Lake County at McKenzie - Oct. 14

BOHICA

WOW!!!!! WOW!!!! WOW!!!!!

There is so much to reply to and I will not answer it all. So I will try to sum it up.

First of all, Defense you stepped up when you had too. Not only on the last play but a couple of other 2pt conversions that if they make we are on the other end of the stick.

I know alot is going to be made about Drew's performance as well it should be, but if I am giving out game balls, every offensive lineman on the team is getting one b/c they did a heck of a job on pass blocking tonight. At times, it seemed Drew had hours to throw. Kelsey Schweitzer,(forgive the spelling) was outstanding. (Rick has a big smile on his face).

Receivers, you did a great job of coming back to your QB when he was in trouble. #4, you dropped that give me early but you made up w/ it with some unbelieveable catches later on. Pruitt, son great job on the screen(Great call by the Comer). Bev gets really excited and is dangerous w/ that cowbell!!! Rogers nice play on the fade and you were getting open all night.

GREAT JOB OFFENSE!!!!

Drew, what can I say. Once again, you made it look easy. GREAT JOB!!!

Lake County fans, all of us Rebels have the utmost respect for you guys. You showed class on the field and as the old saying goes, its terrible someone had to lose that game. Your kids played their hearts out and as Duck said earlier, both teams left it all on the field. My prayers are w/ your injured players and I hope they recover quickly.

AGAIN, GREAT JOB REBELS!!!!!!!!!

Savor it today, and lets get ready to head North to the border!!!

C

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda at a loss for words this week due to the fact that I'm on midnight shift this week................It makes me feel like I've got the flu and my mental status is very unstable during this screwed up shift. It's best if I stay away from other humans and/or avoid contact.......... :blink:B) Believe me.......if you've ever experienced it, you know what I'm talking about....

Great job last night Rebels. Ya'll played an excellent game. That goes for the Falcons also. That was everything I could want in a high school football game. I'll try to get more in depth on my opinions later on when I can get off for a few days and come back to the real world.......

Same here lakecountyfalconfan, at least we know we can create some excitement if we play again HUH!? Good luck from here on out. I've watched McKenzie HS football since the 1950's and this was one of the best I've seen yet!!!! As we discussed, the defenses showed a lot of room for improvement but, there wasn't anything lacking on the offensive side of the ball!!!!! I've seen what you mean about UC posters tonight but, think I got my point across to them/actually HIM!!!

The players from both teams were top of the line tonight in effort, heart and sportsmanship.

Duckman..Wow ..What a game...It was a great game...Both quarterbacks proved to be all they were made out to be...Hayes is a grat quarterback..I kept waiting for him to maybe throw a little high or something to that effect but he was on his game all night...I agree with Wes..Had Springer not fumbled after picking up a 1st down on the 5 yard line,I believe Lake Co scores...But..you can't really say much because of the effort he made on that play,stretching for more yardage...Lake Co didn't punt all night and Mckenzie only once as far as I can recall...There were several big plays that McKenzie came up with tonight..On a 4th and 16,Hayes was passing the ball and got hit at the same time and the ball looked like a wounded duck wobblin around..I believe the hit caused on Hayes made the ball change directions and went to another receiver..I believe it was his only bad throw of the night and it still went for a touchdown..And again on a 4th and 13 play,the Mckenzie player cut to the sideline right at the 1st down marker and Springer was all over the receiver but the Rebel receiver went up about a inch higher and came up with the ball and went about 15 or 20 more yards down the sideline...Then with the game tied 47- 47 with Lake Co having the ball and driving Mckenzie came up with their only stop of the night and stopped Lake Co on about a 4th and 3...After the Lake Co.players got hurt ,the McKenzie fans gave both players standing ovations...Very class act....As far as Union City..I didn't see your game with them but I know at one time the score was 24-21..I read that they never stopped the Rebels..I read U.C. came up with 3 interceptions..That was probably the reason for beating the Rebels by 20...They were fortunate enough to come up with turnovers ,something that we didn't have ...a credit to Hayes and the Rebels..But..without a lot of turnovers..I would like McKenzie's chanches in a one game do or die against U.C. with the ability of Hayes...I also still like our chances against U.C. if we meet them again..Not saying we will win..but I hope we get that opportunity....But...it looks like we will have a tougher 1st round game against Fayette Ac instead of facing Halls or Manassas...

Kinda at a loss for words this week due to the fact that I'm on midnight shift this week................It makes me feel like I've got the flu and my mental status is very unstable during this screwed up shift. It's best if I stay away from other humans and/or avoid contact.......... B):blink: Believe me.......if you've ever experienced it, you know what I'm talking about....

Great job last night Rebels. Ya'll played an excellent game. That goes for the Falcons also. That was everything I could want in a high school football game. I'll try to get more in depth on my opinions later on when I can get off for a few days and come back to the real world.......

L :lol: L....From one 3rd shifter to another..I FEEL YA BROTHER!!!!

I saw someone say about the UC game that McKenzie "gave up" on their running game before the contest started....I don't believe that...But I do hope Comer has decided that style of play is the best way for the Rebels to be in a position to win a game and not a way for an indivdual on a team sport to garner records and accolades....All those numbers are great but they WILL NOT win in the playoffs..You got to have some sort of balance and you HAVE GOT TO PLAY DEFENSE.... B)

Kinda at a loss for words this week due to the fact that I'm on midnight shift this week................It makes me feel like I've got the flu and my mental status is very unstable during this screwed up shift. It's best if I stay away from other humans and/or avoid contact.......... :blink:B) Believe me.......if you've ever experienced it, you know what I'm talking about....

Congrats to the Rebels ...A great game and the Rebel fans and players were a class act...I'm hoping L.C. can come back and wouldn't it be great to have a rematch..We seem to have a tougher road with two tough opponents in Fayette Ac and U.C. if we were to beat Fayette Ac..The Rebels and U.C. should win their 1st round games in a cakewalk...The Rebels will face either J.C.S. or West Carrol in the 2nd round......and I know J.C.S.has already beaten West Carrol..but I believe that will be a tough 1st round game and wouldn't be surprised if West Carrol pulled the upset..But..if Lake Co loses ..I am one fan that will be cheering for your Rebels...especially against U.C..

And yes Milan57, the defense really did good when it really mattered the most. Especially with 0:0 on the clock and Lake goes for a 2 point conversion and I believe we hit them well behind the line of scrimmage.

It sounds like this game was amazing..both teams should be proud of the way their offenses played. I do have one to point to make though...how does a defense look good at any time when they give up 53 points?...just a thought...good luck to both teams.

Wow...what a game from Hayes!

BTW....Can I make a suggestion here. I see several folks wanting to communicate by e-mail on this thread. If you are coacht Plus member you get free Private Messaging between other members. It`s only 12 bucks to join and if most all of you were honest, you`d have to admit that you have had way more than 12 bucks woth of entertainment from this website. You`d spend that much to see a 2 hour movie, but I bet most of you have spent hours on end reading this board. I even see that lakecountyfalconfan and duckman made an aquaintence which was obviously a result of coacht.

Anyways, it takes money for coacht to keep this site up and running. We could ALL do our part by and become a plus member.

Besides the private messaging, plus members get to post on the open boards and also get to post on all the boards even when they are closed during the offseason. But the main thing is that for only 12 bucks, you help keep this site going.

http://www.coacht.com/plus/

I`m just curious about something. Was this game close the whole game? What was the biggest lead that each team had??

At a couple of points during the game, McKenzie was up by two TD's but, most of the night the lead was 8 points or less. McKenzie scored first and then LC would counter. Much of the night the Rebels were only up by a couple of points. It was tied some at the end.

Definitely close the whole game. Believe it or not, both defenses had their moments especially on extra point tries. McKenzie had a couple of extra points blocked which proved to be critical at the end. LC was stopped on a couple of 2 point conversion tries that proved the difference in the game especially the 2 point conversion attempt by LC after time had expired when the Falcons went for the win instead of a tie and OT. If the game had gone into OT, we'd probably still be up there this morning playing.

Wildest football game I've ever seen-----period!!!!!.