Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole gutless stuff has gone to far. They are kids, they play their hearts out. I understand that 91-7 does not look good. Alcoa is in a no win situation as far as this board is concerned when it comes to pulling players. If they pull at 35-0 then the starters lose playing time, then all Alcoa critics say that Alcoa's starters will not be ready to play a full 4 quarters in the final game. If we don't pull early as far as the score is concerned then we are accused of running up the score, even if it happens to be the 2nd quarter that they are pulled in. How should pulling starters be judged, by score or time. What score indicates pulling starters. There is no answer to this because you can't please everyone all the time. What if the defense scores 35-0 the offense has not got going, and then you pull the starters even though they have not done the scoring. Too many factors come into play. fact is they are kids and they are well coached. Do you want Reid to ask them to lay down, I know no one does, or at least I would hope not. It is his obligation to his freshmen to call plays and treat them as starters when the play. Why shoul their plays be limited in choice all because the starters got the job done. Let's quit arguing and look at the facts. If you busted your butt all year then in the playoffs when you get to play the second half would you want to be limited to draw plays and dives. There is no set way to decide when to pull players. I am sure the comments will be to the effect of you just know, he could have controlled it. He shortened the quarters and played the JV. Short of asking GP to leave or practicing punting they did alot. I would be more dissapointed in him if I knew that he asked kids not to give there all. Please this is CAK/Alcoa, give the classless junk a rest. Nothing good comes of arguing senselessly. As I read through this I see the same points said 100 different ways by the same and different people.

For the love of the game back off, lest we encourage Alcoa to make an example of CAK and show the state what running up the score really is.

(The last part was in humor in no way do I condone running up the score at CAK so hold back your angry comments. Alcoa has more class than that. It was a joke)

It is easy to criticize and say things about a game that you may not have even been at. If you were there I believe you would understand that Alcoa was not going out to score 91 points, Either drop the whole clasless rant or explain how you with your vast knowledge would have kept the score down. If you cannot answer that and you don't know how to keep the score down then please do not criticize others for not doing so. I will admit Alcoa failed in keeping the score low because they succeeded in enabling young kids to give their all and play the game. I hope the same young guys get to play against CAK, because this will be valuable experience for next year. CAK won't keep it close, Alcoa will overload them and the game will be Alcoa's.

(Yes I know I have posted this twice, but I feel it needs to be said again)

Edited by alcoa11905

This whole gutless stuff has gone to far. They are kids, they play their hearts out. I understand that 91-7 does not look good. Alcoa is in a no win situation as far as this board is concerned when it comes to pulling players. If they pull at 35-0 then the starters lose playing time, then all Alcoa critics say that Alcoa's starters will not be ready to play a full 4 quarters in the final game. If we don't pull early as far as the score is concerned then we are accused of running up the score, even if it happens to be the 2nd quarter that they are pulled in. How should pulling starters be judged, by score or time. What score indicates pulling starters. There is no answer to this because you can't please everyone all the time. What if the defense scores 35-0 the offense has not got going, and then you pull the starters even though they have not done the scoring. Too many factors come into play. fact is they are kids and they are well coached. Do you want Reid to ask them to lay down, I know no one does, or at least I would hope not. It is his obligation to his freshmen to call plays and treat them as starters when the play. Why shoul their plays be limited in choice all because the starters got the job done. Let's quit arguing and look at the facts. If you busted your butt all year then in the playoffs when you get to play the second half would you want to be limited to draw plays and dives. There is no set way to decide when to pull players. I am sure the comments will be to the effect of you just know, he could have controlled it. He shortened the quarters and played the JV. Short of asking GP to leave or practicing punting they did alot. I would be more dissapointed in him if I knew that he asked kids not to give there all. Please this is CAK/Alcoa, give the classless junk a rest. Nothing good comes of arguing senselessly. As I read through this I see the same points said 100 different ways by the same and different people.

For the love of the game back off, lest we encourage Alcoa to make an example of CAK and show the state what running up the score really is.

(The last part was in humor in no way do I condone running up the score at CAK so hold back your angry comments. Alcoa has more class than that. It was a joke)

It is easy to criticize and say things about a game that you may not have even been at. If you were there I believe you would understand that Alcoa was not going out to score 91 points, Either drop the whole clasless rant or explain how you with your vast knowledge would have kept the score down. If you cannot answer that and you don't know how to keep the score down then please do not criticize others for not doing so. I will admit Alcoa failed in keeping the score low because they succeeded in enabling young kids to give their all and play the game. I hope the same young guys get to play against CAK, because this will be valuable experience for next year. CAK won't keep it close, Alcoa will overload them and the game will be Alcoa's.

No one is criticizing the kids. The problem is with Coach Reid. He disrespected the game and hurt Alcoa in the process. Again...several schools had the opportunity to score 91 points or more and they didn't...not even Rankin. Coach Reid did. The other coaches knew how to keep the score down and did so. Coach Reid decided not to.

FBE makes a good point. Confidence is necessary, cockiness is not. Alcoa is confident and like FBE said they have ever reason to feel confident. In order to compete in any sport you must have some sort of self confidence or else you will be killed. I am sure CAK will be confident that they can play their best against Alcoa, however, with this Alcoa team CAK's best is not enough. I hope for a clean game, and maybe one without as much controversy as the last one. Alcoa should stay confident but if they cross the line and become cocky bad things can and may happen.

Tom142-fbe-alcoa11905 You guys always play by the rules and respect every team and coach... I just want to say thanks for being real! The funny thing about all these posts is that we ALL love high school football, "Reid's are fiery passionate people" but I will not allow people to judge my brothers character. Never! Wingman, Krak, if U guys have a flat tire and maybe need help someday or even in the middle of the night for what ever reason Coach R would be there for you, just remember that! All the coaches from 1A to 5A bust there butts for the love of the game. Please don't disrespect the Coaches and players with sillly remarks.

No one is criticizing the kids. The problem is with Coach Reid. He disrespected the game and hurt Alcoa in the process. Again...several schools had the opportunity to score 91 points or more and they didn't...not even Rankin. Coach Reid did. The other coaches knew how to keep the score down and did so. Coach Reid decided not to.

I fully understand what you are saying, however, I want to know what else could have been done. Honestly, I never played football, I wrestled because I was a lighter weight, however I do follow it closely and I love to watch it. From my perspective as a fan at the game I saw nothing else that could have been done, I just want to know what you saw that we could of done differently. By no means am I trying to incite or argue. I would start a thread on the topic but I have a sneaky suspicion it would get out of hand and be shut down.

Some of you guys act like this is a tea party or something. 91 points happened, let's get over it. There is no way that Alcoa was TRYING to score 91 on GP last week. If you dwell on things you're only making it worse. If you truly feel like it was disrespectful then drop it and let's all move on to something else. Harping on the same thing over and over -- bringing it up time and time again is no way to show respect for a team that some of you apparently feel like was disrespected. 91 points happened unfortunately, big deal. It's round 2.

I like uncle Ted

Good point and good post. It's just unfortunate that wingman is just so hard-headed not to get it, and for some reason isn't showing too much vast knowledge. Probably because he wasn't at the game.

I think we'll be ready for CAK's passing attack. The best passing team and QB we've seen all year is B.J. Coleman from McCallie. We still scored 45 points on them, and they had 35. I know McCallie's defense is better than CAK's and their (CAK's) offense isn't as good as McCallie's. I don't think they'll have the team speed that McCallie did to be able to hang with us. I think we'll score more than 45, and I don't think they'll score 35.

Good point and good post. It's just unfortunate that wingman is just so hard-headed not to get it, and for some reason isn't showing too much vast knowledge. Probably because he wasn't at the game.

I think we'll be ready for CAK's passing attack. The best passing team and QB we've seen all year is B.J. Coleman from McCallie. We still scored 45 points on them, and they had 35. I know McCallie's defense is better than CAK's and their (CAK's) offense isn't as good as McCallie's. I don't think they'll have the team speed that McCallie did to be able to hang with us. I think we'll score more than 45, and I don't think they'll score 35.

From what I hear CAK QB is supposed to be good, if my memory serves me right he took alot of heat during there first meeting for a comment he had made. Unfortunatly I was not at the McCallie game so I don't know about their QB. As far as harb goes, he is good, but the pressure was to much. This will be a game where Rae's backup must step up and make his presence known. If Alcoa shuts down the pass it will be a long night for CAK.

Edited by alcoa11905

Wingman "Did u get cut from William Blount"? Is That why u/r so bitter?

Mr. Reid,

1) no matter what people think of your brother, you are probably embarrassing the heck out of him by making childlike and insulting comments toward other posters.

2) yeah, i wasnt there. Krak wasnt there. wingman wasnt there. we dont have to be to form opinions. Opinions are what these boards are for. I've heard people make the comment that your brother isnt a very good coach and that he wouldnt be successful at all if he didnt have the talent he had. That doesnt mean its true. Coach Reid was invited to a major coach's conference, but what if he didnt have Lindsey, Warren, or Lanxter?

i have a couple other points, but i dont feel like adding fire to the furnace. Point being, if you want these people to stop saying that your brother is classless, gutless, has no respect for the game, etc. then lets all go back to Mrs. Wade's kindergarten class and remember that ignoring people actually works.

Edited by CoachLogan74

It is unfortunate that Coach Reid disrespected the game.

With all due respect Wingman, offer a solution or quit compounding on the problem. In my post I tried to analyze the game itself and deduce what could of been done differently. You on the other hand stand by "he disrespected the game". I am a firm believer that everyone deserves their own opinion, but also that every opinion comes from some inner belief. For you to say that means that you are just following the naysayers and going with the crowd, or you truly believe it. If you truly believe it how would you fix it. An opinionated person should somewhere in their mind have an idea of how to fix something they see as wrong. How could of coach Reid acted differently that would have given him more respectability. We have all heard your opinion, now I challenge you to step up and defend it. I would defend and back up my opinions, can you do so with yours. This goes to everyone who has hurled negative comments to Alcoa without offering a solution. Why complain when you don't know what to do differently. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone who expresses an opinion backs it up. If you can't back up comments how do we know you are serious.

Sorry for my ranting, but responses without support to the claim or solutions to the problem really bother me. Anyone can say bad things, I could insult the Mayor of some town in Kansas for his handling of some proposition, but I would not because I am not there, I don't know the situation, and it's not my place because why complain if I don't have a solution in mind. This is a drastic situation, but I am just trying to convey a point.

From what I hear CAK QB is supposed to be good, if my memory serves me right he took alot of heat during there first meeting for a comment he had made. Unfortunatly I was not at the McCallie game so I don't know about their QB. As far as harb goes, he is good, but the pressure was to much. This will be a game where Rae's backup must step up and make his presence known. If Alcoa shuts down the pass it will be a long night for CAK.

CAK is building a solid football program and they have done a good job adjusting to the move to 2A, but anyone who saw the regular season game knows that the upcoming game won't be close. The physical mismatches at almost every position are just too great.