Kingston

knight2

I watched Brooke play when she played in Junior High for the Green Waves. Based on your comments and what I saw when she played at Midway, you dont have a clue what you're talking about. If you actually played with Brooke during Jr. High, I know you dont know what you're talking about because Brooke was the only player Midway had. No other player on the Lady Waves team was very good, thats why they continued to lose. It sounds like you might be upset because she transferred to Kingston and now the Lady Waves have lost the only player they once had. Brooke continues to get better and will be a tremendous asset to the Lady Jackets.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont know how well Kingston will do this year but I would like to say something about Brooke! I have played with her in the past and she is not all that people make her out to be! Now I am not saying that she is a bad player or isnt good. She does crack under pressure and she may be a good rebounder but when we played together and when I have watched her she likes to fall some when she does get the rebound which will cause a turn over because of a walk! I will give her props though she has gotten better over the years. Also, I think Katie is a good player she seems to know what she is doing out there.Anyways good luck to everyone this year!

I agree with bballnuts on this one. Brooke is a very good player and you must just be jealous because Brooke changed schools. When i was in middle school and Kingston played Midway we always were told to guard 1 player and not let them score or get the ball, and that player was Brooke. The reason why was because Brooke could shoot, pass, rebound, and had good handles. And over her freshman year Brooke increased these skills, and now she is ten times better than she was in Middle School. But Brooke can improve even more, and i expect by her Senior year she will be better than almost anyone out there from any other school school. But she does need to work on somethings, and if she gets them down, like shooting some outside shots and hitting her low shots consistently then she will be an unstoppable player. And i think that she will before she graduates highschool, and maybe even before this season is over.

The lady jackets lost another one to Lenoir City last night, 44-34. Once again their outside shooting killed them!!!! What is it going to take to convince the girls and the coaches that they have a better chance at winning if they get the ball inside to their post players? If its a case of the post players (Gentry, Smith and Martin) not being open, then those 3 need to step up their agressiveness and get open! The lady jackets have talented girls, they just refuse to take the next step up to become a better team. Consistency is another area where they must improve. Against Clinton, Gentry and Smith each had 19 pts, against Scott County, I believe Gentry had 13 and Smith had 21 pts. Now against Lenoir City, who isnt too much better than Kingston or Scott County, I'm not positive but I think Gentry had 4 pts and Smith had 2. If those two players cant become consistent where the team knows they can count on them to score, Kingston Lady Jackets will continue to struggle.

The Lady Jackets play CAK tomorrow night at Kingston. As long as they dont go into this game overlooking CAK, they should come away with a win. This game should present an opportunity for this young team to work their inside game. If they cant get the ball to their post players against CAK, its gonna mean trouble for the rest of their season. Also, their point guards and wings should take advantage of shooting field goals, not necessarily 3 pointers, maybe just inside the 3 point range. Once they build their confidence up and begin hitting these shots, they can move to the 3 point arc. Good luck ladies.

When did this 6'3 post player join the team? She's not listed on their roster anywhere that I've seen. How much playing time does she get? I looked at their record and from what it shows, the only team they've beat is Catholic and so far everyone is beating Catholic. I've heard Kingston beat them during the summer but that doesnt mean much. Hopefully both teams show up to play ball and it will be a good ballgame.

When did this 6'3 post player join the team? She's not listed on their roster anywhere that I've seen. How much playing time does she get? I looked at their record and from what it shows, the only team they've beat is Catholic and so far everyone is beating Catholic. I've heard Kingston beat them during the summer but that doesnt mean much. Hopefully both teams show up to play ball and it will be a good ballgame.

Is the scoreboard correct? CAK by 3?

Yes, the score board it correct!! The final was 45-42 in Overtime. CAK's new post player, 6'3, caused some problems but Smith did a pretty good job containing her considering Smith is 5'10. Kingston failed to hit a 3 last night even though they shot 11 or 12. They pressed almost the entire game even though CAK didnt have much trouble breaking it. In the second half, it appeared Kingston started getting the ball inside and they outscored CAK by 9 in the 4th qtr. Laura Fielden played a good game, she was able to penetrate the lane and was probably Kingston's high scorer. The bottom line in this, when you cant hit the 3's yet the coach allows you to continue to shoot them, when you press and it isnt working yet the coach continues to do so for the entire game and when the coach subs more than any team in east tn, its not entirely the girls fault. Kingston girls have talent, its up to their coach to develop it! For the past several years, the girls basketball team has had better talent than what their win - loss record indicates. Maybe its time to put some of the blame where it should go, coaching. I just happen to be at the game last night and there were a lot of questions being asked about why the coaches do the things they do. Of course, its no different than what they've done for years. They continue to do the same thing even though they lose.

Yes, the score board it correct. Kingston lost in OT. Kingston has talent, but until their coaches develop this talent, they will continue to struggle just as they have over the past 4 or 5 years. There are 2 things they need to do in order to begin having a chance at winning:

1) Quit shooting the 3's - They shot 11 or 12 last night and didnt hit any!! This is basically the same as a turnover. And they werent just off last night, their 3 point shooting has been terrible all year.

2) Stop pressing!!! - There's nothing wrong with pressing under certain circumstances and if it works. However, they have been pressing all season for most of the entire game and they have yet to slow down a team. Last night, CAK had no trouble at all breaking the press yet the coach continued to do it the entire game.

Oh, and just to make a point about the decision making of their coaches, they never stopped them from shooting the 3 during the game, however, with 12 seconds left in OT and Kingston had the ball and they were down by 3, they shot a 2 pointer. Go figure.

The girls are young as I've stated before, but what does that have to do with stopping them from shooting from the 3 point area? They're killing themselves, especially when they go 0 for 12 like last night!!! As for your statement about the press, there's never been a press in the History of Basketball that takes 2 years to learn!!!! You're not teaching Monkeys, these are talented girls. You say to lay off the coaches, I'm just curious who you think is responsibe for the way this team and the teams of the past 3 or 4 years have played?? They've had several talented teams but because the COACHES havent developed this talent, none of Kingstons teams have reached their full potential, just like the current team. As long as these coaches continue to wait on a group of girls that have enough natural talent to make it on their own, the lady jackets are in for tough times. Oh, and thats not just my opinion, thats the opinion of numerous fans that attended last nights game.

I think Kingston has a lot of potential, but I doubt they'll start clicking until after Chrstmas simply because of the youth. They will need to hit some jumpers as the season goes on to loosen the defense, not necessarily threes, but they have to make some outside shots in order to loosen up the defense. If they do this then Brooke and Tayler will start getting easier shots around the basket.