Gomab Player Rankings?

redandwhiteforever

Your right people from Temple should no alot more about recruiting than me... The point I am raising is what is Tennessee or Stanford (or any divison one team for that matter) gonna to with a 6'3 PF? He is two slow to play a 2 or 3 and would be a major liability on the defensive side of the court on any division 1 team. If Seth signs D1 basketball I will be the first to admitt I was wrong.

ok -mabey i was a little strong- seth will never play power forward in college- jake had to play 4 and 5 in high school and now he is a 2 guard- i don't think you can judge whether or not he is two slow when he has 2 years and 2 summers to work on his game- after seeing jake his sophomore year I (as well as you) would have probably concluded HE was two slow to play 2 or 3- but people change and work..esp on their weaknesses- Seth will NOT sign D-1 basketball b/c he will be playing D-1 football- but I think that other people with an eye for talent KNOW he could play at the D-1 level....

Edited by LoveIt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right people from Temple should no alot more about recruiting than me... The point I am raising is what is Tennessee or Stanford (or any divison one team for that matter) gonna to with a 6'3 PF? He is two slow to play a 2 or 3 and would be a major liability on the defensive side of the court on any division 1 team. If Seth signs D1 basketball I will be the first to admitt I was wrong.

The dude is just a Junior for crying out loud. A whole lot can change in two years time. Heck -- even Michael Jordan didn't make the varsity b-ball team in high school. Now, I know Seth is no MJ -- but he has two more years of playing high school basketball for heaven's sake!! He has a lot to prove before we start talking about whether or not he will play D1 college basketball.

If there is still enough interest for them, I will have them out by Nov 15th... Seems there was a TON of interest (positive, negative, etc) in the past for the rankings, yet the interest has died down over the last year or so... I do the rankings for colleges and other scouting services, but have posted them on here in the past for reader's enjoyment and discussion...

i was just wondering if u have seen any of the kids from LAKE COUNTY play?

ok -mabey i was a little strong- seth will never play power forward in college- jake had to play 4 and 5 in high school and now he is a 2 guard- i don't think you can judge whether or not he is two slow when he has 2 years and 2 summers to work on his game- after seeing jake his sophomore year I (as well as you) would have probably concluded HE was two slow to play 2 or 3- but people change and work..esp on their weaknesses- Seth will NOT sign D-1 basketball b/c he will be playing D-1 football- but I think that other people with an eye for talent KNOW he could play at the D-1 level....

Jake was a whole different player than Seth I do not believe Jake played a 4 in High school. You have to be super athletic to play d1 basketball (unless your really talle of have an incredable shot) and i just don see seth doing that i know he is young but time will tell.

mercer as well as liberty and carson newman as well as gardner webb are looking at him for basketball as well as football- THESE ARE FACTS- and these are all DIV-1 schools-

know things b/f you talk...

I don't have a dog in the fight, I've never seen any of the Skogans play. But if we are wanting to stick to facts then somebody needs to point out that Carson Newman is Div. II

http://www2.ncaa.org/sports/winter/basketb...mens/index.html

I would like to make a statement before Gomab puts up his rankings...

Remember folks, he is one person...and it's solely his opinion. If you don't like where your kids are ranked (or not ranked), then don't rake him over the coals...just start your own rankings....He puts alot of his own time in these projects and rarely gets the thanks that he deserves.

That's all...

Remember folks, he is one person...and it's solely his opinion. If you don't like where your kids are ranked (or not ranked), then don't rake him over the coals...just start your own rankings....He puts alot of his own time in these projects and rarely gets the thanks that he deserves.

That's all...

Very well said. Gomab does not get the credit he deserves.

That's all...

I believe he does a great job...Myself and L.C. Balla was just wondering does he actually see all these players himself and if not ,is he just ranking the players he has seen?

Very well said. Gomab does not get the credit he deserves.

It must be pointed out that this comment too is just an opinion. Some believe and I happen to be one of them, that Gomab gets way too much credit and that he plays favorites. I am not putting him down, everyone does this, but I have read on here for years and watched the rankings very closely, there is no doubt that he has bias, again, as does everyone. If I ranked them, I would have bias you cannot escape this. I only wish that this was admitted by all.

I believe he does a great job...Myself and L.C. Balla was just wondering does he actually see all these players himself and if not ,is he just ranking the players he has seen?

This is just my point. He does not see all the players he ranks, or he sees them once and others many times, he has admitted this in the past. So he sees a player once, and the kid doesn't impress, maybe a bad game, or playing injured, and he is forever behind kids that he can run circles around but that Gomab sees often, or kids that played for his AAU team and they DEFINATELY have an advantage. Again, that is completely understandable. My problem is that people pay attention to this stuff and whereas it helps some kids, it also hurts others.

Once you are on a school's mailing list, you will get several letters a week from the coaches, trainers, etc. from that school. Letters, even visits, mean very little until the coach comes to your house, sits down with you and offers you the scholarship. I am not saying that any of these players won't go to a big school, but you certainly can't judge it by the letters. Schools like UT and Stanford have literally hundreds of players on their contact lists. It is great to be on the list, but it does not mean they are going to sign you.