USJ Bus Crash

TheGreatLineJudge

Story link

Read this article and think about how terrifying it must have been to be on the bus. 10 players injured while on a youth group trip Friday. I had USJ a couple of times this season and remember several of the players. They're a really nice bunch of girls. I'm aware that USJ has some readers here.

I wish all of the USJ crew a quick recovery and Godspeed.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story link

Read this article and think about how terrifying it must have been to be on the bus. 10 players injured while on a youth group trip Friday. I had USJ a couple of times this season and remember several of the players. They're a really nice bunch of girls. I'm aware that USJ has some readers here.

I wish all of the USJ crew a quick recovery and Godspeed.

Yes, GLJ, this puts all things in perspective. USJ's soccer and volleyball teams are now decimated with injuries. But you know what, the parents could care less about upcoming Regionals. If not for that single tree, a bus load of 48 bodies would be at the bottom of that mountain. Sports mean very little at this time. USJ will field teams for the Regionals, but minus many starters. They will play hard, but with heavy hearts. Send your prayers. Many girls have broken bones and severe lacerations, but they survived. Survived for 4 hours in total darkness and 40 degree cold until ambulances finally arrived. They are fighters and they lived to see another day. Good luck to all teams these next couple of weeks, and good luck to the USJ teams. Remember though, keep your priorities straight for it could all be gone in an instant. These young people were very lucky.

Being a former West Tennessean, I know most of the USJ teams and especially Sue Hanson, the USJ coach and this really hits hom. This is just terrible, but could have been much, much worse. Praise God for sparing these young people. I know Coach Hanson, the players, parents, and friend would appreciate any and all thoughts, prayers, etc. that you could muster.

Sorry to hear about the bus crash. I hope all the players get well soon and best of luck to the remainder of the players tonight. I saw the bus that they use at the Franklin Tournament. It's not your typical van, but more like a small tour bus. It probably prevented any fatalities from occuring. We'll all be saying prayers for the team.

Suddath- is this the family that used to live in Chattanooga?

I believe the girls went to GPS.

Josh Suddath played b-ball at McCallie and now at Covenant.

Yes, that's the same family. They're probably the nicest people in the world. It's horrible this happened, but it's great that everyone will be okay.

I called the reporter from the Jackson Sun trying to get contact info for the coach or the school, but no return phone call. If anyone has any phone numbers or even an email address, we would like to send a personal note at least. This is a travesty averted to some degree, but the vb community should embrace these people and let them know we are thinking of them, even in this time of playoffs.

I called the reporter from the Jackson Sun trying to get contact info for the coach or the school, but no return phone call. If anyone has any phone numbers or even an email address, we would like to send a personal note at least. This is a travesty averted to some degree, but the vb community should embrace these people and let them know we are thinking of them, even in this time of playoffs.

School phone number: 731-684-0812

I'll try to find the coach's home number and email you, ivolly.

Announcements