7-AAA

Let'em Play

Guest dare_2_dream

hah I know Jimmy Oden took Preston Smith of Riverdale to school one game because of Preston talking trash...but I agree that we can't get in one on one battles vs. quality opponents and especially in the post season

I think some of that happened in the state tourney too...not as much as it did when we played Oakland or RHS though due to the hatred between the schools...if you remember we were down at half and down big, i dont feel play we played as a team that first half...the helpside D wasnt there, the team defense as a whole didnt seem to exist, and we got off to a slow start because of it...in the second half however, we came out and played as a team and gave ridgeway more than they wanted in the second half...i still think if we could have played the 1st half like we did the 2nd half...Murphy Center would have been full of Siegel Nation fans the next night celebrating their first state championship in school history...but it didnt happen like that and Ridegway was the one doing the dancing at the end of the season...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dare 2 dream....we were up 18-12 after the 1st quarter....the 2nd quarter was our let down. Jimmy's style of play didn't work vs. Ridgeway and that was evident. That was our problem vs. them...but I agree if we would have played up to our abilities in that game, Murphy Center would have seen record attendance for a high school game in there. Still think about that game..sigh :thumb:

Hopefully we will get our redemption this year and you can get your ring.

Guest dare_2_dream

dare 2 dream....we were up 18-12 after the 1st quarter....the 2nd quarter was our let down. Jimmy's style of play didn't work vs. Ridgeway and that was evident. That was our problem vs. them...but I agree if we would have played up to our abilities in that game, Murphy Center would have seen record attendance for a high school game in there. Still think about that game..sigh :thumb:

Hopefully we will get our redemption this year and you can get your ring.

Yes we were up but went down 10 or so into half i think...i know we were in the locker room at half wandering what in the world happened...i still think about it too...my mind wasnt in MC that night I know that and I still feel bad for that...But I hope the boys can handle business this year and and get me a ring haha...

what impact is wade havin so far at ohs? i havent heard 2 much bout how they r lookin so far? how did they come out at play day? where is oakland grad with sum scoop?

I know at the play day they beat lawrence county and lost to lavergne by 1, this past week they scrimmaged coffee county and gallatin and beat both handly. Not real sure how jaffarious is fittin in but they seem to be doin OK

Yes we were up but went down 10 or so into half i think...i know we were in the locker room at half wandering what in the world happened...i still think about it too...my mind wasnt in MC that night I know that and I still feel bad for that...But I hope the boys can handle business this year and and get me a ring haha...

What you said here is very important because you lived it personally. Understand that the thing that will bother a player most, after his high school days are over, are not those things that were accomplished but those things that were left undone. It appears to me that this team is larger than that. It will get off track some but if they will listen to Coach Harris and his direction, the undone last year might possibly be done this year. i guarantee it will not be easy but the accomplishment will be more satisfying. GO STARS

what impact is wade havin so far at ohs? i havent heard 2 much bout how they r lookin so far? how did they come out at play day? where is oakland grad with sum scoop?

Oakland really struggled at the playday, but did have their moments. Last week, they won 2 scrimmages, one against Coffee County 78-40 and the other over Gallatin 64-40, obviously a marked improvement from the week before. But truth be told, neither of those teams will make a deep run into the postseason, in my opinion, this week will really tell the story for Oakland as they go up against Shelbyville and Whites Creek, 2 teams that wil challenge for the state tourney berths.

As far as Jaffarious goes, hes doing pretty good right now. He seems to be uncomfortable at times on offense, but with good reason. At Blackman, he had to be a go-to-guy so he could give blackman a scoring threat outside of Sneed, but that really isnt the case at Oakland, although i hope hes one of our top scorers. On defense, hes an invaluable asset as he is one of the pieces that makes Oakland's press defense go and is a very solid rebounder who can play 3, maybe 4 positions when the need is there. He also gives Oakland protection against the opposition when they try to press, Oakland's starting lineup will basically consist of 3 point guards, so it will be hard to press Oakland when when Wade, Allen and Haynes are in there. All in all, I think Wade will be a fantastic player for Oakland even at the start at the season, but moreso as the season goes on and obviously into the next season as well, very promising for the Patriots these next 2-3 seasons with all this youth and talent

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

Bringing this thread back to the top now that the season is about to get started. Big game for Siegel tonight as they take on Beech. Good win by Riverdale last night beating Franklin Co, already gives district 7-aaa a win over district 8-aaa :D

will be a great season opener for Siegel tonight .. #3 vs #4 doesnt get much better =)