Livingston Academy at Austin East

jtidwell

LA has a similar situation with Mike Jones-Larue. He is a powerful runner and probally the second fastest on the team. He plays FB and we almost always choose to run him straight up the gut instead of getting him outside where he can out run big guys and run over smaller DB's... :oB) LA-35 AE-33

OldCatFan I guess we are the only 2 people who wonder or care about Mike Jones!? Why is he not being used like he should be?Has something happened on that team that we don't know about or is he just not as good as he used to be?

I don't know what happened but to go from ALL STATE TAILBACK as a FRESHMAN @ Monterey to a seldom used FULLBACK in his senior year @ LA makes you wonder. :lol:

We have a great runner here at Cookeville(Tyler Wolf) but I guarantee Coach Joslin would be giving Jones the ball a bunch too if he was here!

By the way,good luck LA against AE.

We here in Cookeville are pulling for you! :thumb:

THE SQUAD :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope LA pulls off the upset but they are playing AE at home enough said. AE like always has a great team they dominated TC a few years back in the semis. LA has the best team we faced all season and we were lucky to come away with a win The Cates kid and their running back are phenomonal, class act all the way. Very well coached and diciplined football team very talented all across the board.I hope LA can win but, AE are very imtimidating at home and with a great fan support to boot I feel AE pulls away in this on 28-7 again I say GO LA.

OldCatFan I guess we are the only 2 people who wonder or care about Mike Jones!? Why is he not being used like he should be?Has something happened on that team that we don't know about or is he just not as good as he used to be?

I don't know what happened but to go from ALL STATE TAILBACK as a FRESHMAN @ Monterey to a seldom used FULLBACK in his senior year @ LA makes you wonder. :)

We have a great runner here at Cookeville(Tyler Wolf) but I guarantee Coach Joslin would be giving Jones the ball a bunch too if he was here!

By the way,good luck LA against AE.

We here in Cookeville are pulling for you! ;)

THE SQUAD :)

Nah, we are just the only ones who talk about it on here!! This is all you hear at the game or when you talk LA football with any one who knows the game. I've got no problem with our tailback, he gives 110% on every play,but he plays almost every play of every game(offense and defense). You would think they would give him a break every once in a while and give Mike a few carries from tailback!! I would love to see him run out of that option that we run so much!!! I think he is still as good as he was when given the chance. It's hard to show what you can do when you run straight up the middle every time, but he has done very well at that anyway!!! Get him outside and watch him run by the big guys and over the small guys!!! Good luck to Cookeville also!! :)

Nah, we are just the only ones who talk about it on here!! This is all you hear at the game or when you talk LA football with any one who knows the game. I've got no problem with our tailback, he gives 110% on every play,but he plays almost every play of every game(offense and defense). You would think they would give him a break every once in a while and give Mike a few carries from tailback!! I would love to see him run out of that option that we run so much!!! I think he is still as good as he was when given the chance. It's hard to show what you can do when you run straight up the middle every time, but he has done very well at that anyway!!! Get him outside and watch him run by the big guys and over the small guys!!! Good luck to Cookeville also!! ;)

You dont sound like you know much football! Last time i checked you cant gain yards goin East and West so the only way to go is STRAIGHT AHEAD? and about mike he has more long runs up the MIDDLE than vaughn has on the Edge so i say you should watch the game and realize hes A FULLBACK NOT A TAILBACK! and please quit haten on the option? please?

Hey eaglemgr....how long have u been managing for tech? seems like someone who stays manager for a college team that long and still lives at home with his momma is a little "funny" or has nothing else to do for the rest of his life. Also, Im not sure if u realize this.....but LA has played some very respectable teams this year. why not give up on running ur mouth about them and give em a little respect. Looks like they have done pretty good for this being their first year in a new and better region. oh and watch yourself.....its not like everyone from livingston doesnt know who u are on here. If i were u, I wouldnt want to make too many enemies.

Go Hog-Eye!!

I think Jones fits in at the fullback position. A lot of people wanted to see Colson at tailback last year. But Jones and Colson are both big and strong. LA runs their plays for the fullback well and with their size and speed they are players that can get through the whole break a tackle and then have one man to go before touchdown. With Colson doing it so well Jones was about his size so he fit in their better. Why take Vaughn from a position he had been playing so long. Reeder is also a good back and Jones is now seeing some time on Defense.By the way LA 28 Ae 21

Each week, I am more proud to be a part of the LA family than the last. I know you have it in you boys to beat AE...I might not understand football well ....but I know your heart and your drive. Keep pushing on and doing what your coaches have taught you...you've got this!! and we've got your back....all the way to championships!!! Hummel loves ya!!