Why so much hype about Trousdale Co.?

u-nv-me

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is crying. Not me. I hope Trousdale or some other 1A dominates the league for years and years. The privates made the league a little more interesting. They came in took their lumps, developed programs and made it to the top. Well that didn' sit well so they are gone. It will be someone who dominates year end and year out now that the privates are gone. At least with them in it was someone different every year for the past 5 years. Now it will be one maybe two publics who will win year end and year out. I guess that will be ok.

...funny, have you counted the gold balls or w/l record of TC during the last decade they played in 1A? What people fail to understand is that this is not a new development, it goes back to the 60's. Young people who do not have the historical knowledge tend to focus on a year or two and call it a trend. This is how the "escape to 3A" monologue began. Try 30 data points, it will lead you to enlightenment.

Formible opponents? Hmmmm........I don't think they are around middle Tenn. If all goes as planned, they will be victorious over G'ville, but I don't think they'll row over and play dead-look for a W for TCHS.

Region 6 is just the toughest 1A region in the state. Our 5th place team was 7-3. The Region TC is in, what was their 3rd and 4th place records? See MP doesnt play cupcakes week in and week out like most east tn schools do. You are lucky you will not have to face a middle or west TN school until the BORO.

Edited by junglefever

Region 6 is just the toughest 1A region in the state. Our 5th place team was 7-3. The Region TC is in, what was their 3rd and 4th place records? See MP doesnt play cupcakes week in and week out like most east tn schools do. You are lucky you will not have to face a middle or west TN school until the BORO.

Now I thought region 1 is the weakist region in the state according to everone else. At least region 4 has 2 and 3A teams that will play 1A teams.

Trousdale has always had a great program. The Satterfields just have a talent for coaching football. Jacket fans are die-hard and devoted win or loose. Football around here is more than just a sport its more of a faith. You would do well to find a family that has lived in Trousdale county for very long that hasn't had a close family member play Jacket football at some point (father, son, uncle.ext)

I believe there are Two teams from the same region(4) that must play each other Friday night... Since this is the 3rd round . You can't say that about any other region this yr, look at you brackets ( 2 teams from the same region having to play Friday to earn the right to get to the 4th round)... Also I might add, one of these teams have taken care of a #3 & #1 seed from the far East . Now, the other "who we all know" , had to play a team out of the far East #4 seed and then had to play a #3 seed. (which happend to be from the same region of "guess who", because this #3 seed beat a #2 seed from the far East).

Now lets take a look at the Strength of schedule: ( you can check for your self )

1-A Ranking Region

Frienship 4th 4

Trousdale 21st 4

Mt.Pleasent 23rd 6

Union City 29th 7

Coalfield 42nd 2

Jo byrns 45th 5

Jackson Chr 56th 8

Hampton 58th 1

Looks like Friday night we will "for sure" have a Region 4 team in the 4th round.

Oh, we can "for sure" guess who that will be...................

Ok, now we know region 4 is the strongest, after FC beat South Pitt. TC is gonna roll over whoever gets in the way, it just happens to be FC this wk, they're high powered offense is unstoppable. The defense is the best in the state. Go Jackets

I`ll agree ...the only difference between TC and FC is we were born with gold balls and not spoons in there mouths.

Didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth. 3A has some good teams. Obviously Clint moved TC to 3A because 1A and 2A he didn't think he'd compete as well. Unfortuately it has given your YELLOW jackets quite a name.

Are you saying that we moved to 3A to get away from competition. It is 3A. 3A. That means that schools there are bigger than 2 and 1 As. Do you understand that, or are you stupid? They are bigger and better. TC moved up to 3A not to get away from competition but to get closer. They moved to 3A to play Smith, Macon, Portland. These are rival games. They pack them 10,000 deep sometimes. Have you ever seen two private schools play in front of 10,000. NOPE, not even 5A. Those games made TC a huge amout of money at the gate, privates bring no one. I wish we were playing South Pitt, cause they bring a load. Privates have like 25 fans. The games ain't exciting if no one is there to watch. We don't dodge competition or pressure, we welcome it. So bring it on. NOthing new to us. This private crap needs to be cut out. I believe they have a league for privates. It is DII. Go play there where you belong. Other states separate them totally, GA does. Without public schools you would be nothing, nobody would be at the games.

Sic em 419,Any yall seen hide nor hair of that toof fairy lately,it jus ain`t as gratifying, without seein him get anew one tore ever time he posts. Standby dbl & jfan90 we`ll git im up & runnin shortly. Times runnin out . Got to get his plugs in perty quick,cuz tmoro nights gonna end his oppertunity to run us hayseeds down. HEEEEERE Toofy toofy tooofy.