Huntingdon Vs. Usj

mustangman_123

I still can`t understand all this hostility from the other region teams towards USJ. They haven`t even been really playing any of these other teams in this region but yet you`d think USJ has been kicking Milan`s, Westviews, Huntingdon`s, Gibson County`s butt forever. (well they have been kicking the pioneers butt)

A lot of you folks (not all for sure) are just showing your ignorance when you come on here and post negative things about Marley. He`s probably the best coach in this region if any of you had the smarts and guts to admit it. He takes a bunch of undersized kids and teaches them to play fundamental football. Do kids go to USJ to play sports?...Yes, but I can`t tell you how many times I`ve heard USJ parent`s say the reason is that they`ll have a better chance of getting to play rather than going to a school like JCM. A lot of these guys are just average players who just want to enjoy high school be able to play, but Marley is the one who teaches them how to play. He doesn`t have a Chris Donald now does he? Nor does he have a Markei Guy. Who does Marley have this year???? He has a superstar baseball player in Lyles who is a good athlete and 2 young sophomore QB`s who are still pretty green. And you folks are just estatic that you can beat USJ!!!! To be honest it doesn`t say much about some of the fans of your schools.

As much as I was so happy for Gibson County last year breaking their losing streak, I must say that I`m equally glad that they got punked by a weak USJ team. The Pioneers gave USJ no respect at all and got beat. I`m not saying USJ will be as good as Huntingdon has been the last few years, but each of you has your time coming when you ARE gonna get beat by a USJ team. And when you do you`ll know you have been beat by a team of average type players who have been coached very well in technique and the basics of football.

Sorry to all the knowledgeable posters here especially the folks from Milan who are pretty sensible football fans. But it just speaks volumes about folks who want to get on here and bad mouth the kids from USJ and their program.

Will Huntingdon win this game?? Most more than likely yes. Will they win this game in a few years??? I doubt it.

Dang, CT, people are gonna think your kids are going to USJ now. As for Coach Marley, the man could go anywhere he wanted to coach. Very good at what he does and with what he has. When they took the AD position away from him, I would not have blamed him for leaving, but he wanted to stay. That also speaks volumes about him. USJ is lucky to have him and to have people not associated with the school (like you) to acknowledge his abilities. It will be a couple more years before USJ competes in 7-2AA, but he will get them there. They may not dominate on a regular basis, but they will compete on a regular basis. They have a good core of kids coming up thru the ranks.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Huntingdon will win this game fairly easily. I think Huntingdon needs to try to get our offense settled where we can try to make another run in the playoffs. I dont know if its just me or what but i think they are a little behind where they should be at this point in time. Our ppg and ypg have been down a little and for us to have a chance in the playoffs i think somebody needs to step up and get it settled pretty soon. Assuming Aloca makes it to the Boro, your going to have to out score them to beat them and i do not think we can do it right now unless we r holding out or something...

JMO

they've been kickin our butts??? they beat us this year yes and yes they would have kicked our butts in the past but they didnt...cause we havent played them.... i know ur all about usj and thats cool...cause anytime someone said ANYTHING negative towards them...u post back a sec later....thats cool 2... sorry for not being a huge bruin fan..

:thumb: good luck to your cougars and bruins this week...

I wouldn`t expect you to be a huge Bruin fan, but at the same time you and others don`t talk down about other teams like you do the bruins. Is that a fair assesment?

This region is full of very good football teams. My point is that I don`t understand why everyone gets so rile up about USJ. Maybe it`s because they respect them so much. I don`t know. But I do know they get cut down more than any team in the region by fans on here.

btw..I`ve said a lot of good things about GC as well. And thanks for the good luck to my Cougars. Good Luck to GC as well.

Will Huntingdon win this game?? Most more than likely yes. Will they win this game in a few years??? I doubt it.

I'll bet money on that....well unless they start getting people for football like they do their baseball team :blink: ...opps...my mistake....nothing of that nature gose at USJ's fine campus :thumb:

A lot of you folks (not all for sure) are just showing your ignorance when you come on here and post negative things about Marley. He`s probably the best coach in this region if any of you had the smarts and guts to admit it. He takes a bunch of undersized kids and teaches them to play fundamental football. Do kids go to USJ to play sports?...Yes, but I can`t tell you how many times I`ve heard USJ parent`s say the reason is that they`ll have a better chance of getting to play rather than going to a school like JCM. A lot of these guys are just average players who just want to enjoy high school be able to play, but Marley is the one who teaches them how to play. He doesn`t have a Chris Donald now does he? Nor does he have a Markei Guy. Who does Marley have this year???? He has a superstar baseball player in Lyles who is a good athlete and 2 young sophomore QB`s who are still pretty green. And you folks are just estatic that you can beat USJ!!!! To be honest it doesn`t say much about some of the fans of your schools.

I won't argue a bit that Marley is a very good coach. Is he one of the best in the region? Maybe, time will tell. Is he the best coach in the region right now? I think there are at least 3 head coaches and staffs that are better right now.

I did find your analysis of how he takes average players and builds a team interesting. I only know of two schools in this Region right now that has a player playing in the NFL and USJ is one of them. When Marly has had talent and played a much weaker schedule he has won.

I am 100% a Mustang fan and I will admit I am biased in my opinions most of the time. However, if you look at what the Huntingdon staff has done over the years in maintaining a high level of play you will see what taking average players and making a great team is all about. Have we had some amazing athletes? You better believe it. But guess what there are teams all over west tn that have some amazing athletes that aren't winning. The coaching staff has put players in positions to succeed. They set the bar high and the players all expect to reach those goals. For the most part, Huntingdon has taken those average kids you talk about and developed a great program.

Now as far as hating on USJ. I really don't think you get it. When a student goes to USJ or other privates from one of these communities, it is almost like a slap in the face saying we don't believe the local system is good enough. Is that right or wrong? Who knows, but it is life. It might not be this way in Madison county, but out in the sticks where the rest of us live we take a LOT of pride in our schools. Just to let you know, Huntingdon has been playing USJ in every sport we play, usually in tournaments, except football and that is not because we haven't tried.

Volunteer General...

Come on man, give me a break. You live in Jackson and you send your kids to JCM by your moniker. I can tell you why people dislike USJ. (See Stang Fan's post).

Personally I think you're showing your ignorance by saying Marley is the best coach in the region. He may have been the best coach in "Small Ball" whipping up on Perry County and TCA and Middleton but not in Region 7-AA by a long shot.

Another thing VG... Kids in Jackson can attend any school I "presume" but in rural schools you have to go to the school in the district you are zoned. Wonder if this is the reason Northside is down since Liberty opened up? Big difference. What kind of team do you think Huntingdon would have if kids from all over West Tennessee wanted to play for the Mustangs?

Seems like USJ had some athletes of their own. UT and Univ. of Illinois for starters. Heck man, we're little ole corn fed boys here and don't have the luxury of astro turf facillities and an indoor baseball practice facility.

VG.. Your post about Milan not talking about USJ and being "sensible fans". Wonder why? Heck man. They've got a kid that lives on the same road as West Carroll HS who is a senior this year and should be attending WCHS. Been doing it for years too. (Can you say "Rod Smith"). We didn't bellyache when one senior transfers to McKenzie and another transfers to Northside. We play who who we have dressed out. They moved there. I know some moved to Milan and I think that's great. ** (Federal Lawsuit to take effect in 2025) we found out.

We love football here in Huntingdon and we're not dumb to think that that we'll win everygame and beat USJ or anybody for ever. That time will come when the Mustangs will be down some but I'll tell you one thing when you play the Mustangs.... Tighten those chinstraps an extra notch...

:blink:

Now stick to being a moderator and don't talk about fans and how ignorant they are. It's all in fun man.

Oh yea.. We have a gallon of grey poupon at the north end zone concession stand.. :lol: Our thanks to Fed Ex...

I believe Huntingdon will win this game fairly easily. I think Huntingdon needs to try to get our offense settled where we can try to make another run in the playoffs. I dont know if its just me or what but i think they are a little behind where they should be at this point in time. Our ppg and ypg have been down a little and for us to have a chance in the playoffs i think somebody needs to step up and get it settled pretty soon. Assuming Aloca makes it to the Boro, your going to have to out score them to beat them and i do not think we can do it right now unless we r holding out or something...

JMO

Titan I am not sur wwhat game you have been too? But in the last 4 games huntingdon has scored 48, 35, 13, and 53 points. all but the milan game the first team has been taken out either late in the third quarter or early in the 4th to keep things respective. Milna has a very good defense giving up only 13 points per game. So until you figure out what your talking about you should not post negative posts. I think the coaches are more balanced this year with throwing and running. I believe they had almost 500 yards rushing against gibson county and 650 against mkcenzie. Not to mention they havent played adamsville or anyone of that caliber this year.. And have 3 sophomore linemen starting. JMO!

I still can`t understand all this hostility from the other region teams towards USJ. They haven`t even been really playing any of these other teams in this region but yet you`d think USJ has been kicking Milan`s, Westviews, Huntingdon`s, Gibson County`s butt forever. (well they have been kicking the pioneers butt)

As much as I was so happy for Gibson County last year breaking their losing streak, I must say that I`m equally glad that they got punked by a weak USJ team. The Pioneers gave USJ no respect at all and got beat. I`m not saying USJ will be as good as Huntingdon has been the last few years, but each of you has your time coming when you ARE gonna get beat by a USJ team. And when you do you`ll know you have been beat by a team of average type players who have been coached very well in technique and the basics of football.

Sorry to all the knowledgeable posters here especially the folks from Milan who are pretty sensible football fans. But it just speaks volumes about folks who want to get on here and bad mouth the kids from USJ and their program.

as a supporter of a team that has played USJ the last 6 years prior to this, I'd like to add something here. Usj is a classy program, we were always treated with the utmost respect by them when ever we played. VG is right about Marley taking average guys and teaching them to play fundamentally sound football. They will eventually be very competative at this level just as they were at the 1A level. VG also knows how I feel about publics and privates being in the same division as well, but I won't get into that here. If I have to play against a private school, Usj is one that I would want to play...I just wish JCS was getting a dose of region 7-2A too

Titan I am not sur wwhat game you have been too? But in the last 4 games huntingdon has scored 48, 35, 13, and 53 points. all but the milan game the first team has been taken out either late in the third quarter or early in the 4th to keep things respective. Milna has a very good defense giving up only 13 points per game. So until you figure out what your talking about you should not post negative posts. I think the coaches are more balanced this year with throwing and running. I believe they had almost 500 yards rushing against gibson county and 650 against mkcenzie. Not to mention they havent played adamsville or anyone of that caliber this year.. And have 3 sophomore linemen starting. JMO!

Footballfever Im not sure what game you've been too? Maybe the only game you attended was the Liberty game. We by far are no where close to having a balanced attack! Maybe you don't understand what a balanced attack is. It's kinda where you pass the ball as many times as you run it. Right now we run almost 7 times more than we pass it. Of course, thats no where close to being balanced. :angry:

In Huntingdon a balanced attack is being able to RUN out of the Wing T, Jet, or I formations! :angry: I've listened to somebody up behind me in the stands scream for the last 6 years " Throw the ball coach!" until the Liberty game when he started screaming " It's a dad blamed shame when you cant run the ball in to score and have to pass every stinking down!" B):o