Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I don't have the capability of private messaging you, i'll just type it here I guess. I've been posting on internet message boards since I was about 13 or 14 years old (many years ago). The theorhetical concept of "sub forums" is great, not unlike communism; however, "sub forums" are the kiss of death. If you are interested in the growth of this website I would absolutely strongly suggest switching back to the old way. As chaotic as it may be, having ALL the people viewing/posting/flaming in the main football forum is GREAT for this website. With sub forums there will be less posting overall, and certainly less interest across the board. I'm sure you're a smart person and have taken all this into consideration already, but i'm speaking from a lot of experience in posting on message boards. General Mayhem, TribalWar, Something Awful -- the top 3 message boards on the internet -- none of them went to sub-forums until they had 1 million posts.

Edited by p9morbid

The point in what i was trying to say is this. All that "clutter" breeds a successful message board. A very small inconvenience for some people is a HUGE success for this website in the long-term. I am happy to go on the record here.

Sub forums are the beginning of the end to the popularity, and more importantly growth, of this website. I won't say anymore than I already have. I would have prefered to PM coacht rather than pubically post this.

Just for clarification of something I should have mentioned at the beginning of this poll:

Whatever decision is made here will only affect the boards through the playoffs and a week or two beyond that. Once we get into the slower off-season and do not have specific games to discuss in each classification then we may want to go back to one board. This depends, of course, on whether the vote in this poll is to keep the boards separated.

I didn't like it at first, it changed my routine way of doing things and that's never good. But as the week has gone on I have grown to like it better. I sign on, go straight to the 1A threads and find the topics I am interested in. Then when I finish looking at those I come out to the main board. It saves me wading through a lot more threads that I don't want to read to find the ones that I do. In the past when I would sign on and if I couldn't find it real quick I would just say forget it a lot of times. I've converted, I like the new way now. :thumb:

At first I was for them, (I voted for them) now I believe I am against them. Some posters made a good point that it helps the site grow with more "clutter." I agree so I'm for moving it back. I wont mind if it stays as is now, it wont affect my posting but I think it is a better move to go back. Regardless, in the offseason all of the sub-forums should merge again because only plus members will be able to post so that means less topics overall :thumb: