Ooltewah @ farragut

denlron

Definately...I don't think the Owls trouble with the pass has as much to do with the secondary as it does the lack of pressure being put on the opposing QBs. The QBs have 10 minutes to throw the ball because we bring 3 down linemen and that's it. Last week when we started stunting some LBs, it was totally different. I want our LBs to pound the opposing QB all night...in any game. Get into the backfield and cause some trouble!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooltewah wouldn't be as susceptible to the pass if they would blitz and get more pressure on the qb, it seems as if you never see any of the linebackers blitzing..last year with gatewood, burke, mcdade, and ibarguen would constantly be in the backfield causing pressure..i believe this is what ooltewah needs a little more of

I agree that would be a great help, but so far I haven't seen that in this team. They play very soft in the secondary, and it almost burned them last week late in the game against Dobyns Bennett. What would make us think they are going to change that this week? We haven't seen it all year long.

The talent is there to bring the blitz, but they just haven't done much of it.

Definately...I don't think the Owls trouble with the pass has as much to do with the secondary as it does the lack of pressure being put on the opposing QBs. The QBs have 10 minutes to throw the ball because we bring 3 down linemen and that's it. Last week when we started stunting some LBs, it was totally different. I want our LBs to pound the opposing QB all night...in any game. Get into the backfield and cause some trouble!

I agree, I am very tired of hearing about how bad the secondary has played. The bottom line is we have not put pressure on anyones QB. Those DB's can't cover receivers for 10-15 seconds. If you give most QB's that kind of time we have been giving them someone will come open.

If it were me I would put eight men in the box bring the blitz 75% of the time and put my corners in jam coverage on the wide outs. The last game Farragut ran a lot on us so this time we need to make them one dimensional like they did us in the second half. The speed of Ooltewah Defense is above average and they should use this to their advantage and make Farragut make bad decisions with an occasional turnover and good field position. Take notes from the Oak Ridge game and Farraguts game last week. The Owls need to go for the jugular and never let up because Farragut will be trying to do the same to us. JMO

Ill give Farragut credit their defense is good but Ooltewah has one of the best offenses in the state. Farragut won the last game primarily because Ooltewah turned it over way too many times. Ooltewah is playing with confidence now and i expect them to win this game. (As long as they dont turn it over 8 times)

I see Ootlewah taking this one. They are peaking at the right time. Farragut has had a good year, but I think they were exposed at OR and may not have recovered from that one yet. Ootlewah has the best offense I have seen in high school ball in quite some time, they are healthy now and really playing with alot of confidence. Without the turnovers, they are going to be hard to stop. Can the Farragut offense keep pace? As a fan I would rather play Farragut, but I know the kids want Ootlewah.

Ootlewah 34

Farragut 14

I'm not sure if Farragut can pass or not but Ooltewah was very succeptable to the pass over the top Friday night against DB. DB missed a ton of opportunities that could have turned that game the other way. Add to that the no call on a blatant hold of Coty Sensabaugh when he was breaking free deep late in the game. But I digress! Not taking anything away from the Owls, after all they did travel 4 hours to play and they are very big and talented. They ran it down DBs throat early in the game. Caldwell is very good....how is his health because I know he was a little gimpy during the game? Not that it showed because he kept running hard and did make the interception in OT. Not sure how Ooltewah dropped to a #4 seed with that talent.

Hey Sergeant...you know the right people - help get our LBs to blitx more! The past three years, Ooltewah has had an outside linebacker lead the are ain sacks/tackle for losses. One of them is still there this year...he just doesn't get to blitz!

I would send your Bro on every single down because he is that good but I am not the coach yes I know 3 of them well and played against one but MO's are mine and they are the ones in control I do express things to one of them because we grew up together and he is like a brother to me but I would never tell the other coaches MO unless they asked. I have the utmost respect for everyone on the Owls coaching staff and believe most of them are geniuses of the grid iron and once they iron out all the kinks everyone better watch out. Like I said before the speed of our defense is key for our success each week in order to be successful we need someone to step up and take charge and everything else will fall into place. Yes I would blitz your brother from the backside ever down but I would also put Clark on the opposite side of the blitz to squeeze the play rather than the QB or another player to escape to the sidelines. I would also put the corners in jam coverage to eliminate the quick passes and hope they would try 3 and five foot drops rather than 1 this would give us ample time for the sack / turnover. Our DB's are very good better than what people give them credit for and I also agree the QB has to much time to throw the ball and you never want a Quarterback to ever get comfortable because when they do its like shooting free throws we need to make them earn it and if we get beat on the play so be it but make sure that someone is in his face each time he throws it because if we do that its hard to get in a rhythm. I notice too that we need to put our hands up and jump more on pass plays to attempt the knock the ball down, that's just an observation I have seen thus far. Go Owls!

I would send your Bro on every single down because he is that good but I am not the coach yes I know 3 of them well and played against one but MO's are mine and they are the ones in control I do express things to one of them because we grew up together and he is like a brother to me but I would never tell the other coaches MO unless they asked. I have the utmost respect for everyone on the Owls coaching staff and believe most of them are geniuses of the grid iron and once they iron out all the kinks everyone better watch out. Like I said before the speed of our defense is key for our success each week in order to be successful we need someone to step up and take charge and everything else will fall into place. Yes I would blitz your brother from the backside ever down but I would also put Clark on the opposite side of the blitz to squeeze the play rather than the QB or another player to escape to the sidelines. I would also put the corners in jam coverage to eliminate the quick passes and hope they would try 3 and five foot drops rather than 1 this would give us ample time for the sack / turnover. Our DB's are very good better than what people give them credit for and I also agree the QB has to much time to throw the ball and you never want a Quarterback to ever get comfortable because when they do its like shooting free throws we need to make them earn it and if we get beat on the play so be it but make sure that someone is in his face each time he throws it because if we do that its hard to get in a rhythm. I notice too that we need to put our hands up and jump more on pass plays to attempt the knock the ball down, that's just an observation I have seen thus far. Go Owls!

I agree...I don't remember alot of pressure on the Tribe QB Friday night and he had the opportunities deep...just a little over thrown. About the blitzing thing...that is how DB has survived against the bigger teams (Ooltewah, OR, etc). They are smaller usually than the opponent and they just shoot guys around to keep the QB from getting comfortable and pick us apart and also to help with containment. It has worked well and helped many a Tribe team be competitive and win many games when they were physically overmatched by a bigger team. Just my observation...I don't have a dog in the race (and no team to pull for :D )

I will have to say one thing...whoever does the graphics and maintains the website for Ooltewah football does a top notch job. I love the helmet graphic of the upcoming opponent. The best high school football website I have seen...kudos

Thank IMAOWL I think he puts a lot into it as well as others but I do know he does. Great job