Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

Yes.

Rebel Ron,

You and I went to school and played FB together and Maryville Jr. High. I left after my 9th grade year and went to Alcoa due to my father being team doctor at AHS. At the time he had been with AHS football for about 20 years. I knew if I stayed at MHS he would never get to see me play except once a year. That would be the Alcoa/Maryville game. I have seen you around at some of the Maryville games lately. You've probably figured out who I am by now.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the playback on the GP/Alcoa game.

Alcoa could have beaten GP 200-0 if they wanted to. This was the worst GP team I ever seen. In the past few years GP would have given Alcoa a much better game. I have to think that the New Pigeon Forge High School has put a hurtin on the GP program.

Alcoa has way too many great athletes for these teams like GP,Wartburg and Oliver Springs. At least this year they do.

Alcoa never passed the ball after the midway point in the 2nd quarter. Alcoa was running off tackle plays and an occasional draw play the rest of the game.

Former Southeastern Conference Commissioner Roy Kramer doesn't think that Coach Reid did anything wrong.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/222421

Kramer adamantly dismissed potential criticism of the Alcoa Tornadoes, who shredded Gatlinburg-Pittman 91-7 a week ago in the opening round of the playoffs. Tornadoes coach John Reid emptied his bench in an attempt to stem the flood, but Alcoa roared to a 70-0 halftime lead and coasted to the victory.

``I coached high school football. I won a game one time 72-6. That's not a whole lot different than 91,'' Kramer, who retired in 2002 after a 12-year stint as SEC commissioner, said. ``I played every guy I had. (You) get in one of those games and put your third team in; they've never played that great in all of their lives. You're going to tell that kid who breaks loose who's been in about two games in all of his life who's running for a touchdown to fall down? What am I teaching? That just happens.

``The world didn't come to an end because they got beat 91-(7). A little bit of that is like Steve Spurrier said: `My job's to score; your job's to stop me.' They didn't do a very good job stopping them.''

Former Southeastern Conference Commissioner Roy Kramer doesn't think that Coach Reid did anything wrong.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/222421

Kramer adamantly dismissed potential criticism of the Alcoa Tornadoes, who shredded Gatlinburg-Pittman 91-7 a week ago in the opening round of the playoffs. Tornadoes coach John Reid emptied his bench in an attempt to stem the flood, but Alcoa roared to a 70-0 halftime lead and coasted to the victory.

``I coached high school football. I won a game one time 72-6. That's not a whole lot different than 91,'' Kramer, who retired in 2002 after a 12-year stint as SEC commissioner, said. ``I played every guy I had. (You) get in one of those games and put your third team in; they've never played that great in all of their lives. You're going to tell that kid who breaks loose who's been in about two games in all of his life who's running for a touchdown to fall down? What am I teaching? That just happens.

``The world didn't come to an end because they got beat 91-(7). A little bit of that is like Steve Spurrier said: `My job's to score; your job's to stop me.' They didn't do a very good job stopping them.''

How the heck did Roy Kramer get in on this...... Who next ?.... George Bush !!! :thumb:

Oh well , I have moved on. Back to the game. Alcoa should win this thing handily but ..... CAK will no what to expect this time and with the excellent coaching staff and good athletes they have on their team I think it will be a better game. The Tornadoes cannot afford a letdown as turnovers and penalties can be great equalizers. We need to get up on them early and control the tempo. You do not want to let the Warriors hang around with the offense they run. They are a very capable football team. You can never be too sure about a win from here on out IMO. There are no more gimmes. Stay focused Alcoa. Dress warm and I will see you @ Baily Stadium. ( Get there early to enjoy the playoff atmosphere). :thumb:

Edited by Coalman

I was at the Sullivan South and Morristown East game when they announced the score of this game, it brought some ooh's and aah's from the crowd. I've got to say that I have been on both ends of scoring like this as a coach and when your on the losing end it's not a fun thing, but I also know what it's like to be on the winning side, you really feel sorry for the other team. I think most coaches would put in their 2nd and 3rd strings but even then the other team does not have any fight in them to stop anything. Give the coaches a break, beyond stopping the game there is not much you can do sometimes.

Rebel Ron,

You and I went to school and played FB together and Maryville Jr. High. I left after my 9th grade year and went to Alcoa due to my father being team doctor at AHS. At the time he had been with AHS football for about 20 years. I knew if I stayed at MHS he would never get to see me play except once a year. That would be the Alcoa/Maryville game. I have seen you around at some of the Maryville games lately. You've probably figured out who I am by now.

If you are who I think you are we played Little League baseball together for the Cardinals.

Alcoa- 49

CAK- 14

I still think Fiegler's better than Harb ;).

And you still havent given any reason why either which leads me to believe that you cant back up your talk which leads me to believe that you dont really know why you think Fiegler is better than Harb which leads me to believe that you are wrong. If you want to even begin to explain to me why the only passes that i saw Fiegler complete tonight were quick slants and bubble screens, then i would gladly like to hear it. This is what i want you to ask yourself. How many quarterbacks from the Knoxville area do you think could manage the Alcoa team and win a state championship? I guarantee that Harb could at least. Now how many quarterbacks do you think could lead CAK to an 8-4 record, sort of the best record in the school's short 4 seasons of varsity football (The Warriors were 8-5 in 2003 with a semi-final finish) I truly cant wait to see where Fiegler decides to go to college, its gonna be interesting. I am actually more interested in that than where Harb goes because as good as you make Fiegler sound, im surprised Charlie Weis and Pete Carroll arent at every game. Thank you.

p.s. Please Tom, defend your quarterback. You havent done a good job of it yet.

Edited by CoachLogan74