Loudon vs Alcoa--Two Best 2A Teams in TN?

DrawingDead

Not taking anything away from anyone of these teams, but don't forget the Tyner Rams of Chattanooga.

well I know one thing for Loudon...we are not over looking anyone, we take one week at a time and one game at a time.....from what I hear Tyner is tough and is a team to be reckoned with. good luck to Tyner this week and GO REDSKINS

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that means Tyner must be 2nd to none. Read between the lines! <_<

Reading between the lines I see that Fulton beat Tyner 16-13( pretty close game ). I also see that Alcoa beat Fulton 48-6 ( not so close ). I know that you shouldn't really draw conclusions by comparing common opponents, unless that common opponent( Fulton ) beats you at your place and then gets thrashed at home by the team in question( Alcoa ). By the way, Alcoa made the trip to McCallie this year also, of course it was a little closer than the 31-3 loss Tyner suffered to McCallie... McCallie only lost by 10. Congratulations on the 10-4 season and a trip to the semi-finals. :D Edited by PVHS1990

Let me make sure I have this correct. Alcoa blows out everyone with the exceptions of a 41-21 loss to 4A powerhouse and defending state champs Maryville, and a 45-35 win at DII AAA McCallie. Included in these blowouts is a 28-0 victory at Loudon during the regular season. Now here we are in the middle of the state play-off run and somehow Loudon who was shut out 28-0 at home is going to go to Alcoa ( quite possibly one of the hardest places for a team to play) and fair much better than they did at home? Probably not. Coach Reid plays the D1 college kids all night and puts 28 on the board by halftime in this one. (Although i do think Loudon will score this time.)

Alcoa 41

Loudon 14

Edited by PVHS1990

Reading between the lines I see that Fulton beat Tyner 16-13( pretty close game ). I also see that Alcoa beat Fulton 48-6 ( not so close ). I know that you shouldn't really draw conclusions by comparing common opponents, unless that common opponent( Fulton ) beats you at your place and then gets thrashed at home by the team in question( Alcoa ). By the way, Alcoa made the trip to McCallie this year also, of course it was a little closer than the 31-3 loss Tyner suffered to McCallie... McCallie only lost by 10. Congratulations on the 10-4 season and a trip to the semi-finals. ;)

So you said all that to say what? Any good team can be beat on any given day. It's seems that you are already counting on beating us if we happen to meet up. Don't count your eggs before they hatch. Good luck this Friday night! ;)

So you said all that to say what? Any good team can be beat on any given day. It's seems that you are already counting on beating us if we happen to meet up. Don't count your eggs before they hatch. Good luck this Friday night! :thumb:

I have no idea about Tyner this year but they are typically competitive year after year. As a matter of fact one of the most talented teams to ever come through loudon (1996 season) got put out of the playoffs by Tyner 14-13 @ Tyner.

I dont think anyone's counting Tyner out but until someone knocks off Alcoa thier still the champs

Go Big Red

I have no idea about Tyner this year but they are typically competitive year after year. As a matter of fact one of the most talented teams to ever come through loudon (1996 season) got put out of the playoffs by Tyner 14-13 @ Tyner.

I dont think anyone's counting Tyner out but until someone knocks off Alcoa thier still the champs

Go Big Red

I was apart of that great bunch. I was a jr. that year. :blink:

Edited by 1997TynerRam#24

i love how you all are mad about the 91 point game by alcoa but you werent even at the game. alcoa cut the game to 8 minute quarters in the second half and all they did was run the WHOLE game! some people are saying the alcoa players should of ran out of bounds and stuff like that but do you know how good if feels to be a freshman and score a touchdown, i mean that means a lot to me. so dont go off speaking bad about alcoas game when you werent even there and dont know the facts