Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

Well, Coach Logan, this is something we can argue about together. Actually, it's not really worth arguing. Wingman10 keeps saying the same things, "A lot of people lost Reid's respect, no one else scored 91 pts., not even Rankin the God of Football, blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine". I keep hearing the same things man. And guess what you're still really the only idiot complaining. But hey I guess Roy Kramer and GP's principal don't know what they're talking about....

*NOTICE*- Let's all listen to wingman's whining, so we can all get stupider, I mean smarter!!

Yes, no one else scored 91 points (while several teams could), but Coach Reid did. He disgraced the game of football and hurt Alcoa. You have no answer to who one coach scored 91 points and the others pulled back, including Rankin, who is far from being the God of football. Very little respect for that man.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all he didn't hurt Alcoa, that's just your opinion, and it's not a very strong one. Second, if Coach Rankin had five def. TD's he'd have a lop-sided score on his hands too.

I have a proposition for you: How about you stop talking about being classless until you watch the film of the game, until then shut up about it, because you're really the only person saying that Alcoa is "classless", and it's really making you look bad.

First of all he didn't hurt Alcoa, that's just your opinion, and it's not a very strong one. Second, if Coach Rankin had five def. TD's he'd have a lop-sided score on his hands too.

I have a proposition for you: How about you stop talking about being classless until you watch the film of the game, until then shut up about it, because you're really the only person saying that Alcoa is "classless", and it's really making you look bad.

Wingman,

I have Tom's back in this one. Everything that Tom said in the above post is correct. 5 defensive TD's is gonna send the score through the roof, especially when you have an offensive juggernaut on your hands. wingman, you are truly pathetic. I really thought you might have SOME knowledge of the game of football, but until you have the fortitude to not just say "my boyfriend Rankin didnt score 90 points" and give us some ways to prevent it when running dive plays EVERYTIME, then in the words of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson : "Know your role and shut your mouth"

Wingman,

I have Tom's back in this one. Everything that Tom said in the above post is correct. 5 defensive TD's is gonna send the score through the roof, especially when you have an offensive juggernaut on your hands. wingman, you are truly pathetic. I really thought you might have SOME knowledge of the game of football, but until you have the fortitude to not just say "my boyfriend Rankin didnt score 90 points" and give us some ways to prevent it when running dive plays EVERYTIME, then in the words of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson : "Know your role and shut your mouth"

Great post....I'm clapping for you right now :thumb:.

No, I will post my opinion. Coach Reid did disgrace the game of football and other coaches and fans believe it also. Other teams could have done the same thing, but they didn't. The other coaches found a way to prevent it and Coach Reid did not.

No, I will post my opinion. Coach Reid did disgrace the game of football and other coaches and fans believe it also. Other teams could have done the same thing, but they didn't. The other coaches found a way to prevent it and Coach Reid did not.

Okay. so you don't know what you would do then I assume. It is apparent you are avoiding this question, so I will ask a different one. Apparently you can't support your way of changing things. Thats alright I guess we can all make empty vague comments. So answer this for me, What did Rankin do that Reid did not, what did these other coaches do that Reid failed to do. How many others shortened the game, how many pulled starters in the mid 2nd period. How many had 5 turnovers to capitalize on but still found a way to manage the score. How many ran mainly runs with their 2nd and 3rd team in the 2nd half. If they did all that then what else did they do that Alcoa did not. Come on Wingman, enlighten us with your vast knowledge.

Okay. so you don't know what you would do then I assume. It is apparent you are avoiding this question, so I will ask a different one. Apparently you can't support your way of changing things. Thats alright I guess we can all make empty vague comments. So answer this for me, What did Rankin do that Reid did not, what did these other coaches do that Reid failed to do. How many others shortened the game, how many pulled starters in the mid 2nd period. How many had 5 turnovers to capitalize on but still found a way to manage the score. How many ran mainly runs with their 2nd and 3rd team in the 2nd half. If they did all that then what else did they do that Alcoa did not. Come on Wingman, enlighten us with your vast knowledge.

I do not have to answer that. Reid needs to find out what Rankin and the other coaches did to not score 91 points. Coach Reid already knows, but he decided to run up the score. Reid's actions disgraced and disrespected the game of football. I believe it was classless and I will continue to state so. Alcoa lost a lot of respect from other coaches in Tn.

I do not have to answer that. Reid needs to find out what Rankin and the other coaches did to not score 91 points. Coach Reid already knows, but he decided to run up the score. Reid's actions disgraced and disrespected the game of football. I believe it was classless and I will continue to state so. Alcoa lost a lot of respect from other coaches in Tn.

Just admit, you are not in a position to judge or answer criticism. It is apparent you only know how to state opinion, but you fail to offer solution, or back up your opinion with facts. But then again I guess it is hard to back something up when you were not there to witness it. I will not hold your opinion against you. You are entitled to it. I will however keep in mind your failure to defend yourself when it comes to finding validity in any of your posts to come. I believe others wanted you to tell us what ramkin did. Rankin did not shorten quarters Reid did, that is one MAJOR attempt. That is about as much as you can do, especially when you play your JV team. But we will have to agree to disagree, but at least I back up what I say.

Wingman, apparently you didn't see the post by VA-Tornado on 11-11, so I will copy and paste this great post:

Former Southeastern Conference Commissioner Roy Kramer doesn't think that Coach Reid did anything wrong.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/222421

Kramer adamantly dismissed potential criticism of the Alcoa Tornadoes, who shredded Gatlinburg-Pittman 91-7 a week ago in the opening round of the playoffs. Tornadoes coach John Reid emptied his bench in an attempt to stem the flood, but Alcoa roared to a 70-0 halftime lead and coasted to the victory.

``I coached high school football. I won a game one time 72-6. That's not a whole lot different than 91,'' Kramer, who retired in 2002 after a 12-year stint as SEC commissioner, said. ``I played every guy I had. (You) get in one of those games and put your third team in; they've never played that great in all of their lives. You're going to tell that kid who breaks loose who's been in about two games in all of his life who's running for a touchdown to fall down? What am I teaching? That just happens.

``The world didn't come to an end because they got beat 91-(7). A little bit of that is like Steve Spurrier said: `My job's to score; your job's to stop me.' They didn't do a very good job stopping them.''

You might also like to check out these sites as well:

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/preps/archiv..._cents_on.shtml

http://www.blounttoday.com/blnt/home/artic...4225014,00.html

Guess these people don't know what they're talking about either, huh? And, if you were one of the people who called our A.D., I would like to thank you for taking his time away from his classes (this is sarcasm in its extreme form!).

Coach T: Please close this topic, it's getting ridiculous!!!

This whole deal leads me to believe that wingman is only here to promote his lover Rankin and truly has NO IDEA about how the game of football works and only goes off what other people tell him. wingman, learn to formulate your own opinions otherwise you will go through life sad and never a leader, you will truly always be someones wingman.

Wingman, apparently you didn't see the post by VA-Tornado on 11-11, so I will copy and paste this great post:

Former Southeastern Conference Commissioner Roy Kramer doesn't think that Coach Reid did anything wrong.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/222421

Kramer adamantly dismissed potential criticism of the Alcoa Tornadoes, who shredded Gatlinburg-Pittman 91-7 a week ago in the opening round of the playoffs. Tornadoes coach John Reid emptied his bench in an attempt to stem the flood, but Alcoa roared to a 70-0 halftime lead and coasted to the victory.

``I coached high school football. I won a game one time 72-6. That's not a whole lot different than 91,'' Kramer, who retired in 2002 after a 12-year stint as SEC commissioner, said. ``I played every guy I had. (You) get in one of those games and put your third team in; they've never played that great in all of their lives. You're going to tell that kid who breaks loose who's been in about two games in all of his life who's running for a touchdown to fall down? What am I teaching? That just happens.

``The world didn't come to an end because they got beat 91-(7). A little bit of that is like Steve Spurrier said: `My job's to score; your job's to stop me.' They didn't do a very good job stopping them.''

You might also like to check out these sites as well:

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/preps/archiv..._cents_on.shtml

http://www.blounttoday.com/blnt/home/artic...4225014,00.html

Guess these people don't know what they're talking about either, huh? And, if you were one of the people who called our A.D., I would like to thank you for taking his time away from his classes (this is sarcasm in its extreme form!).

Coach T: Please close this topic, it's getting ridiculous!!!

ICoack Kramer wouldn't have said otherwise. I still think it was classless and a disgrace. No, I did not call the AD, but the TSAA took action. I am sure Coach Reid will not let this happen again.