Let'em Play

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S BASKETBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!!

MY PREDICTIONS:

1. SIEGEL: 14-0, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, MAKE THE RESERVATIONS FOR AT LEAST FINAL FOUR IN THE STATE.

2. OAKLAND: WASN'T SURE ABOUT THIS SECOND PLACE, BUT WITH WADE ON THIS TEAM, AND COACH KING ON THE BENCH, THEY MAKE THE LEAP.

3. COOKEVILLE: HENNIGAN, WOLF, AND HILL WILL "HOOSIER" THEIR WAY TO THIRD PLACE.

4. WARREN COUNTY: THIS TEAM IS VERY DEEP. THOSE WHO DON'T AGREE DON'T REALIZE HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE CHANGING COACHING CAN MAKE.

5. RIVERDALE: I JUST DON'T SEE THEM AS HIGH AS OTHERS ARE SAYING. ALL THEY HAVE IS SMITH AND HE IS MORE OF AN ATHLETE THAN A BASKETBALL PLAYER.

6. WHITE COUNTY: JUST TOO YOUNG RIGHT NOW. MAYBE NEXT YEAR.

7. LEBANON: GOOD COACHING, NOT MUCH TALENT.

8. BLACKMAN: WELL AT LEAST THEY HAVE WADE, WHAT THEY DON'T? UUHHGGG!!

YYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S BASKETBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!!

MY PREDICTIONS:

1. SIEGEL: 14-0, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, MAKE THE RESERVATIONS FOR AT LEAST FINAL FOUR IN THE STATE.

2. OAKLAND: WASN'T SURE ABOUT THIS SECOND PLACE, BUT WITH WADE ON THIS TEAM, AND COACH KING ON THE BENCH, THEY MAKE THE LEAP.

3. COOKEVILLE: HENNIGAN, WOLF, AND HILL WILL "HOOSIER" THEIR WAY TO THIRD PLACE.

4. WARREN COUNTY: THIS TEAM IS VERY DEEP. THOSE WHO DON'T AGREE DON'T REALIZE HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE CHANGING COACHING CAN MAKE.

5. RIVERDALE: I JUST DON'T SEE THEM AS HIGH AS OTHERS ARE SAYING. ALL THEY HAVE IS SMITH AND HE IS MORE OF AN ATHLETE THAN A BASKETBALL PLAYER.

6. WHITE COUNTY: JUST TOO YOUNG RIGHT NOW. MAYBE NEXT YEAR.

7. LEBANON: GOOD COACHING, NOT MUCH TALENT.

8. BLACKMAN: WELL AT LEAST THEY HAVE WADE, WHAT THEY DON'T? UUHHGGG!!

Thomas is way better than you think. Riverdale will be very good. Smith is not just an athlete. He will be an All-District - All-Region performer with some recognition on the state level.

Brandon Adcock from Warren CO. scored 28 against keith ramsey from siegel so... is there any thing left to say..

yeah do it on a consistent basis instead of one night. I'm still not thinking a win over Ridgeway would be easy...makes me feel easier that Niles is gone but they will still be tough..thnx for compliment on the Nation...we got bigger and better things coming this year.

Please see my post on the best 1-2 combos in the state. I think Allen/Wade will be an awesome 1-2 combo.

However, who is going to guard Ramsey and Jones? Oden and Roper can match up with Allen and Wade - don't you think?

I think second place will be the best you can do, but you have to go through Riverdale, who also has a very good 1-2 punch - Thomas and Smith.

Darian Martin should be able to guard one of them might have to get the other in foul trouble, i dont think Siegels bench is all that great

Please see my post on the best 1-2 combos in the state. I think Allen/Wade will be an awesome 1-2 combo.

However, who is going to guard Ramsey and Jones? Oden and Roper can match up with Allen and Wade - don't you think?

I think second place will be the best you can do, but you have to go through Riverdale, who also has a very good 1-2 punch - Thomas and Smith.

Ive followed Oakland Basketball for quite a while, and yes, Wade/Allen will make a great combo, but they arent going to be able to do it by themselves. To beat Siegel and win the district, Oakland is going to need solid production from their 5 starters and their bench.

bench may not be great..but we will either have cutter or alexander comin off of bench, either one of those could be starting...who does oakland have coming off of bench?

Most likely Jatoree Haynes, Drew Fann, Shane Blissard, D'Juan Epps, Pico Nance

oh ok then I'm not worried :thumb:

I think you will find that Oakland's bench will be something to worry about as the season goes along. Also, look for DeAndre (Sp?) Maupin to get some possible pt as well. Kit Carlton is still probably a year off from making a contribution, although it would be nice to see him step up and make a contribution, he'd be a big help given his heighth