Trousdale Co. Vs. Red Boiling Spgs.

rockytoptn1

Well don't forget the first part of that post...lol...I didn't agree with a lot of things, but your right we could have limited the turnovers...but turnovers has killed RBS all year...they've could have kept in some games if they could have limited the turnovers...but hopefully next season will be better and we can get a few W's on the scoreboard...

Good Luck next year, I have always respected the boys at RBS that play football. Maybe ya'll can break that long losing streak.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

91-0 is rediculous. I dont care how bad RBS is or how good TC's freshman are. The coaches and staff at TC should be ashamed of what they did to RBS. That's just lack of class and no one deserves to be embarrased like that. I have lost all and any respect I ever had for TC and their program. Furthermore, anyone who tries to justify the score of this game should be ashamed also. No competant person would say a beating like this is necessary.

all TC did was play football. So how are you gonna blame the second and third sting for wanting to play hard? I mean, its not like TC passed the ball all that much! If you cant stop someone from running the ball and scoring every time they touch it, then you dont belong on the field! So everyone get off TC's case, TC was just that much better, I dont hear anyone bickering about Tx Tech putting up 70 point on teams and then claiming they are going to put 100 on Indiana St.(I think) if you are that much better then tyhere is nothing you can do. SO where is the crime in playing football?

91-0 is rediculous. I dont care how bad RBS is or how good TC's freshman are. The coaches and staff at TC should be ashamed of what they did to RBS. That's just lack of class and no one deserves to be embarrased like that. I have lost all and any respect I ever had for TC and their program. Furthermore, anyone who tries to justify the score of this game should be ashamed also. No competant person would say a beating like this is necessary.

Amen. Trousdale has a great team. But satterfield should be ashamed. I listened to the game on the radio this morning, and by the 6th play of the offense TC had 21 points. Trousdale county can't stand to lose and that's why they left 3A. Nuff said. :unsure:

Good Luck next year, I have always respected the boys at RBS that play football. Maybe ya'll can break that long losing streak.

Well i'm done a graduate at RBS now...I believe last time we really won any games was my freshmen and sophomore year...I didn't play my sophomore year though I concentrated on baseball and tried getting better at that and I regret not playing because I missed playing football all year after that...I played my junior year though we only had 16 players for the majority of the year and it's really hard having to go both ways playing offense, defense, and special teams...I didn't get to play my senior year due to an eye injury but it was the same deal that year too having 16 to 18 players a majority of the year...We've always tried hard, but I got on here and saw were everyone was blaming TC for beating RBS that bad...Now don't get me wrong I didn't like some of the things that TC done, but RBS, like it was said, didn't help there own cause...

There was no need to humiliate RBS 91-0. I have seen MANY games where one team was dramatically superior than the other. I have seen coaches do many things to keep the score down; punt on first down, take a knee, run the same play on the GROUND over and over, talk with the officials and employ a running clock. And yes, in this instance, you tell your backups this:

"Gentlemen, we've obviously beat our opponent. They know it and we know it. In cases like this, good sportsmanship dictates that we don't humiliate our opponent. We've won the game but there is time left on the clock. I want you to take a knee every play. Signal to them that you will no longer keep up the attack. When they have the ball, play defense, but we will no longer attack. Shake their hands and look them in the eye when your done. Someday, you may be on the other end of such a score."

I wonder of Coach Satt looked the RBS coach in the eye.

Hey, if you guys want to see how that score feels, play with the big boys and schedule Riverdale next season. You'll see that big fishes in small ponds get eaten by sharks.

An interesting article I found about running up the score:

Running up the score is a term used in sports, although mostly in high school and college football (American), to describe a team scoring more points than necessary just for the sake of scoring more points. (This is in contrast to the accepted practice of running out the clock: pulling out most of your starters, and--in football--either kneeling or running the ball up the middle). For instance, during the 2004 college football season, Texas Tech had the ball with less than a minute to play against Southern Methodist University. Texas Tech had a two-touchdown lead, yet threw the ball six times in an attempt to increase its score. After the game, punches were thrown between the two teams. Afterwards, SMU head coach Phil Bennett said "Neither team deserved this to happen."

Running up the score is considered offensive by nearly all fans, players, and coaches, albeit with differences in opinion on how big of an insult it is. For instance, the former head coach at the University of Florida, Steve Spurrier, was infamous for running up the score.

Consequences of running up the score:

Other than the risk of injury, often a team will remember your unsportsmanlike conduct and get you back for it the next year. For example, Texas A&M ran up the score in a 73-10 home romp against Baylor University in 2003, and entered the rematch a year later as huge favorites. However, A&M was caught looking ahead to the next week's showdown vs. the University of Oklahoma, and a revenge-minded Baylor team pulled off arguably the biggest upset of the year, 35-34 in overtime. Another example of this was in 1992, when Notre Dame routed Boston College 54-7 in a game where Notre Dame coach Lou Holtz called a fake punt play late in the game, with his team possessing an enormous lead. BC, under head coach Tom Coughlin, spent the entire year looking forward to playing Notre Dame again, and ended up beating them 41-38, eventually costing Notre Dame a chance at a national championship.

I guess what goes around comes around in some way sooner or later.

all TC did was play football. So how are you gonna blame the second and third sting for wanting to play hard? I mean, its not like TC passed the ball all that much! If you cant stop someone from running the ball and scoring every time they touch it, then you dont belong on the field! So everyone get off TC's case, TC was just that much better, I dont hear anyone bickering about Tx Tech putting up 70 point on teams and then claiming they are going to put 100 on Indiana St.(I think) if you are that much better then tyhere is nothing you can do. SO where is the crime in playing football?

First of all I never blamed the first and second string for wanting to play hard. If you read my post again you will see that. Second of all, when your winning by as much as TC was you DON'T pass the ball. And third of all, you're telling me that since RBS couldn't stop TC from and running and scoring at will, then they shouldn't field a team?? Once again, I don't care how much better TC was. YOU DON'T EMBARRAS HIGH SCHOOL KIDS LIKE TC DID. This is HIGH SCHOOL football, not college, what Texas Tech says or does is irrelavent and has nothing to do with this game. When you are that much better there is something you can do, don't run the score up to 91 points. And who said there was a crime in playing football? I'll tell you: No one. Once again, those who try and justify this score are incompentant and disrespectful.

First of all, TC doesnt have to worry about Jo Byrns. MP will take care of them. Second, I know TC has under 30 players but I'm sure you have one or two players that isnt a good running back. Give them the ball. MP has had a few games this year where the officials kept the clock running no matter what. I've seen MP up big and the third and fourth quarter took about 10 to 15 min to play total. I blame the officials too for letting the score get that bad. MP had CA beat bad and the officials wouldnt let the game get to far out of hand as they called close to 20 penelties on MP. Ohh yea CA was ranked 6th in the state at the time too. Good luck TC, I hope MP sees ya in Murfreesboro.

First of all, TC doesnt have to worry about Jo Byrns. MP will take care of them. Second, I know TC has under 30 players but I'm sure you have one or two players that isnt a good running back. Give them the ball. MP has had a few games this year where the officials kept the clock running no matter what. I've seen MP up big and the third and fourth quarter took about 10 to 15 min to play total. I blame the officials too for letting the score get that bad. MP had CA beat bad and the officials wouldnt let the game get to far out of hand as they called close to 20 penelties on MP. Ohh yea CA was ranked 6th in the state at the time too. Good luck TC, I hope MP sees ya in Murfreesboro.

Good Luck to you, too. Hope to see ya in the 'Boro

Amen. Trousdale has a great team. But satterfield should be ashamed. I listened to the game on the radio this morning, and by the 6th play of the offense TC had 21 points. Trousdale county can't stand to lose and that's why they left 3A. Nuff said. :thumb:

yeah they were so awful in 3A huh. upsetting the powerhouse portland to get to the semi's jus to lose to AE who won it that year. then dominating the next year. bein ranked #1 and losin to fulton in the semi's who won it all that year. they competed jus fine. they r in single A for a reason. size. 30 people on a team. oh and about passin the ball. they did run it alot. it jus so happens almost every pass they threw went for a TD. RBS had somethin like 8 TOs. what were they supposed to stop tacklin too. let this game go. its over. everyone knew it would be a blowout and it was. no surprise.

yeah they were so awful in 3A huh. upsetting the powerhouse portland to get to the semi's jus to lose to AE who won it that year. then dominating the next year. bein ranked #1 and losin to fulton in the semi's who won it all that year. they competed jus fine. they r in single A for a reason. size. 30 people on a team. oh and about passin the ball. they did run it alot. it jus so happens almost every pass they threw went for a TD. RBS had somethin like 8 TOs. what were they supposed to stop tacklin too. let this game go. its over. everyone knew it would be a blowout and it was. no surprise.

Amen....Good Luck to the owls next week.