Farragut @ Oak Ridge Qtr. Final

FHS_Admiral

How do you take these message boards and say that Farragut is trash talking if they arent on the team thats doing it?

i have to agree with hkins and te58 and all the other admirals fans out there. though few in number on this website, you can bet they will all be out there to watch that "simple coaching staff" have their defence "run all over." i think those were the terms that angered that one guy. you know what, i dont care if this gets you more focused or anything like that. what i do know is that farragut is going to come over there, take care of business, and make oak ridge stop talking all this trash.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all you farragut fans are just getting the Wildcats all fired up for the game. the last time farragut did this a certain guy named spencer gulmire ran all over the farrgut defense,two plays, simple coaching staff or not.OR wins this one

Maybe your quotes and the OR coach will fire-up Farragut!

I'm wanting a goog game and then will follow that team as far as they can go.

Dear Admirals,

Read these posts! You can now truly say your one of the top eight teams in the State! You beat these same Cats at all levels except High School!

For some of you this is your last shot to beat these cats. (#45,#58)

Let these Statements of why you cannot beat Oak Ridge light a fire in your hearts and find the internal fortitude to overcome ORs home field advantage, winning tradition, Gulmire brothers and superior coaching.

You have great assets to contradict ORs advantages. Great set of RB's, Reveiz brothers at LB, and you beat a team twice that beat OR.

Linemen you have to win the war in the trenches. This is where I've seen OR beat us every year. Protect your QB and block for your backs.

The Sweep needs to be figured out by Coach Courtney. He may not have the right young man there.

You can do it!

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Maybe your quotes and the OR coach will fire-up Farragut!

I'm wanting a goog game and then will follow that team as far as they can go.

Dear Admirals,

Read these posts! You can now truly say your one of the top eight teams in the State! You beat these same Cats at all levels except High School!

For some of you this is your last shot to beat these cats. (#45,#58)

Let these Statements of why you cannot beat Oak Ridge light a fire in your hearts and find the internal fortitude to overcome ORs home field advantage, winning tradition, Gulmire brothers and superior coaching.

You have great assets to contradict ORs advantages. Great set of RB's, Reveiz brothers at LB, and you beat a team twice that beat OR.

Linemen you have to win the war in the trenches. This is where I've seen OR beat us every year. Protect your QB and block for your backs.

The Sweep needs to be figured out by Coach Courtney. He may not have the right young man there.

You can do it!

",,,and you beat a team twice that beat OR." You forgot to mention that OR left Farragut in the dust in a 39-0 East Tennessee Whuppin."

It is actually hard to tell who your pulling for with your post. :thumb:

",,,and you beat a team twice that beat OR." You forgot to mention that OR left Farragut in the dust in a 39-0 East Tennessee Whuppin."

It is actually hard to tell who your pulling for with your post. :thumb:

Wow, I bet the Admirals forgot about that score. B) I don't think so.

U have seen Farraguts scores against common opponents so how can U count them out?

They beat the Owls twice that beat ORHS, DB and the Cavs. Seams like they can play some ball to beat a team of Ooltewah’s caliber.

If your folks are that confident, then so be it.

IMO-Gulmire plays his best games against the Admirals. That’s a great credit to him and his line. The OR line does a great job neutralizing Nick Reveiz.

I hope that the FHS coaching staff steps up and helps the Ads get the win to get that big Cat off the back of the Admirals.

See U at Big Eds!

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

I did not want to offend any Wildcat fans. I am analyzing the last game from logic. Farragut had miscues time and time again in the Red Zone, but there is no denying they marched up and down the field on the "Darkside" Defense. Oak Ridge has a great running back that will be all of their offense. He is tough, but he is only good on the toss sweep against our D. Watch for the Reveiz boys to isolate him outside and up the middle. Key matchup for this game offensive/defensive line. Oak Ridge and Farragut both have good size, Farragut is a little more athletic, stronger, and better coached. The Oak Ridge o-line and d-line seems to have raw talent just not a lot of good coaching. They stand straight up, they don't stay on blocks well, and they don't get off blocks on D. I think our coaches will have a scheme that will stop Gulmire and we will crack the endzone a few times.

Farragut 28

Oak Ridge 21

The crowd for this game should be huge. Fans of other teams, PLEASE come join us for the game. Ooltewah, William Blount, DB, and anyone else, come and wear your colors. Cheer for which ever team you want. You will be treated well and respected (especially the Owls) here in Oak Ridge. Our tailgating is great and are fans are friendly. Enjoy the atmosphere and some great football.

Anchorsaway - you're writing checks (in your only 2 posts) that your players have to cover. You might want to reconsider some your statements. "Simple coaches", "only two plays". Say what you will, but be big enough to show some respect if it doesn't go as you see it.

Thanks for the invite. Owl fans will be there to see Oak Ridge beat Farragut fair and square. Owl fans have nothing but respect for Oak Ridge, a class team, coaching staff and fans. We will be there to cheer the Cats on to victory and stop Farragut fans and players from running on at the mouth.The Owls have a great respect for Gulmire, a wonderful player. Farragut does not have the depth and heart of a winner, they are too busy disrespecting other teams. If the Ads want to know why so many other fans root against them, they need to look in the mirror. We are judged by our actions, sportsmanship is still important on and off the field.

Oak Ridge 42

Farragut 14

I did not want to offend any Wildcat fans. I am analyzing the last game from logic. Farragut had miscues time and time again in the Red Zone, but there is no denying they marched up and down the field on the "Darkside" Defense. Oak Ridge has a great running back that will be all of their offense. He is tough, but he is only good on the toss sweep against our D. Watch for the Reveiz boys to isolate him outside and up the middle. Key matchup for this game offensive/defensive line. Oak Ridge and Farragut both have good size, Farragut is a little more athletic, stronger, and better coached. The Oak Ridge o-line and d-line seems to have raw talent just not a lot of good coaching. They stand straight up, they don't stay on blocks well, and they don't get off blocks on D. I think our coaches will have a scheme that will stop Gulmire and we will crack the endzone a few times.

Farragut 28

Oak Ridge 21

Logic? Any disregard for OR's offensive line contradicts logic. I've watched the film twice. The OR line reminded me a Georgia's when Herschel played. No one touched Spencer for the first 5 yards. Maybe Farragut's "more athletic, stronger, and better coached" line let themselves get whipped. "Don't stay on blocks well". You must have watched a different game than the rest of us. One player runs for 350 yards, but the line doesn't stay on blocks well. Whaley, Trent, and crew, do you see this?

I will give you this much, Farragut did move the ball. They made some mistakes that changed the momentum and things just got worse from there. I don't expect another blow-out, but I do expect Oak Ridge to win. I think our "simple coaches" know to make adjustments as well. Please, please justify losing 39-0 to a team with "simple coaches, only two plays, a line that is less athletic, weaker, and not as well coached". If you're logic is correct, many of us just don't understand football. Please teach us more.

Edited by OR nole

How do you take these message boards and say that Farragut is trash talking if they arent on the team thats doing it?

No one accused the players of talking trash since the last game. And I believe eveyone understands Reviez' comments before the last game were just to motivate his team.

As with all teams, a few fans speak more with more youthful emotion. It's easy to discount them. Its the ones that show no respect in a well spoken way, that are the most irritating. Oak Ridge won by a LARGE amount last time and we are offended by the sideways insults of one, in my opion, uninformed Farragut fan. The Cats coaches, players, and fans understand the Ads will be better and fired up. We know how we felt after Ooltewah. But don't think we are so simple as to stay status quo. That is unless you let them run the toss sweep all night long.

Edited by OR nole

After reading some of these posts, I now realize that Oak Ridge was just lucky in the first game against Farragut.

The line at OR can't block, Spencer can just run one play, the coaches are sad ... how in the heck did they ever win? I am really scared now about Friday's game, the Admirals will come to Blankenship and show the Wildcats how to play football.

Many more posts and I may pick the Admirals by close to 50 against the lucky Wildcats.

Please, please justify losing 39-0 to a team with "simple coaches, only two plays, a line that is less athletic, weaker, and not as well coached". If you're logic is correct, many of us just don't understand football.

Heck, If I were a Farragut fan, I would take this as an insult. Basically if Oak Ridge is all of the above, then it say's Farragut must not have that much of a football team or coaching staff to get beat 39-0.

Everybody keeps saying they expect a tougher game, but per the last two games against Farragut 48-0, 39-0, I'll have to see it to believe it.

Can't wait to see what the Farragut Nation has to say after the game.

I expect it will be the same could of, would of, and should of's, that we have been listening since 1993.

As I said in a post after the first game, if Farragut fans keep saying whait until next game, next season, next anything, it may happen. Remember they have won 4 games out of the 25.

Good luck to both teams. Can't wait till Friday.