Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some keys for CAK to be successful vs. Alcoa are to slow the run game by being physical and contain the long pass. If they can do this and maybe give them some adversity they might get anxious, and make a few mistakes because they have had little competition since the Maryville game.

For CAK to have a chance, IMO they will have to play mistake free, throw under the coverage, establish the run and be patient with small gains of yardage thereby controlling the clock and winning the time of possession stat, being physical and emotionally stay in the game long enough to find out they may be able to play with Alcoa. If Alcoa has the ball they will score with it and if CAK’s players lay down, Alcoa will destroy them. IF CAK can keep Alcoa’s Offence off the field and tire most of those who play both ways they can add to any advantage they may have.

Alcoa is hugely confident to a point they maybe overlooking CAK

Some keys for CAK to be successful vs. Alcoa are to slow the run game by being physical and contain the long pass. If they can do this and maybe give them some adversity they might get anxious, and make a few mistakes because they have had little competition since the Maryville game.

For CAK to have a chance, IMO they will have to play mistake free, throw under the coverage, establish the run and be patient with small gains of yardage thereby controlling the clock and winning the time of possession stat, being physical and emotionally stay in the game long enough to find out they may be able to play with Alcoa. If Alcoa has the ball they will score with it and if CAK’s players lay down, Alcoa will destroy them. IF CAK can keep Alcoa’s Offence off the field and tire most of those who play both ways they can add to any advantage they may have.

Alcoa is hugely confident to a point they maybe overlooking CAK

Alcoa is not hugely confident, and they are overlooking noone. They're ready to get out there and do their job.

Edited by aliastn

that is just very sad i just wonder if they realize that somebody is going to be looking to do the same thing to them next yr it always comesback to bite u

no idea they pretty much know they cant be beat this year and have constantly had good years..they deserve all the bragging but still 91-7? alcoa will win this game...

Coach Reid disrespected the game of football Fri night. A lot of folks opinion of Alcoa has changed. Again, several 1st round games were mismatches (not just the Alcoa game). Several teams could have scored 91 points Fri night, but they didn't...not even Rankin.

I know my opinion for one changed on them....if he were coachin in the NFL he'd got fined a pretty penny

Alcoa is not hugely confident, and they are overlooking noone. They're ready to get out there and do their job.

I would think they are hugely, very or big time confident and why should they not be. They have beaten CAK, they are at home and convinved they are the best in

East Tennessee. Nothing wrong with confidence, you need it this time of year.

FBE makes a good point. Confidence is necessary, cockiness is not. Alcoa is confident and like FBE said they have ever reason to feel confident. In order to compete in any sport you must have some sort of self confidence or else you will be killed. I am sure CAK will be confident that they can play their best against Alcoa, however, with this Alcoa team CAK's best is not enough. I hope for a clean game, and maybe one without as much controversy as the last one. Alcoa should stay confident but if they cross the line and become cocky bad things can and may happen.

Coach Reid disrespected the game of football Fri night. A lot of folks opinion of Alcoa has changed. Again, several 1st round games were mismatches (not just the Alcoa game). Several teams could have scored 91 points Fri night, but they didn't...not even Rankin.

Wingman u/r no different then that "Krak boy" that tried to trash talk yesterday! Read my replies to him and answer the questions I asked him.... People like you need to MAN UP!!! Why R/U so jealous?

Wingman u/r no different then that "Krak boy" that tried to trash talk yesterday! Read my replies to him and answer the questions I asked him.... People like you need to MAN UP!!! Why R/U so jealous?

No, I won't read your replies. Alcoa has lost a lot of respect in Tn. What Coach Reid did was classless. No other coach scored 91 points Fri night and several others had the opportunity. Alcoa crossed the line and disrespected the game.

Some of you guys act like this is a tea party or something. 91 points happened, let's get over it. There is no way that Alcoa was TRYING to score 91 on GP last week. If you dwell on things you're only making it worse. If you truly feel like it was disrespectful then drop it and let's all move on to something else. Harping on the same thing over and over -- bringing it up time and time again is no way to show respect for a team that some of you apparently feel like was disrespected. 91 points happened unfortunately, big deal. It's round 2.