Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

And you still havent given any reason why either which leads me to believe that you cant back up your talk which leads me to believe that you dont really know why you think Fiegler is better than Harb which leads me to believe that you are wrong. If you want to even begin to explain to me why the only passes that i saw Fiegler complete tonight were quick slants and bubble screens, then i would gladly like to hear it. This is what i want you to ask yourself. How many quarterbacks from the Knoxville area do you think could manage the Alcoa team and win a state championship? I guarantee that Harb could at least. Now how many quarterbacks do you think could lead CAK to an 8-4 record, sort of the best record in the school's short 4 seasons of varsity football (The Warriors were 8-5 in 2003 with a semi-final finish) I truly cant wait to see where Fiegler decides to go to college, its gonna be interesting. I am actually more interested in that than where Harb goes because as good as you make Fiegler sound, im surprised Charlie Weis and Pete Carroll arent at every game. Thank you.

p.s. Please Tom, defend your quarterback. You havent done a good job of it yet.

I've already defended him, have you failed to read past posts? I remember a perfectly- placed pass to Brandon Warren in the 1st quarter for about a 20- yard TD, (after he trucked #39). And you're right a lot of Fiegler's passes were buble screens and slants, but they were on the money most of the time (59 % comp. last night), I saw a lot of passes by Harb when he over- shot a lot of receivers, and a lot of short passes that were poorly throwed (48 % comp. last night). And almost all of Fiegler's passes didn't require the "super- athletes", that we have. Sure Harb was getting rushed, but what's he going to do in college when he gets rushed? The defenses are obviously bigger, faster, and stronger; he'll have the better athletes to throw to, but he'll never get those passes to him, if those passes are inaccurate. I don't make Fiegler sound any better, than he already is, he's that good, but Unapproved Website, while it may be just a ranking service, usually knows what they're talking about and has Fiegler ranked as the #1 QB in the state. No, Pete Carroll and Charlie Weis aren't at every game, but coaches like Petrino and Amato are very close to offering him scholarships, I think that's pretty good.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already defended him, have you failed to read past posts? I remember a perfectly- placed pass to Brandon Warren in the 1st quarter for about a 20- yard TD, (after he trucked #39). And you're right a lot of Fiegler's passes were buble screens and slants, but they were on the money most of the time (59 % comp. last night), I saw a lot of passes by Harb when he over- shot a lot of receivers, and a lot of short passes that were poorly throwed (48 % comp. last night). And almost all of Fiegler's passes didn't require the "super- athletes", that we have. Sure Harb was getting rushed, but what's he going to do in college when he gets rushed? The defenses are obviously bigger, faster, and stronger; he'll have the better athletes to throw to, but he'll never get those passes to him, if those passes are inaccurate. I don't make Fiegler sound any better, than he already is, he's that good, but Unapproved Website, while it may be just a ranking service, usually knows what they're talking about and has Fiegler ranked as the #1 QB in the state. No, Pete Carroll and Charlie Weis aren't at every game, but coaches like Petrino and Amato are very close to offering him scholarships, I think that's pretty good.

When you say "Sure Harb was getting rushed" you make it seem like the fact that at least one of the team of Brandon Warren, Dustin Lindsey and Martin White were in Harb's face almost every play. I think that you think that i think that Fiegler isnt a good QB. Quite the opposite, i sent an email to Drew Edwards of the News Sentinel when the playoffs started and told him that Harb vs Fiegler would make a great news article. Oh, and Harb will have people to block those "super-athletes" in college. Whatever the case, we got to enjoy the TWO BEST QUARTERBACKS in the state last night, no matter what some little ranking service says. The only thing that matters is the heart and determination that both of these young men showed last night.

p.s. Harb evaded Brandon Warren last night for a 10 yard run up the middle, did you like that Tom? :ph34r:

First I would like to say congratulations to Alcoa, you guys are one heck of a football team and I will be pulling for you the rest of the way. Second, "Duck" Lynsey, you are a great player and from what I can tell your character is just a good...Brandon Warren, same goes to you. Now on to the game....I am so proud of CAK, sure we lost 49-14...but there were so many positives.

1. In the first half you limited the big plays....making Alcoa drive the ball down the field.

2. You took the fight to Alcoa, which is always our goal. 28-7 halftime score.

3. In the fourth quarter getting beat and the game in hand you continued to fight and to compete, that is something that will carry over the rest of your life....People in life can give you money, can give you fame, but men there is one thing that noone will give you and that is RESPECT.....and I want you to know that I respect everyone one of the men on the field who were fighting for their school.

4. Now you know where we want to be, we want to be like ALCOA, this may take some time, but tradition doesnt come easy and you have to be willing to put in the work not only on Friday nights, but in January-March in the weight room, use spring practice to get better and in the summer it may mean your tan may suffer, but think about last night and how it felt loosing that game and realize that is what it takes to get to that level.

To the seniors, thank you for all your hard work...your dedication and your willingness to do what was asked of you. You will be missed and you are always a part of the CAK family.

Now stop reading this post and do some pushups or something, we have next season to get ready for. "If its going to be, its up to me"

Edited by APSU310

First I would like to say congratulations to Alcoa, you guys are one heck of a football team and I will be pulling for you the rest of the way. Second, "Duck" Lynsey, you are a great player and from what I can tell your character is just a good...Brandon Warren, same goes to you. Now on to the game....I am so proud of CAK, sure we lost 49-14...but there were so many positives.

1. In the first half you limited the big plays....making Alcoa drive the ball down the field.

2. You took the fight to Alcoa, which is always our goal. 28-7 halftime score.

3. In the fourth quarter getting beat and the game in hand you continued to fight and to compete, that is something that will carry over the rest of your life....People in life can give you money, can give you fame, but men there is one thing that noone will give you and that is RESPECT.....and I want you to know that I respect everyone one of the men on the field who were fighting for their school.

4. Now you know where we want to be, we want to be like ALCOA, this may take some time, but tradition doesnt come easy and you have to be willing to put in the work not only on Friday nights, but in January-March in the weight room, use spring practice to get better and in the summer it may mean your tan may suffer, but think about last night and how it felt loosing that game and realize that it what it takes to get to that level.

To the seniors, thank you for all your hard work...your dedication and your willingness to do what was asked of you. You will be missed and you are always a part of the CAK family.

Now stop reading this post and do some pushups or something, we have next season to get ready for. "If its going to be, its up to me"

Great , positive post. I was very impressed by the effort from CAK. I predicted earlier that this would be a tough game for Alcoa. CAK gave them some badly needed competition. I thought that Alcoa was not sharp but used their " big guns " to take control of the game. CAK was very physical and laid it on the line. I was especially impressed with the effort of Jay Smith. I used to coach him in baseball when he was @ Maryville Christian School and I know what kind of competitor he is. He left it all on the field last night. All in all it was a great showing this year by the Warriors in their 1st season of AA football.

Now my Tornadoes need strap it on for a tough game with Loudon. :thumb:

For all the people who were saying that alcoa is classless, i would like to put in my two cents. The alcoa players were possibly the most respectful team that cak has played this year. Their coaches were as well. I did not see the G-P game but for fans and observers to call alcoa classless is ridiculous. They play clean and do a phenominal job on the field. O, and the player whos character i was most impressed with was Duck, he on more than one occasion seperated little skirmishes and stepped up as a leader. He is to be congradulated

That's a good point bigmontana. One of the many things I look for on Friday nights is how much sportsmanship our guys show, and they always impress me, especially Dustin. So many players try to rattle him and get in his head, but he will say nothing back, and even help that player up a few plays later. He's the epitome of a classy player. Our fans do a great job too. Even though Coach Logan and I argue back and forth, I still respect him as a fan and his knowledge about football. Yeah, I would say Alcoa as whole is classy, but there was another team and fans that seemed like they were in the same league as Alcoa Friday night.

That's a good point bigmontana. One of the many things I look for on Friday nights is how much sportsmanship our guys show, and they always impress me, especially Dustin. So many players try to rattle him and get in his head, but he will say nothing back, and even help that player up a few plays later. He's the epitome of a classy player. Our fans do a great job too. Even though Coach Logan and I argue back and forth, I still respect him as a fan and his knowledge about football. Yeah, I would say Alcoa as whole is classy, but there was another team and fans that seemed like they were in the same league as Alcoa Friday night.

I respect you too Tom. I think that you and i both know who the two best quarterbacks in 2A were this year, even though we disagree on the order. :thumb:

For all the people who were saying that alcoa is classless, i would like to put in my two cents. The alcoa players were possibly the most respectful team that cak has played this year. Their coaches were as well. I did not see the G-P game but for fans and observers to call alcoa classless is ridiculous. They play clean and do a phenominal job on the field. O, and the player whos character i was most impressed with was Duck, he on more than one occasion seperated little skirmishes and stepped up as a leader. He is to be congradulated

It's really nice to hear those words of praise Bigmontana. Some people get it and a lot of others don't.

You are the one that doersn't get it. Alcoa lost a lot of respect by Coach Reid'a antics. No other coach scored 91 points that night and several could, including Rankin.

I'm getting tired of hearing that. Who cares who could have and who couldnt have. Lay off Coach Reid would you? I had the pleasure of meeting Coach Reid after the game friday night and i have to say that he is one of the nicest and most respectful men i have met in a long time. You have gone on and on about how other coach's couldve scored 90+ points but didnt. Well exactly how did they not do it wingman? Did they tell their QB to take a knee every play until 4th down? Heck, why not just punt on 1st down? When one of the backers makes an interception, just tell him to lay down. You clearly have no knowledge of the game of football due to the fact that all you have done is talk and not given any explanation as to how YOU would have handled the situation.

Well, Coach Logan, this is something we can argue about together. Actually, it's not really worth arguing. Wingman10 keeps saying the same things, "A lot of people lost Reid's respect, no one else scored 91 pts., not even Rankin the God of Football, blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine". I keep hearing the same things man. And guess what you're still really the only idiot complaining. But hey I guess Roy Kramer and GP's principal don't know what they're talking about....

*NOTICE*- Let's all listen to wingman's whining, so we can all get stupider, I mean smarter!!