Lake County at McKenzie - Oct. 14

BOHICA

Maybe its just me, but McKenzie threw over 70 times and allowed 0 sacks and not that many pressures in the Union City game. Looks like the line can't block can it?

Come on ChipsAhoy, pass blocking is comparitively easy to run blocking. I'm a former lineman and I can assure you there is a lot of difference in the two. We can't ask Drew to throw the ball 70 times a game!!!!!!! We need Kegan to run the ball and the line has to block against the better teams as well as the weaker ones for Kegan to do it.

46 of 73 (or whatever it was) and 485 yards is unbelievable but, it is a bad statement to our offense that we had to resort to such measures. A great night for Drew but, a sad night for the Rebels. In essence, we gave up on our running game before the geme even started.

If we had a defense, it might be OK. I'm thinkin' that we need to teach some kids how to tackle at least every once in a while!!!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure if running plays were called in a game, they would try to make holes. I haven't been to every game this year, but I went to the Dresden game and they opened plenty of holes there. They didn't do too bad at the West Carroll game either. I'm sure the boys on the team do or try to do what is asked of them.

I agree.......they're high school kids...........I'm positive they are doing the best they can with what they've got. There are some things that I do not agree with on the team, but I have to get over it. I'm not on the team and I'm not coaching them. Let's just please try to support them through this somewhat tough time and cheer them on throughout the rest of the season.................GO REBELS!!!

Fan..I believe you will see a different team than Union City played early in the season..Lake wasn't playing Springer a lot on defense early in the season ,mostly wanted to use him on offense at quarterback but I'm sure he will be in the secondary against McKenzie..We may be without our top defensive player in Jarvis Bogan.but if he plays I believe Lake Co will win ..I don't believe the Rebels will be able to slow Springer and company down..Again,this is a different team ..Since the Union City loss..look at the same teams Lake Co ,Union City.and Mckenzie have played and compare the scores ..

Does anyone from Lake County know the status of Bogan....It would be a big blow if he is out...Lake County can't afford to lose Springer or Bogan...I'm hoping it's a sprain knee...Don't really mind if he 's out for 1 game,even though that would hurt us, but we really need him in the post season..

a lot of people are very talented and do their job on "weak" teams. that's just a part of life and decisions you make. like Drew, you do the best YOU can do with what you've got.

by the way gcounty 5, you seem to be one of drew's biggest fans on coach t: did Drew go to tennessee on a recruiting visit with fulmer or was he just a spectator in the stands like lots of other people? they had good visits too. Just wonderin!?

Bigster, Jarvis is ok and will play on Friday. He had a mild knee sprain but will be ready Friday and for the rest of the year.

Thanks War Dawg..I was a little worried when he didn't put his foot down much as they carried him to the locker room before halftime..I would make sure he was completely healthy before I was to play him though..I would rather have him for the playoffs than just for this one game..That's still good news...Thanks for the info..

Glad to see Bogan is OK. If both offenses keep performing like they are capable of, this thing could be an absolute track meet. But I think LC's defense will have more success stopping McKenzie than most anyone they have played. At the same time, I don't think the Rebels can stop the Falcons.

The key for LC is to hold on to the ball as long as they can -- if McKenzie's defense on the field, they can't score. Long, sustained drives for Lake Co. will be the winning edge this week.

I agree.......they're high school kids...........I'm positive they are doing the best they can with what they've got. There are some things that I do not agree with on the team, but I have to get over it. I'm not on the team and I'm not coaching them. Let's just please try to support them through this somewhat tough time and cheer them on throughout the rest of the season.................GO REBELS!!!

I too have no doubt the Rebel players are doing the best they can do on the field and I'll support them untill the final horn of the season!!!! The Rebels will make the playoffs even though there are some tough teams in front of them still. I have that much faith in them. Now the challenge is for the Rebels to go into the playoffs as the 2nd seed from the region. We'll see Friday night. No predictions, no trash, the players will decide that all on the field as it should be.

Lake Co. has a good team and good fans. I'm sure we all agree it is in the hands of the two teams to decide this now. See ya'll Friday night.

a lot of people are very talented and do their job on "weak" teams. that's just a part of life and decisions you make. like Drew, you do the best YOU can do with what you've got.

by the way gcounty 5, you seem to be one of drew's biggest fans on coach t: did Drew go to tennessee on a recruiting visit with fulmer or was he just a spectator in the stands like lots of other people? they had good visits too. Just wonderin!?

As near as I can find out, it was a recruiting visit for Drew. I won't bet my next paycheck on it but, pretty sure it was based on things I've heard. I was at the game Saturday myself and there were a lot of recruited HS players at the game from all over.

OK ya'll, I'm over last Friday and looking ahead to this Friday night. Last week is over and let's leave it there.

The Rebels have to step up this week to play at home in the playoffs. I know they can do it. Will they? We'll see! The offense needs a balanced attack to get the job done. The defense needs to put a shoulder to the LC runners and lock up!!!

The Rebels need a good showing on both sides of the ball. Find ways to stop the LC offense and still allow our offense time to score points. We need a running game and possesion passing attack. It's time for a sellout win Rebels. Leave it ALL on the field this week.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

As near as I can find out, it was a recruiting visit for Drew. I won't bet my next paycheck on it but, pretty sure it was based on things I've heard. I was at the game Saturday myself and there were a lot of recruited HS players at the game from all over.

Duck,

It was an official visit. He also talked to Delmonico on Sunday about baseball.

As far as the Friday goes, he is the deal. At my old high school, ever week we did what I called BTB: Back to Basics. Anyone want to take a guess what the first basic was......................................................TACKLING!!! Thats it. We got to make tackles. wrap, swarm, take down. Bottom line.

Get back to the basics.