Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

From what I hear CAK QB is supposed to be good, if my memory serves me right he took alot of heat during there first meeting for a comment he had made. Unfortunatly I was not at the McCallie game so I don't know about their QB. As far as harb goes, he is good, but the pressure was to much. This will be a game where Rae's backup must step up and make his presence known. If Alcoa shuts down the pass it will be a long night for CAK.

CAK is building a solid football program and they have done a good job adjusting to the move to 2A, but anyone who saw the regular season game knows that the upcoming game won't be close. The physical mismatches at almost every position are just too great.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect Wingman, offer a solution or quit compounding on the problem. In my post I tried to analyze the game itself and deduce what could of been done differently. You on the other hand stand by "he disrespected the game". I am a firm believer that everyone deserves their own opinion, but also that every opinion comes from some inner belief. For you to say that means that you are just following the naysayers and going with the crowd, or you truly believe it. If you truly believe it how would you fix it. An opinionated person should somewhere in their mind have an idea of how to fix something they see as wrong. How could of coach Reid acted differently that would have given him more respectability. We have all heard your opinion, now I challenge you to step up and defend it. I would defend and back up my opinions, can you do so with yours. This goes to everyone who has hurled negative comments to Alcoa without offering a solution. Why complain when you don't know what to do differently. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone who expresses an opinion backs it up. If you can't back up comments how do we know you are serious.

Sorry for my ranting, but responses without support to the claim or solutions to the problem really bother me. Anyone can say bad things, I could insult the Mayor of some town in Kansas for his handling of some proposition, but I would not because I am not there, I don't know the situation, and it's not my place because why complain if I don't have a solution in mind. This is a drastic situation, but I am just trying to convey a point.

You Sir, have made a valid and solid point. There are reasons individuals form opinions, some are good rational thoughts and might also hinge on experience.

I will ponder your thoughts. At times we must agree to disagree.

At a time where our young people and all of us watch some of the events the other day in Campbell County and try to make sence of that, we must remember this board is about a game. I thank you for your thoughts.

Good luck to both teams, let the best one of the night rule the day.

Mr. Reid,

1) no matter what people think of your brother, you are probably embarrassing the heck out of him by making childlike and insulting comments toward other posters.

2) yeah, i wasnt there. Krak wasnt there. wingman wasnt there. we dont have to be to form opinions. Opinions are what these boards are for. I've heard people make the comment that your brother isnt a very good coach and that he wouldnt be successful at all if he didnt have the talent he had. That doesnt mean its true. Coach Reid was invited to a major coach's conference, but what if he didnt have Lindsey, Warren, or Lanxter?

i have a couple other points, but i dont feel like adding fire to the furnace. Point being, if you want these people to stop saying that your brother is classless, gutless, has no respect for the game, etc. then lets all go back to Mrs. Wade's kindergarten class and remember that ignoring people actually works.

CoachLogan,

1) You may view it as insulting, but it is a simple reaction that even you would have if someone was down-grading your wife,kids,etc.

2)Forming an opinion based on not seeing the game? Come on...you probably believe everything you read in the Enquirer too? Yes, Alcoa has some very talented kids, but the coaching staff has "coached" and "taught" some of the talent. Without out that coaching developement would they be as good?

3) Well back in Kindergarten, or atleast in that time period, is when MOST kids are taught, If you do not have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all. I sure can not go around telling people (my boss) what my real opinion is of him. In the modern day of computer conversation, people forget that there is a REAL person...WITH feelings on the other side of the keyboard. So, Why do people feel they can crank off negetive downgrading opinions without someone reacting back? People need to use their personal sportsmanship on here. Nothing good comes from "trash talk" or down-grading opinions. I challenge you to really think how you would reaction if your family was being attacked? Or if post after post was Always trashing the team that you get onto this site to support? After a point, everyone will fight back!

-BlountCountySportsFan

You Sir, have made a valid and solid point. There are reasons individuals form opinions, some are good rational thoughts and might also hinge on experience.

I will ponder your thoughts. At times we must agree to disagree.

At a time where our young people and all of us watch some of the events the other day in Campbell County and try to make sence of that, we must remember this board is about a game. I thank you for your thoughts.

Good luck to both teams, let the best one of the night rule the day.

Excellent post. Those folks up there in Campbell County need our thoughts and prayers. Let us all be thankful that we have the privaledge of sharing our opinions. :thumb:

Edited by Coalman

For Those interested anymore, here is an article that was printed in the Blount Today newspaper about the game last Fri. The PRINCIPLE of Gatlinburg-Pittman says they DO NOT agree with all the critics who have bashed Alcoa. Well you can read for your self....

Blount Today Article

Thanks for posting the link. I think that the article should nicely wrap-up this controversy. The knee-jerk critics of Alcoa only need to post short apologies and I'm sure that Alcoa supporters will be glad to forgive and forget showing the class that is typical of the Alcoa program.

I watched the playback on the GP/Alcoa game.

Alcoa could have beaten GP 200-0 if they wanted to. This was the worst GP team I ever seen. In the past few years GP would have given Alcoa a much better game. I have to think that the New Pigeon Forge High School has put a hurtin on the GP program.

Alcoa has way too many great athletes for these teams like GP,Wartburg and Oliver Springs. At least this year they do.

Alcoa never passed the ball after the midway point in the 2nd quarter. Alcoa was running off tackle plays and an occasional draw play the rest of the game.

I watched the playback on the GP/Alcoa game.

Alcoa could have beaten GP 200-0 if they wanted to. This was the worst GP team I ever seen. In the past few years GP would have given Alcoa a much better game. I have to think that the New Pigeon Forge High School has put a hurtin on the GP program.

Alcoa has way too many great athletes for these teams like GP,Wartburg and Oliver Springs. At least this year they do.

Alcoa never passed the ball after the midway point in the 2nd quarter. Alcoa was running off tackle plays and an occasional draw play the rest of the game.

Rebel Ron,

Did you graduate in 82 and have a brother that played qb at Maryville?

l]I hope that Alcoa goes out there and they score 200 points on CAK. No chance for the warriors Alcoa all the way.

Speaking of classless- this post was disturbing. Who wants someone to run up the score on another hard-working team? Why are you hating on CAK? Most of the ones on here bashing Alcoa are not CAK supporters. I'd go as far as to say that the CAK fans on here could care less by now about what happened last Friday night, and would appreciate it if the focus was on tomorrow night's game.

I don't usually post on football, this is not my area of expertise, so take my opinions for what they are worth (which is not much!).

Initially, the score did raise my eyebrows, but I was not there, and the people who were there that I talked to said the same thing that was in the Blount County paper. My opinion is this... until you have been out there and actually coached in that type of game, I don't think you can judge as harshly as some of you have. You can dissagree with what he did, but I think it is wrong to attack the coach's character. Being an armchair or bleacher coach is very easy. Stepping on that field and dealing with the consequences of decisions is hard.

The main reason for posting is for the CAK football team. You gotta believe, guys. If you go in with a spirit of fear or timidity, then you have already given Alcoa the game. It is one thing to lose, and another to get beaten. Yes, they are an awesome team, but so are you. This might seem like a cheesy pep talk, but I'll bet that Coach Logan would give his right arm (or metal baseball cleats!) to get out there and face off with Alcoa. Take this chance to make your own noise! Good luck to BOTH teams, but I gotta go with my Warriors.

Now I retreat back to the safe realm of the soccer threads.