Smith County @ Livingston Academy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with Jones?

Very good question! He got hurt in AE game and hasn't played since. He was dressed for last game and everyone thought he was OK but he never got in the game. Everyone around town is talking about his lack of playing time but nobody seems to know what's up.We are certainly going to need him in the next few games! Antwan, you still think you are coming to a gun battle with a knife? I don't! If we get back to where we were a few weeks ago--maybe! If not this will be a very close game.

The team with the best player doesn't always win. We HAVE contained and practically stopped Cates for 3 games straight. Colson always hurt us worse than he did. I understand that this a is different year with different teams but we are both still doing the same things. Maybe we don't have A player as good as he but one player never beat a good team by himself. From what I can tell, they are giving up a few more points this year than normal. That might be contributed to their new schedule. I don't know. One thing I do know is that the best prepared, better TEAM that makes the fewest mistakes and the most plays usually wins in the game of football. We'll see come Friday night. :justwrestle:

Very good post. If Colson would have had 20 carries in each of last years games,we would have beat you in first game and second would have been much closer! I know, that's in the past! Just wanted to make a point! IF Mike Jones-Larue plays, he will give you many problems!! That is if we let him carry the ball.

Very good question! He got hurt in AE game and hasn't played since. He was dressed for last game and everyone thought he was OK but he never got in the game. Everyone around town is talking about his lack of playing time but nobody seems to know what's up.We are certainly going to need him in the next few games! Antwan, you still think you are coming to a gun battle with a knife? I don't! If we get back to where we were a few weeks ago--maybe! If not this will be a very close game.

I don't know...maybe that pocket knife has grown to a small machete. :justwrestle:

I really don't know what to expect. Has SC gotten that much better...or is Westmoreland not that good? I guess we'll find out Friday.

It should be a fun game however it turns out. I am glad the rivalry has been continued. It's not the same...but it is still worth playing.

Edited by Antwan

How u goin to say Cates does it all on his own? yeah he is good really good but i dont member to many times this year where he is breaken tackles in the back field its usually down field! his OL ant to shabby! they open holes for him , vaughn, jone, reeder, and wodruph. They are a good team wit a pretty good line. not just Cates ppl ur deallin wit at LA u r dealin wit a GOOD OFFENCE!

How u goin to say Cates does it all on his own? yeah he is good really good but i dont member to many times this year where he is breaken tackles in the back field its usually down field! his OL ant to shabby! they open holes for him , vaughn, jone, reeder, and wodruph. They are a good team wit a pretty good line. not just Cates ppl ur deallin wit at LA u r dealin wit a GOOD OFFENCE!

You are a very good offense and defense, but without Cates on both sides; you are 3-5. You all get credit for being good, and you are, but don't take away from him for being really good. Everyone should get their due credit for their ability and smarts.

Sound, disciplined defenses with decent talent which tackles well...SCs trademark over the years. That hasn't changed here. We started off slowly with some kids who hadn't ever seen the field much but we are vastly improved from the Catholic and Trousdale game. If we understand and carry out our responsibilities against the heralded Cates lead option attack, we win. If we can get them in 3rd and long, then contain in our rush lanes, it'll stop them for the fourth time in three years. I did say if and that's a big if but if we can do it we'll be fine.

Wait,.........wasn't HOG-EYE "supposed" to win the last several games between these two good teams? How did those contests come out again?

LA will definately be a challenge as they have competed a tad better against 2 common opponents. All of those lost by these 2 teams though. Both teams have very good players. Cates, Tackett, Vaughn, Bass, Reeder, Plummer. This game shold be fun to watch. Smith County will be in the game with an opportunity to win it. Will they? I guess we will see. GO BIG OWLS!