Fireworks

ghsmom08

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TSSAA isnt going to do anything about it. Smith Co. has been shooting them off for the last 3 or 4 years I know and nothing is ever done about it.

Actually the firework guy at Smith County has been shooting fireworks for the last 13 years. And yes they are going to do something about it. They called Smith County High School today and informed them that their would be no more fireworks at the games. Now, I wonder who told on the Owls?

Well if your implying that it was me and that Im from Gordonsville your wrong on both accounts. I could really care less if they shoot them or not. The only reason I said anything about Smith Co. was because they are the only place that I have been to that has shot them. I dont see anything wrong with it and actually do think it is pretty cool, because it brings a little more excitement to the games. I was just simply making a point. :D

Looks as if someone from little Gordansville is jealous.

No I think not. I was only letting everyone know. Because there are people out there that like to WHINE. They will use any stupid excuse to bring down a player or team and not think twice about how many it hurts.

I know this firsthand. Just let one of your children excel in a sport and one phone call to the right person by some angry or jealous parent can take the sparkle out of your child real quick.

So put & keep the sparkles within your children not the air!!!!!!!!!

Actually the firework guy at Smith County has been shooting fireworks for the last 13 years. And yes they are going to do something about it. They called Smith County High School today and informed them that their would be no more fireworks at the games. Now, I wonder who told on the Owls?

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! People need to get a life!!!!!

My kids would call this person a FUN SUCKER!!!!!!!!

This is hard for me to say but ~!~GULP~!~

GO OWLS GOOD LUCK IN PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ghsmom08

we lost to coalfield because of the fireworks dq them!

just kidding of course... even though we were on the losing end of that one I thought that the fireworks was kinda neat and didnt have a problem with it... I think elizabethton high does it at the end of the national anthem on all their home games also, not sure if they do it on scores or not..

if its off school grounds, I dont see how tssaa can enforce this.. example some kids that live in elizabethton send their kids to Unaka, Hampton or Happy Valley... they could be on the street near elizabethton and shoot a couple fireworks on a score then call and get EHS dq'ed?

Edited by unakafan07

Don't think a fan or booster can't get you out of a tournament put on by tssaa? Go ahead and be cute, but remember you are like a bunch of ants to them. They stand over you with a big hammer, no warnings, just bam, you violated rule so and so and this is the punishment. Then you all go back home and cry about how unfair the tssaa is and this and that. Heck if your big enough to take the chance ( for your whole school) then you ought to big enough to handle what follows. Ask someone from coffee county if they have ever lived through something like this. This not the time to take on the TSSAA, but then again if you like to gamble with others to suffer for the possible outcome, go for it.

Fireworks? Are you kidding me. Get a life, we have alot more to worry about in youth athletics than fireworks. could be the silliest thread I have ever seen on coach T.

The silliest thread you have ever seen? You must not read some of the junk on these message boards. If you want to know how silly this is, talk to the schools that have already received calls about this issue. If you think it is silly for an entire team to pay the price of others then that is your opinion. I as a mother and fan would rather warn those few silly people then see a teams dreams go down the Tube or up in Sparks.

You think the TSSAA is silly then try crossing their path once. Talk to the teams or players that have been DQ’d for other silly things like:

1. Parents not changing a phone number over, after clearing and working closely with the TSSAA. Talk to that schools winning Basketball Team and tell them how silly it is.

2. A Football Team being DQ’d for a stunt the cheerleaders do. Tell this school’s winning Football Team how silly it is.

3. Teams being DQ’d for fan behavior at games. This you would have to talk to Football & Basketball Teams Winning & Losing. But tell all these players how silly it is.

4. Etc..ETC..ETC..

Yes it is all silly and Yes we have other things to worry about beside fireworks in Youth Athletics. But it is a rule silly or not and people should be aware of it.

If you are telling me to Get a Life….Don’t worry I have one. I am the one standing up for you Child and everyone else’s and saying to all of you booster’s, parents, students and anyone else that thinks this is silly…..That’s ok you think that just don’t try to take on the TSSAA on behalf of the team or school. It isn’t worth it!!!!

I teach and coach at a Knox County High School. My school has fireworks every week. We've had no complaints, no problems, and no contact from TSSAA about it. You should focus all this energy on something positive.

I didn't start this as a bad thing. It was just a little to let ya know. I have talked to several parents from several schools the TSSAA has made calls to. If your school isn't one of them great I am happy for you. I was just sharing.

One question? If you are a coach and teacher then I am sure you have read the handbook right? If so then I take it you are ok with your school, parents, etc. breaking the rules right?

Another question: After reading the rules... You have the attitude of no complaints, no problems, no contact so who cares. We will deal with it when and if we get caught.

So you as a Teacher & Coach are Teaching your students and players only follow the rules YOU think are important, and not the rules you think are silly? Wow.....

Edited by ghsmom08