7-AAA

Let'em Play

u murfreesboro boys haven't changed any since last year. all yau'll talk about is murfreesboro teams. u don't include anybody else. u haven't even mentioned white co. after what we done to u last year. good luck.

Why should "you Murfreesboro boys" talk about non boro teams when we are in fact from Murfreesboro . If you dont like what is being said, join in! Nice to hear about teams from around the district but nobody outside of the boro seems to say anything

Edited by OaklandGrad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this talk is great so far. No one seems to be bashing anyone and all the comments seem to be fair stated opinions that most have shared. And there is nothing wrong with a lengthy post.

Here is my outtake on Blackman. Blackman in all seriousness might not win a single game this year. I think they probably will but then when i take several things into the equation im not so sure. First of all they lost their top 3 players and one of the best 1-2 punches in the district. Ben Sneed arguably was the best post player in the district last year and with no doubt he was the single player that meant most to his team. They lost him to graduation and replacing him would be hard enough. Then you lose your best guard in Jaffarious Wade who transferred to Oakland. He can play any of the guard positions and is one of the best returning guards in the league. They also lost Micah Morrissey who decided not to play this year (I probably wouldnt either if winning a single game wasnt a certainty). I read in the paper they lost 93% of there offense and I cant even remember how much of there rebounding. You take those 3 guys away from a team that won 6 games last year and things dont look so bright. They do have in my opinion the most underrated player in the district. David "Cincinatti" Barnes is a very good player. He played several big games last year but the coach held him back from his true potential becuase he wanted the offense to be ran strictly through Wade and Sneed. Now he has no other option. He will be there best player and the goto guy. He is lethal from outside (he hit 5 3's in the district tourney againts the DALE). He has a big frame that is tough to defend and to get around. He has great handles as well and great court vision and passing. So like I told David if they win they will have to use the Kobe affect and hope he scores 30 by himself to give them a chance to win.

u murfreesboro boys haven't changed any since last year. all yau'll talk about is murfreesboro teams. u don't include anybody else. u haven't even mentioned white co. after what we done to u last year. good luck.

Come on 90.....don't get these guys riled up.

JJ Taylor performed good on the football field this year and started off good on the court over the weekend. In the Grundy Co. game i believe he had 18 points with 2 or 3 dunks. Good job JJ. :thumb:

Now here is my take on Oakland

First of all I think Chaisson Allen is as good as it gets. I guarded that kid all 3 games last year and I held him down the first game but he chapped my but for 18 one game. He is a great player and i respect his game as much as any in the district. He Scott Thomas, and Jimmy Oden, are all very similar players and as good as any in the district. The thing with Chaisson though is I think he is the most consistent. He has a great jump shot and is very good off the dribble. Jaffarious Wade is a key addition to this team, if they had not got him I dont think they would have finished in the top 4 but with him i think they are a dead lock to be in the top 4 and I think they will battle Cookeville for the 3rd or 4th place spots and will pull an upset over Riverdale or Siegel in the regular season. Darian is their only big man in my opinion. He has a lot of experience and can get the job done but I dont really see him as a big threat. They have several good role players but none that can really take over a game. Kendall James will have to step up and play big this season as well as Josh Fleming. Jatorree Haynes is a shaky back up that doesnt really look to score (on the soccer feild thats a different story). I think Oakland will be solid and will compete becuase of the simple fact that Coach King is as good as they come and he alone will outcoach other coaches and get them 5 wins by himself. But I think Oakland will not be competitive in the Region tournament and will have an early exit.

Man I just looked at Riverdale's schedule and if the football team makes it the state championship (Dec. 3) just like they have the past 5 years then the football players that play basketball (Scott Thomas, Kit Hartsfield, and Tyler Lusk) their first game back will be on Tues. Dec. 6th against Siegel at their place. I'm glad they will be back becuase i would rather play with them than without them but I'm sure they will be rusty and not have their basketball legs or wind. I guess it evens out somewhat becuase obviously niether team will be 100% becuase it will take nearly a month for the team to gel with the players coming over from football and new starting line ups and gettin in basketball shape. But Siegel will be playing without Kieth Ramsey so I guess it will somewhat even out. But this game will not be any where close to as good as any game where these two teams meet in the second half of the season when both teams are at 100%. That is big time, going from playing a big time game in the state championship in football then being thrown right in the fire against a team of Siegel's caliber at their place in front of a PACKED house and playing at the #3 team in the state's place. That should be a great game and i cant wait.

Tell him to move to Murfreesboro and play for the REAL WARRIORS at Riverdale. I'm sure we wouldnt have any problem with him dressing in the red and gold and I dont think he would mind it either.

He tried to transfer to Siegel but Dotson told him we have enough to deal with without his crap. Obvious he doesn't wanna transfer to Riverdale or else he would have tried to go there instead of Siegel. Don't try another Pico either hs sports fan :thumb:

Whats the deal now? Why is Gribble not playing once again. They go back and forth with that kid every year. Tell him to move to Murfreesboro and play for the REAL WARRIORS at Riverdale. I'm sure we wouldnt have any problem with him dressing in the red and gold and I dont think he would mind it either.

When you win a basketball championship you can call yourself REAL Warriors. The REAL WARRIORS reside in WHITE COUNTY. :thumb:

You don't want him. He's good. One of the best 5 players in the Dist., but he's more trouble than T. Owens. :lol: