7-AAA

Let'em Play

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first of all the secret is outta of the bag and everyone knows who this is so now its my time.... Before i say a few things i have to comment on this post

whoa now lets not get too cocky boys...siegel is DEFINITELY the favorite to win the district and a favorite to win state this year but we all know what can happen come that time when the games get close...last year we did well winning the tight games but this year you never know what can happen

all in all I say siegel wins district but does accumulate losses here and there...after all remember what happened at homecoming last year? siegel is the district favorite...let's not get too cocky here

This kid has got issues. In no doubt is Siegel the district favorite and a legitamate title contender and expected to make a deep run again but "DEFINITILY the favorite to win state"......... your crazy

Siegel and Riverdale are DEFINITLY the top two teams

siegel has the best starting 5 in the district. Riverdale is by far the deepest team and has the best supporting cast. They both have a great 1-2 punch. siegel has Oden and Ramsey. Riverdale has K Smith and S Thomas.

Siegel is very talented once again and Roper, Ramsey, and Oden are looking to go out with a bang. They as well as Jones have a great deal amount of experience and are looking to put their names in more Siegel record books not only as indivuals but as well as a team. Last year the same team went to the final 4 and have high expectations again this year. But as we all know basketball is extremely unpredictable and last year proved it by White Station, Bradley Central, Franklin and a few other teams didnt make it. I think the loss of Brandon Ross is much bigger than most people realize. Not only do they have one less player, Brandon played his role perfectly. He brought excitement and energy to floor. He reaped the benefits of being open by hitting huge clutch shots and always sacrificed his body for the team. I think Alexander is a better athletle but not a better ball player. I dont think his shot or defense is as good as Ross'. Tyler Cutter has a year under his belt and will really help this team off the bench and should be a contributer. He though could struggle against a bigger PG such as Riverdale's Kit Hartsfield. Lucas and Keith are the best post duo and the league but if one gets in foul trouble, that could spell disaster for Siegel becuase they have NO one that can fill that void on there bench. I think the stars biggest weakness will be lack of depth so i hope those guys are are in the best condition of their life and also know how to commit fouls.

Now for Riverdale.

I think this could be the team that finally gets over the hump. This team is very deep, they have 9 guys that can and probably will start atleast a game throughout the season. They have alot of players that can and will play multiple positions and cause mismatches for many opponents. Also this will be the best outside shooting team in the district. As sophmores last year Kevin Smith and Scott Thomas were Riverdale's best two players. Now they are the leaders and the undenyable "goto guys" so look for even more production from these two. I think both are 2 of the top 5 players in the district (in no particular order Jimmy Oden, Keith Ramsey, Chaisson Allen, Scott Thomas, and Kevin Smith). Kit Hartsfield will be a very good point guard for the Warriors this year. He is a fullback and lineback on the football team and he is blessed with and extremely well built frame and very nimble feet. He does a great job of penetrating and picthing and can will be very hard for opposing PG's to dribble around. The post game should be much better this year with Kevin Smith (6'5) moving to the 4 and Jesse Mayfield (6'6) playing the 5 spot. They are the fastest two players on the team and WILL beat all the other teams post players up and down the floor in transition. Kevin is right handed and Jesse is left handed which also works as an advangtage. They both are can shoot the 3 very well and can step outside and beat post defenders off the dribble. Mayfeild needs to do a better job of commanding the ball and look to score inside. Andrew Barrett (6'6) will also come down from the 3 the spot to play some post. Sophmore Michael Young will be the suprise of the district. He is a great athletic ball player that can jump just as well as Kevin and will make a name for hisself this year. The outside shooting should be the Warriors biggest advantage with several lethal shooters outside. Andrew Barrett, Scott Thomas, and Tee Burnett will be the best 3 with Kevin Smith, Jesse Mayfield, and Kit Hartsfield all being more than capable to knock down the trey as well.

Riverdale Starting Lineup

1) Kit Hartsfield

2) Scott Thomas

3) Andrew Barrett

4) Kevin Smith

5) Jesse Mayfield

(All five started atleast one game last year)

Reserves

Tee Burnett (could start at almost any other school in the district and is very athletic and great outside shooter)

EJ Wilcox (looks to be main PG backup)

Tyler Lusk (very strong and will play 3 and 4)

Michael Young (very athletic will play 4 but is capable of guarding any position on the floor)

**Sorry so many post today (especially about Riverdale) but no one in all 18 pages has broken down Riverdale and gave a good analysis so here it is.

Ok first of all the secret is outta of the bag and everyone knows who this is so now its my time.... Before i say a few things i have to comment on this post

This kid has got issues. In no doubt is Siegel the district favorite and a legitamate title contender and expected to make a deep run again but "DEFINITILY the favorite to win state"......... your crazy

whoa...i have issues?

FIRST of all...you quoted me completely wrong...I think most people would agree that Siegel is the favorite in district 7-AAA and most would also agree that siegel is ONE OF THE favorites to win State AAA...and this is all at the beginning of the season so I realize this is somewhat of an educated guess...but come on man...Final Four appearance last year with virtually all of the starting players returning...who can argue that if Siegel plays like they can play they definitely have a legitimate shot at winning the title?

and also...i'd say Siegel's bench is not the issue right now...we went to beech and played without our starting center and with a half healthy point guard and still managed to pull out a win against a top tier team...not to mention a usual bench player tyler cutter putting up 19 points...Siegel's bench is not as deep as i'd like it to be but it's not terrible either :lol:

thanks for the good info up there man but you completely misread or misinterpreted what i posted

Edited by nation_supp89