Georgia and Illinois Multiplier possibly shelved

titan1

In the August 30 Atlanta Journal-Constitution is an arrticle relating how the Georgia High School Athletic Association has repealed the 1.5 multiplier for the 2008-10 season. This was due to pressure from having the Georgia Legislature get involved in repealing this act. Also, in Iliilnois, 30 private schools have joined together to repeal the multiplier enforced on them. The expected result is that the multiplier will be revoked there also. Does this have any influence on the future of the Tennessee multiplier?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the August 30 Atlanta Journal-Constitution is an arrticle relating how the Georgia High School Athletic Association has repealed the 1.5 multiplier for the 2008-10 season. This was due to pressure from having the Georgia Legislature get involved in repealing this act. Also, in Iliilnois, 30 private schools have joined together to repeal the multiplier enforced on them. The expected result is that the multiplier will be revoked there also. Does this have any influence on the future of the Tennessee multiplier?

It only take one lost court battle in any other state for the whole thing to go down the tubes. Its already been Ruled that the TSSAA is a state backed entity. That Happened on the US Supreme Court BA vs TSSAA case. And the Multiplier is a blatent descrimination against private schools. (its only used against them) Ergo the State of Tennessee is discriminating against private schools. Now since most people who send their kids to private school tend to Vote come election time. I dont think there is a State Rep that would want to get involved or be tied in supporting a discriminatory practice. Just too much bad press on something like that. Someone from the private schools will have to start it rolling but its just a matter of time. The Multiplier is Dead.

Dhack

A legitimate question that is raised, however, is did the private schools in Georgia and Illinois agree to the multiplier? In Tennessee, private schools had a choice whether to move into Division II without a multiplier or remain in Division I with public schools with the condition that they would have the multiplier effect enforced upon their enrollment. It may not have been a choice of the lesser of two evils in their eyes, but the choice was there nonetheless. They were not forced to be in a "multiplier" situation.

A legitimate question that is raised, however, is did the private schools in Georgia and Illinois agree to the multiplier? In Tennessee, private schools had a choice whether to move into Division II without a multiplier or remain in Division I with public schools with the condition that they would have the multiplier effect enforced upon their enrollment. It may not have been a choice of the lesser of two evils in their eyes, but the choice was there nonetheless. They were not forced to be in a "multiplier" situation.

Where in the world did you come up with that rewrite of history? <_<

ok your right on the lesser of 2 evils point that Financial Blackmail is not actually forcing someone to do something but it is a big club. Putting them all back into DivII would force some teams to spend large amounts on traveling across the state just to get (Regional...and I use that term Jokingly) games. If I was an AD and you told me I could play close to home and probably take a beating once in a while or spend half my budget on travel I would take the Beating.

Secondly not all of Div II was given that option. DivII has become only the schools that give Aid. What would be next the Privates that don't give aid wanting a multiplier against the ones that do.

Finally the main point. If a STATE RUN ORGANIZATION admits a school into that organization, Say the TSSAA DIVI, then it should treat all members equally.

They can’t discriminate because it is a state run organization... period

Dhack

ok your right on the lesser of 2 evils point that Financial Blackmail is not actually forcing someone to do something but it is a big club. Putting them all back into DivII would force some teams to spend large amounts on traveling across the state just to get (Regional...and I use that term Jokingly) games. If I was an AD and you told me I could play close to home and probably take a beating once in a while or spend half my budget on travel I would take the Beating.

Secondly not all of Div II was given that option. DivII has become only the schools that give Aid. What would be next the Privates that don't give aid wanting a multiplier against the ones that do.

Finally the main point. If a STATE RUN ORGANIZATION admits a school into that organization, Say the TSSAA DIVI, then it should treat all members equally.

They can’t discriminate because it is a state run organization... period

Dhack

waaaa waaaa waaaa , cry baby. Its a democracy just like Nascar, they set the rules and you play by them. get over it and deal with it.

waaaa waaaa waaaa , cry baby. Its a democracy just like Nascar, they set the rules and you play by them. get over it and deal with it.

Democracy? Hardly. There is not a single private school represented on the TSSAA Board of Control and only one private school (FRA) with representation on the legislative council.