Are You Blind Ref ?

MO$$$$

Like most Officials you didnt answer any of the questions I asked, I'm done with this now but your like most Officials you want to complain about how you are treated but you dont want to step-up when you mess up and apparently most everything I asked, must have been right on, cause you couldn't answer.

Your right. keep sitting in the crowd, And opening the door for the real officials each Friday night and feel good about yourself. See ya at the game, I'll be the one in the stripe shirt!!!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right. keep sitting in the crowd, And opening the door for the real officials each Friday night and feel good about yourself. See ya at the game, I'll be the one in the stripe shirt!!!!!

Did I open a can of worms or what? I thought I was blind and the select few Officals had 20/20. Bottom line folks, you have good offical teams, and ones that need new programs. Just like some football teams. Pray the good ones inspire the not so good ones. The kids are learning a lesson from it all however. Life aint fair. Also the ones in charge sometimes abuses the authority, and makes it them against us. Chooses sides and ruins the entire evening for the kids and fans. Both teams suffer. Who would want go home proud they won a game on a bad call? Get the idea Officals? Everyone makes mistakes, but you have a choice to pick up the flag and make it a no call. Better to look foolish at times than to cheat a kid out of his accomplishments. Cant we all just be just a bit more considerate of what this is all about? Its about the kids. Its not professional ball. None of the officals have a chance at a college education for outstanding play. Help the kids, officals make fair calls. If you are in it for the money get out. I would do it for gas money just to watch the games. Thats just because I cant afford the gas. Thats also from people in charge making bad calls. Nuf said...

:thumb:

For the most part I think the officials do a fine job. There's always one crew that messes it up for everyone. We had them twice this year and they get worse everytime we have them. This crew I speak of wanted to flag the home team because Sr. night went too long. Give me a break! Our team averages around 7-10 penalties a game. Everytime we have this crew we approach 20-25 penalties. I wont name names but we've had the same crew at our Huntland game the past two years and this last game that we hosted CA. Not crying sour grapes because our team overcame the officials lack of professionalism and won all 3 games. I would like to see the supervisors of officials get more involved and actually watch game films of all the crews. The way its done now is usually each crew has one game a year where a supervisor will come and observe. The crews usually know beforehand that they are being watched and you get tainted results. It ends up being a lovefest, everybody hugs and goes home. No constructive criticism, just tell me where I go next and what time my buddies need to meet me there.

You wrong on this one...I know the crew that called the CA game and they didn't say anything about Senior Night...they were waiting for the CA team to arrive. CA didn't get to the field until about 10 minutes before kick off. They had done their warm ups somewhere else and stepped off the bus dressed. The game started about 5 minutes late and no flag was thrown for delay of game. Also there wasn't 20 -25 penalties that night and from where I was standing the only penalty that the MP Coach questioned was a holding call on a long pass play and I think you got a break in that one. If I'd been the official I'd called Pass Interference, but that's why they get paid and I don't.

Wad, I stand up for officials because it is a harder job than most people realize. You will never make everyone happy as long as one team has to lose. Keep doing your job and be proud that you are a part of a great fraternity. But, you are a TSSAA official, getting on coacht and responding to people that obviously don't appreciate you is not a good idea. Have thicker skin and keep from arguing with them or atleast be anonymous! By doing this, you are making your colleagues support everything you post.

You wrong on this one...I know the crew that called the CA game and they didn't say anything about Senior Night...they were waiting for the CA team to arrive. CA didn't get to the field until about 10 minutes before kick off. They had done their warm ups somewhere else and stepped off the bus dressed. The game started about 5 minutes late and no flag was thrown for delay of game. Also there wasn't 20 -25 penalties that night and from where I was standing the only penalty that the MP Coach questioned was a holding call on a long pass play and I think you got a break in that one. If I'd been the official I'd called Pass Interference, but that's why they get paid and I don't.

The end man was begging the head referee to throw a delay flag on the Tigers for getting their captains out late for the coin toss. MP was penalized 21 times and trust me the MP coach questioned more than one call. The holding call was a "ghost call", the film don't lie. I got all the respect in the world for most officials but there's a couple guys on that crew that have no place in high school athletics knowing how they conduct themselves.

Edited by mphstigerfan

Wad, I stand up for officials because it is a harder job than most people realize. You will never make everyone happy as long as one team has to lose. Keep doing your job and be proud that you are a part of a great fraternity. But, you are a TSSAA official, getting on coacht and responding to people that obviously don't appreciate you is not a good idea. Have thicker skin and keep from arguing with them or atleast be anonymous! By doing this, you are making your colleagues support everything you post.

Thanks for the advice, But all i Say is the truth. My skin is very thick, It got that way from 25 years of doing this stuff. All I want is for people to stop and think. Sometimes were going to miss some. Some will miss more than others. but until you are out there and the speed of the game is in high gear. You cant know what it is like. I can set in the stands and see a lot of things I think should be called. but like I said leave it to the guys on the field. They get 85 to 95% of the fouls in a game. Thats all you can ask. How about the QB 90% Passing, see what I mean

Thanks for the advice, But all i Say is the truth. My skin is very thick, It got that way from 25 years of doing this stuff. All I want is for people to stop and think. Sometimes were going to miss some. Some will miss more than others. but until you are out there and the speed of the game is in high gear. You cant know what it is like. I can set in the stands and see a lot of things I think should be called. but like I said leave it to the guys on the field. They get 85 to 95% of the fouls in a game. Thats all you can ask. How about the QB 90% Passing, see what I mean

The thing is you really don't have to plead your case with me. I know what it is like. I am a TSSAA official myself (not football). These boards are no place for us to argue about the job we do. We can't win, just got to do the job. There will always be people upset as long as someone has to lose the game. All we can do is take care of what is between the white lines.

The thing is you really don't have to plead your case with me. I know what it is like. I am a TSSAA official myself (not football). These boards are no place for us to argue about the job we do. We can't win, just got to do the job. There will always be people upset as long as someone has to lose the game. All we can do is take care of what is between the white lines.

6 pair of eyes, sometimes 7, that can only look in one direction at a time for 22 players on the team ... and with that i am sure the refs don't watch film, so they don't know what play is coming. Bodies going everywhere in a matter of 3-5 seconds...I'd say they do a durn good job.

Again, y'all are beating a dead horse here. The only way to fix this for those who don't like it is for them to go take the test, and try it out for themselves.

Of course, that is after you run the clock for 2-3 years ... someday you'll get a white hat if you can stand the travel and the sometimes indigestable bean burgers or the heart attack ready popcorn at the game, the hate for the black and white, the fans who think that their child can't do anything wrong, the want to stay alive because of that one bone-head crazy who knows it all after some games and the getting there early and getting home late on fridays. Gah, you gotta love this game. :lol:

I can handle a few missed calls but I have seen some pretty obvious calls blown this year. In the CA Huntland game both wingbacks for Huntland went in motion at the same time and ran into each other right behind the quarterback, there was no illegal motion called. Everyone in the stadium is looking at the quarterback at the begining of the play. How could they miss this one? I can see a missed hold or block in the back but that no call was inexcusable.