001. Well done ya'll. Tonight was a classic and I can't think of a team I would rather have been in this game with than ya'll. All my best to ya'll from here on out! :D

You guys are 1st class on the field.

One last thought tonight. Lake Co. fans and team-----tonight was the most emotion I've seen at Rebel Field since our win over Huntingdon in 2001. Well done ya'll. Tonight was a classic and I can't think of a team I would rather have been in this game with than ya'll. All my best to ya'll from here on out! :D

thanks duckman,same to you guys. congrats and good luck

Seriously. Someone call Phillip Fulmer right now and tell him to suit up Drew Hayes against Alabama next week. He may not be a D-1 caliber quarterback right now, but hey, neither are Clausen or Ainge :blink:

Greatest game I've ever seen. 107 points the highest-scoring game in Lake County history (previous high was 97; LC over Obion Co. 62-35 in 1985), I believe 54 points might be the second-most points ever allowed by an LC team (Bruceton scored 62 in a 1999 LC loss), and no telling how many individual records were broken tonight. Maybe even some state records, who knows.

I can't fault LC for going for two in that situation, and everyone knew that was the only play they had. Maybe Barger should have come out in some convoluted formation and either gotten a delay of game or forced McKenzie to call a time out, but that's the only thing I might have done differently. They were worn out and I don't know if they had anything left in the tank for overtime. Besides, their kicker is probably somewhere about 35-40% on the season on PATs, so there's always that chance he misses.

I said in the first quarter that the game might come down to who had the ball last, and it pretty much did. Bottom line, McKenzie just made one or two fewer mistakes in the game and came out with a hard-fought win. The two turnovers in the first half killed the Falcons -- little doubt that LC would have scored right before the half had Springer not fumbled the ball at the 5.

Lemonds ran out of gas in the fourth quarter. His legs were just shot. I don't know how many carries he had in the game, but I'm sure it was twice as many as he's ever had. I think LC attempted about 6 passes tonight; that might be a season-high. Unbelievable catches by Valentine on the fourth-and-long to the 4, and then again on the touchdown as time expired.

Sure hope Bogan is OK. He would have really made a difference on defense if he had been 100%. I think we can get past Gleason and Bruceton without him, but I'd sure like to have him healthy for a playoff game at Fayette Academy -- hey, we owe them one. Amazing what realignment will do for a region -- in the old 8-1A, 8-2 would win the region most years. Now, 8-2 might be good enough for third place. And either West Carroll or Bruceton will be sitting at home in Week 11.

And I'm still confused -- what exactly happened to Don Horner on the onside kick? He lay motionless on the field for about 5 minutes, it looked like they were about to call the ambulance, then all of a sudden he pops up and walks off the field. 5 minutes later, he's back in the ballgame. I thought the rule said that if a player is unconscious or apparently unconscious, he has to have written approval from a physician before re-entering the game. With the one official that has the biggest vendetta against Lake Co. at head linesman on the LC sideline, I'm really surprised he didn't call them on it. (All in all, couple of bad calls aside, game was fairly well-officiated. Bad calls didn't lead to scores or turnovers.)

Hats off to McKenzie and Lake Co., both teams played their hearts out. I know the Falcons are just dying a little inside tonight after that one, but they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

One last thought tonight. Lake Co. fans and team-----tonight was the most emotion I've seen at Rebel Field since our win over Huntingdon in 2001. Well done ya'll. Tonight was a classic and I can't think of a team I would rather have been in this game with than ya'll. All my best to ya'll from here on out! :blink:

Duckman, it was nice meeting you and talking some football. You guys have a good ball team. That was the best offensive football game that I've have ever seen.Good luck to the rebels the rest of the year.Hayes is the best high school QB that I have seen in the last 10 to 15 yrs. It's a shame either team had to lose tonight. Hope to see you guys in the quaterfinals of the playoff's.

Seriously. Someone call Phillip Fulmer right now and tell him to suit up Drew Hayes against Alabama next week. He may not be a D-1 caliber quarterback right now, but hey, neither are Clausen or Ainge :blink:

Greatest game I've ever seen. 107 points the highest-scoring game in Lake County history (previous high was 97; LC over Obion Co. 62-35 in 1985), I believe 54 points might be the second-most points ever allowed by an LC team (Bruceton scored 62 in a 1999 LC loss), and no telling how many individual records were broken tonight. Maybe even some state records, who knows.

I can't fault LC for going for two in that situation, and everyone knew that was the only play they had. Maybe Barger should have come out in some convoluted formation and either gotten a delay of game or forced McKenzie to call a time out, but that's the only thing I might have done differently. They were worn out and I don't know if they had anything left in the tank for overtime. Besides, their kicker is probably somewhere about 35-40% on the season on PATs, so there's always that chance he misses.

I said in the first quarter that the game might come down to who had the ball last, and it pretty much did. Bottom line, McKenzie just made one or two fewer mistakes in the game and came out with a hard-fought win. The two turnovers in the first half killed the Falcons -- little doubt that LC would have scored right before the half had Springer not fumbled the ball at the 5.

Lemonds ran out of gas in the fourth quarter. His legs were just shot. I don't know how many carries he had in the game, but I'm sure it was twice as many as he's ever had. I think LC attempted about 6 passes tonight; that might be a season-high. Unbelievable catches by Valentine on the fourth-and-long to the 4, and then again on the touchdown as time expired.

Sure hope Bogan is OK. He would have really made a difference on defense if he had been 100%. I think we can get past Gleason and Bruceton without him, but I'd sure like to have him healthy for a playoff game at Fayette Academy -- hey, we owe them one. Amazing what realignment will do for a region -- in the old 8-1A, 8-2 would win the region most years. Now, 8-2 might be good enough for third place. And either West Carroll or Bruceton will be sitting at home in Week 11.

And I'm still confused -- what exactly happened to Don Horner on the onside kick? He lay motionless on the field for about 5 minutes, it looked like they were about to call the ambulance, then all of a sudden he pops up and walks off the field. 5 minutes later, he's back in the ballgame. I thought the rule said that if a player is unconscious or apparently unconscious, he has to have written approval from a physician before re-entering the game. With the one official that has the biggest vendetta against Lake Co. at head linesman on the LC sideline, I'm really surprised he didn't call them on it. (All in all, couple of bad calls aside, game was fairly well-officiated. Bad calls didn't lead to scores or turnovers.)

Hats off to McKenzie and Lake Co., both teams played their hearts out. I know the Falcons are just dying a little inside tonight after that one, but they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

This Rebel fan agrees with you on all you said. Like I said, it's a shame either team has to accept a loss tonight. And even though there were a few calls that were wrong or not made, it was probably the best called game WE have been in this season. I've got an idea what happened to the Horner kid but, maybe you need to get my e-mail address from lakecountyfalconfan and lets discuss that off the forum. I could be wrong about what happened to him but, I know what I saw from our side of the field.

Edited by duckman38201

Duckman, it was nice meeting you and talking some football. You guys have a good ball team. That was the best offensive football game that I've have ever seen.Good luck to the rebels the rest of the year.Hayes is the best high school QB that I have seen in the last 10 to 15 yrs. It's a shame either team had to lose tonight. Hope to see you guys in the quaterfinals of the playoff's.

Same here lakecountyfalconfan, at least we know we can create some excitement if we play again HUH!? Good luck from here on out. I've watched McKenzie HS football since the 1950's and this was one of the best I've seen yet!!!! As we discussed, the defenses showed a lot of room for improvement but, there wasn't anything lacking on the offensive side of the ball!!!!! I've seen what you mean about UC posters tonight but, think I got my point across to them/actually HIM!!!

The players from both teams were top of the line tonight in effort, heart and sportsmanship.