7-AAA

Let'em Play

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After much thought, I present to you my predictions for the 2005-2006 Season:

1. Siegel- On paper, you really cant dispute Siegel being at the top for this season. Siegel returns almost everybody and could very well have the 3 best players in the district. They are thin on the bench, but were able to do just fine last season, so that may not make a difference unless their big men get in foul trouble, which would pose a problem since Siegel doesnt have a post player on the bench with any significant playing time. This team rises to the occasion in the big games no doubt, but can they bring it and night after night and dominate 7-aaa? Only time will tell

2. Oakland- Really went back and forth bewteen Oakland and Riverdale, but just decided to go with Oakland because its so hard to go against Randy King. Oakland has a nice mix of youth and experience with 4 seniors but will also be playing many sophmores and juniors. Oakland welcomes Jaffarious Wade into the mix and he will have a HUGE impact for Oakland, giving Oakland basically 2 guys that can run the point very well in him and chiasson allen. This team could make another run towards a state tourney bid, but the post game has to step up. Darian Martin has to be a leader for the Pats and live up to the potential that hes always had

3. Riverdale- Scoring shouldnt be a problem with this team with long range bombers Scott Thomas and Andrew Barrett and then the bangers down low in Kevin Smith and Jesse Mayfield. Riverdale did lose a good amount of point production and leadership in ryan denney, preston smith and michael lavender, but it shouldnt hurt Riverdale much once they get their season going. Hartsfield at the point may hurt Riverdale a little, but hes good enough where the Warriors should be fine

4. White County- A team that is gradually making its way back up the ladder of district 7-aaa and will take one step further this season. The Warriors return plenty of talent that was key to WC's success in last year in kirk clark, jj taylor and company. Has a very good coach in Mitchell that did a fantastic job with his team last season and look for them improve about as much in 2005-2006

5. Cookeville- A team with a great group of guards, but really doesnt have any post game to speak of, which will hurt them alot in this district. Henningan, Stearman and Wolf are a great trio of guards and create many oppurtunities on offense but cookeville has to get something going inside to make a deep run into the postseason

6. Warren County- Really going out on a limb here, but I feel that they have enough talent where its justified. Ryan Smith takes over at WC after serving as a assistant at Gallatin, a program that has had much success in years past. Warren Co has the talent to do some damage in Brandon Adcock, Brooks Majors, Warren Spann and Todd Gilley, but can the Pioneers come into the season with a winning mentality? Sometimes thats all the difference bewteen a good team and a bad team.

7. Lebanon- Almost feel wrong for putting Lebanon this low, but they lost a ton of solid production all across the board with the most notable players being Andrew Donald and Todd Cross. The cupboard is not completely bare as Britton Winfree and Nick Payne will lead the Blue Devil charge.

8. Blackman- Really a big rebuilding season for the Blaze as they lose Mr. Everything Ben Sneed to graduation and Point Guard Jaffarious Wade transferred to Oakland. Micah Morrisey and others will look to compete every night, but will have trouble doing so being that the talent really isnt there

8. Blackman- Really a big rebuilding season for the Blaze as they lose Mr. Everything Ben Sneed to graduation and Point Guard Jaffarious Wade transferred to Oakland. Micah Morrisey and others will look to compete every night, but will have trouble doing so being that the talent really isnt there

Im pretty sure that Micah isnt playing this year, which hurts Blackman even worse :thumb:

Hello my other 7-AAA bball fans. I've been avoiding posting on the basketball boards with some football left to play, but reading your guys posts is giving me the fever{he he}. Siegel is the obvious favorite to win the Dist., but I do think they'll slip up somewhere like last year and lose at least one Dist. game. 2nd place is a toss up between, White County, Riverdale, Cookeville, and Oakland. I think Lebanon, Warren Co., and Blackman will be at the bottom. That's my opinion. :)

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII

Hello my other 7-AAA bball fans. I've been avoiding posting on the basketball boards with some football left to play, but reading your guys posts is giving me the fever{he he}. Siegel is the obvious favorite to win the Dist., but I do think they'll slip up somewhere like last year and lose at least one Dist. game. 2nd place is a toss up between, White County, Riverdale, Cookeville, and Oakland. I think Lebanon, Warren Co., and Blackman will be at the bottom. That's my opinion. :)

Siegel did slip last yr but still came through in the clutch to take home the title... :)

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII

I would have rather had it that way because it put so much more on the line for the 2nd Oakland game...I live for those types of atmospheres

that was one incredible game...and losing to warren county got us refocused too...