Should We Push Harder For Double Elimination?

CoachGonyeaSHS

Sommers....thanks for the invite. I'll be helping run the one down here with Bud Hennebaul. I don't have all the details yet, but when I get them I'll pass them on.

I have the easy part....organizing the computer side of things for entering results and bracketing. It'll be a little tougher this time keeping up 5 tournaments and 12 mats, but it should be a neat sight to see 5 finals (1A - 5A)...side by side in the Gwinnett Arena.

I almost forgot, Georgia weighs out on Friday and the guys look forward to that last weigh in.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgia still allows administrative morning weigh-ins and night before weigh outs. Understand that this is contrary to the NFHS rules. Georgia has decided to go out on its own with its weigh in rules. Now everybody that access to one, open your rule book to the first couple of pages. There you will find the rulesmaking committee for high school wrestling. Ronnie Carter, director of TSSAA, is one of those individuals. It is highly, highly, bet your life on it, unlikely that TSSAA deviates from the rules as written by that committee of individuals. Get over it. I ain't happening.

As far as double elimination is concerned I would love to have it.

Edited by CoachDelgado

Georgia still allows administrative morning weigh-ins and night before weigh outs. Understand that this is contrary to the NFHS rules. Georgia has decided to go out on its own with its weigh in rules. Now everybody that access to one, open your rule book to the first couple of pages. There you will find the rulesmaking committee for high school wrestling. Ronnie Carter, director of TSSAA, is one of those individuals. It is highly, highly, bet your life on it, unlikely that TSSAA deviates from the rules as written by that committee of individuals. Get over it. I ain't happening.

There are lots of things that could be adapted to TSSAA thru Ronnie Carter if he so chooses to do so and adhere to what coaches are highly concerned.

It has happend this year that a naional rule to be modified-changed in regards to TN coaches------The non stopage of match for warning off. wrestler now when on their feet.

So if enough coach like changes thenget the ideas to Ronnie and TSSAA, change wrestling for the better of the sport.

There are lots of things that could be adapted to TSSAA thru Ronnie Carter if he so chooses to do so and adhere to what coaches are highly concerned.

It has happend this year that a naional rule to be modified-changed in regards to TN coaches------The non stopage of match for warning off. wrestler now when on their feet.

So if enough coach like changes thenget the ideas to Ronnie and TSSAA, change wrestling for the better of the sport.

We should push for double-Elim. and go back to 4 from every region and let these guys wrestle into the tourney thru pigtail. And the weigh-outs would be great. Why we are at it lets get ride of the 1 1/2% of body weight per week rule for weight mgmt.

Mr. Cater would probably not consider any of these. It would also be great to have TN. devided into large and small 2 classes not 3 or 5 but 2. This would put things more even and I believe help grow the sport in our state.

We should push for double-Elim. and go back to 4 from every region and let these guys wrestle into the tourney thru pigtail. And the weigh-outs would be great. Why we are at it lets get ride of the 1 1/2% of body weight per week rule for weight mgmt.

Mr. Cater would probably not consider any of these. It would also be great to have TN. devided into large and small 2 classes not 3 or 5 but 2. This would put things more even and I believe help grow the sport in our state.

:thumb:

Where in the title of this topic does it say that this is a Ronnie Carter Bashing session. Ronnie Carter has made some great things happen. My point was, should we push for double elimination...like maybe have a united front to present the idea...Instead we have chosen to bash a man...

This is really disturbing...

CoachGonyeaSHS

Where in the title of this topic does it say that this is a Ronnie Carter Bashing session. Ronnie Carter has made some great things happen. My point was, should we push for double elimination...like maybe have a united front to present the idea...Instead we have chosen to bash a man...

This is really disturbing...

CoachGonyeaSHS

Where do you see the bashing of Ronnie Carter? He has done alot for TN wrestling, but it takes coaches to get to him to get things done!!

Coach G if you are refering to my post I am not bashing anyone. I just believe he would not consider any of these points. Whether it is double elim. the weight outs or anything alot of us believe might be good for the sport. Wrestling is a sport that is hard to promote in my area and school, and through my travels I have found that it is that way in alot of areas; not just Tn. We need to do things to grow the sport we love, we need to make it more so more people can be exposed. More of us need chances to win. I was not knocking RC.