7-AAA

Let'em Play

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but they didnt have a :D on those teams :thumb:

having a :lol: on your team is awfully nice, but fact is that NO ONE in Rutherford County has gotten as close to winning the state in Boys OR girls bball as OAKLAND has. We have been runner-ups for BOTH. Won 2 baseball championships and football twice. Yeah you are right Hoolie, yall won the district and the region in BOYS.....but not in girls. I know this isn't a Girls thread, but we are MIGHTY proud to claim that we have the most consistent and successful Basketball PROGRAM in the county. AND.......we still have BOTH the coaches who took us there.

Edited by 2priceless

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

hahahha....yeah but he is a GREATTTTT kid anyway....

:lol: .. 2p, you are right, oakland has had some great success in almost every sport over the past few decades .. but I think with the addition of Siegel, and the addition of another HS in the near future, there will be no one dominant sports school in the county .. it will be very evenly matched

should be a great basketball season .. last one for me :lol:

Siegel will take home the district this yr, if Harris can keep the boys heads on right...if they remain focused, they could go far into the postseason, maybe even farther than last year...

What is evident about this post is Coach Harris has done a great job with the current group of players at Siegel. Yes there have been anxious moments with a great group of players who have sometimes tried to go in a lot of different directions but somehow there was enough pure leadership and reasoning for the direction and focus to be so defined that the team remained the main focus. In many cases a team like this would have imploded. Now this is a Senior, mature team. It has a great coach. Its a team that has Division I players and a lot think can meet some very high goals. It seems, from the outside, to have gotten thru all of the things in their way during their early years to put the finishing touches on it in their Senior Year. While they will have to earn it, a lot of fans will be watching and pulling for Coach Harris and the Siegel players to bring home the gold.

Guest dare_2_dream

What is evident about this post is Coach Harris has done a great job with the current group of players at Siegel. Yes there have been anxious moments with a great group of players who have sometimes tried to go in a lot of different directions but somehow there was enough pure leadership and reasoning for the direction and focus to be so defined that the team remained the main focus. In many cases a team like this would have imploded. Now this is a Senior, mature team. It has a great coach. Its a team that has Division I players and a lot think can meet some very high goals. It seems, from the outside, to have gotten thru all of the things in their way during their early years to put the finishing touches on it in their Senior Year. While they will have to earn it, a lot of fans will be watching and pulling for Coach Harris and the Siegel players to bring home the gold.

I think you mentioned the one drawback that Siegel does have however in this post...you mention the Division I talent, and the fact they are seniors...all of those kids want to be highly recruited, which i think might cause some tension among the team...everyone will want to be the "main attraction" and no one will take the backseat and do the roleplay work, not enough shots to go around in my mind...with this being said, i think we will find out what kind of coach that harris really is this year...

Edited by dare_2_dream

I think you mentioned the one drawback that Siegel does have however in this post...you mention the Division I talent, and the fact they are seniors...all of those kids want to be highly recruited, which i think might cause some tension among the team...everyone will want to be the "main attraction" and no one will take the backseat and do the roleplay work, not enough shots to go around in my mind...with this being said, i think we will find out what kind of coach that harris really is this year...

Thats a great post and does bring other things into perspective. My observation is that those that have already been contacted by DIV 1 already know their value and the only thing they don't know is their value if the team does not meet its goals THIS year which could effect the school they go to , etc. The bottom line is ARE THEY WINNERS as a team. Anyone can recruit a selfish individual player and they can play in podunk community college for a year, flunk out and eventually be a wisk of smoke in that great baskball court in the sky.

What I see is not that senario. These are very tallented young men who have great skills above Basketball and who understand that recruiters not only look at the Basketball kills but the life skills and comittment to excellence in every facit of their life and one of those being to complete the task. That is the true worth of a person and don't think that recruiters don't think of the investment their school have to make with student/athletes in things other than just basketball.

This TEAM has to do their best to Complete THE TASK and a few years down the road when they meet their ex-teammates or they look back at their press clippings, wonder what will be of the most importance. Whether someone scored a few points or whether this TEAM represented their school up to its potential. You know, the banners hung in the gym for school year accomplishments do not have players names on them. They have the records,of the team. Thats done for a reason.

Coach Harris is a great Coach and he understands this very well. He has been thru everything this team will go thru. He knows, I am sure, what is important and what are just vapors. BEST OF LUCK SIEGEL.

Guest dare_2_dream

Thats a great post and does bring other things into perspective. My observation is that those that have already been contacted by DIV 1 already know their value and the only thing they don't know is their value if the team does not meet its goals THIS year which could effect the school they go to , etc. The bottom line is ARE THEY WINNERS as a team. Anyone can recruit a selfish individual player and they can play in podunk community college for a year, flunk out and eventually be a wisk of smoke in that great baskball court in the sky.

What I see is not that senario. These are very tallented young men who have great skills above Basketball and who understand that recruiters not only look at the Basketball kills but the life skills and comittment to excellence in every facit of their life and one of those being to complete the task. That is the true worth of a person and don't think that recruiters don't think of the investment their school have to make with student/athletes in things other than just basketball.

This TEAM has to do their best to Complete THE TASK and a few years down the road when they meet their ex-teammates or they look back at their press clippings, wonder what will be of the most importance. Whether someone scored a few points or whether this TEAM represented their school up to its potential. You know, the banners hung in the gym for school year accomplishments do not have players names on them. They have the records,of the team. Thats done for a reason.

Coach Harris is a great Coach and he understands this very well. He has been thru everything this team will go thru. He knows, I am sure, what is important and what are just vapors. BEST OF LUCK SIEGEL.

I agree to some degree...if this team is done in the regions, people will ask what happen...recruiters will wander if their respected player can play in a team environment and succeed in it...with that being said, siegel has a huge target on their backs, and everyone is aiming for them...teams are going to anything in order to beat them...i know at times last year, if someone on an opposing team scored on a siegel player, it seemed they went right back down and tried to score on them...and as a former player last year, i heard things that people in the stands couldnt hear...things that coaches or other players would say at certain times during the game...i want nothing but for siegel to do well this season, as Harris told me I would get a ring if they won this year...and i want some bling on my finger :thumb: